Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 3:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you were doing this regularly then I'd suggest Bankside, I personally think it's the better hotel. But for an occasional visitor Tower Bridge is much better connected to public transport, even though I personally like the area immediately by Bankside. Tower Bridge is a bit closer to tube, trains and buses if you are getting about town.
Old May 7, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by webbyboy
For a first timer in London, which is a better choice? Bankside or TB? If both are about the same rate (Bankside a slight cheaper).
If theatre is important, consider Waldorf as well for its excellent location. The lounge is on a par or better than the other two, although the rooms maybe not.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Staying 3 nights here next weekend - what are the chances of a suite upgrade as a first time Diamond?

I normally stay at the Andaz but the rates were super competitive here so I hopped over
Old May 10, 2019, 12:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Staying 3 nights here next weekend - what are the chances of a suite upgrade as a first time Diamond?

I normally stay at the Andaz but the rates were super competitive here so I hopped over
not very high to be honest, however all the rooms are nice and usually the upgrade you get is decent. The service was great last time I stayed (Easter) but as the hotel gets very busy these days, make sure you don’t get a room on the first floor. You’ll hear noise from the weddings/parties that get held in the basement meeting rooms on weekends if you do and that was the only negative during our otherwise excellent stay. (Noise from the two weddings could easily be heard in the exec lounge and 1st floor room we had that lasted until at least 11 PM. Otherwise, a great stay, lounge, breakfast and location. Have a great stay.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BotB

not very high to be honest, however all the rooms are nice and usually the upgrade you get is decent. The service was great last time I stayed (Easter) but as the hotel gets very busy these days, make sure you don’t get a room on the first floor. You’ll hear noise from the weddings/parties that get held in the basement meeting rooms on weekends if you do and that was the only negative during our otherwise excellent stay. (Noise from the two weddings could easily be heard in the exec lounge and 1st floor room we had that lasted until at least 11 PM. Otherwise, a great stay, lounge, breakfast and location. Have a great stay.
Not sure this is true, for Friday, Saturday, Sunday stays the suite upgrade odds are quite good. It is the rest of the week that is problematic.

You don't want one of the smaller rooms at the back overlooking the railway (basic room no upgrade but worst of the basic rooms) like they tried to give me last week.

The only real meaningful upgrades here are to suites most of the other rooms apart from the slightly odd room variant with the desk behind the bed, are pretty much identical apart from the contents of the minibar and bathroom amenities.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Not sure this is true, for Friday, Saturday, Sunday stays the suite upgrade odds are quite good. It is the rest of the week that is problematic.

You don't want one of the smaller rooms at the back overlooking the railway (basic room no upgrade but worst of the basic rooms) like they tried to give me last week.

The only real meaningful upgrades here are to suites most of the other rooms apart from the slightly odd room variant with the desk behind the bed, are pretty much identical apart from the contents of the minibar and bathroom amenities.
I had one of those rooms once (I've got a terrible track record with upgrades at Bankside) and it was awful. I had asked for a quiet room, but was given one of these and had the pleasure of being awakened by the train on a regular basis. As seems common with Hilton proiperties, the app showed plenty of other rooms available for booking, while the front desk said they were completely full and had no rooms to which they could move me...
Old May 10, 2019, 9:44 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Not sure this is true, for Friday, Saturday, Sunday stays the suite upgrade odds are quite good. It is the rest of the week that is problematic..
Fair enough, always good to get differing viewpoints. ^ I appreciate others have had suite upgrades here but I’ve only stayed at weekends here and never had a suite upgrade. (Admittedly only 5 or so stays in total though).

Here’s hoping they give the person asking a great upgrade but I wouldn’t count on it!
Old May 10, 2019, 9:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Thanks all - fingers crossed!
Old May 10, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Thanks all - fingers crossed!
Love to know how you get on.

I went for the Hilton Tower Bridge tonight and can 100% guarantee you will never get a suite upgrade there. Such upgrades that you do get seem even less noticeable than at Bankside. It was however rather rarely considerably cheaper than Bankside when I booked.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Got upgraded (the night before) to a full 1BR suite on the 7th floor with nice views including bits of Blackfriars, London Eye and the Shard

Not bad at all!

No service issues at FD, lounge and breakfast so far as well!

It will be hard to stomach the regular room at the Churchill (next destination) at half the size but 2.5x the price here!
Old May 18, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
I found a price called Hilton Honors Sale for a day in Sept. that is only 195 pounds. The description of the price says it’s an advanced purchase with no changes, and it also says in capital letters NO BREAKFAST.
But I assume that as a Diamond that my status will allow me access to the executive lounge and breakfast at the Bankside, right?
Old May 18, 2019, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by HookEm
I found a price called Hilton Honors Sale for a day in Sept. that is only 195 pounds. The description of the price says it’s an advanced purchase with no changes, and it also says in capital letters NO BREAKFAST.
But I assume that as a Diamond that my status will allow me access to the executive lounge and breakfast at the Bankside, right?
Hi,

That is correct. You will get your Diamond Benefits and Breakfast.

Regards

TBS
Old May 18, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HookEm
not a terrific rate really, flex corps start at around £205 here.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

That is correct. You will get your Diamond Benefits and Breakfast.

Regards

TBS
Thanks a lot TBS.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:12 pm

not a terrific rate really, flex corps start at around £205 here.
Hmmm, I may wait then to see if it changes since I have flexibility in my schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.