Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Vegan Suite

Just saw this on the Hilton auction site. Seems they have a vegan suite now!

Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by gav0106
Just saw this on the Hilton auction site. Seems they have a vegan suite now!

Yeah, that was a big deal when it opened ( last October I believe ) , I remember it being in the London newspapers, is there a market for it?, who knows.......is normally quite expensive.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
I was surprised the auction prize did not include a meal at Tibits
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
I was surprised the auction prize did not include a meal at Tibits
That would actually be a really good idea, last Friday evening I dined at Tibits.......wow, absolutely delicious!..... ( and I’m a Paleo! )
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:07 pm

How does this compare to the EDITION?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Completed another stay here Sunday.. from Deluxe to Deluxe Suite! Not sure if it's just someone who recognises your name that affects upgrades but there's definitely still some good scores at this hotel sometimes.

Was out all day so didn't get to spend any real time awake in the hotel including missing happy hour... the fire alarm went off at 4am in the morning hotel-wide following an incident in the kitchen though for around 5-10 minutes. Apologies were offered to everyone who was checking out, I didn't bother complaining. Minor sleep disruption for me but can imagine others weren't as happy...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:04 am

Ive got a video shoot to do in Camden on 11 th April, I’m booked in at doubletree Tower Hill but as here is only Ł30 more....I’m thinking of switching my stay to here....the only compromise is it’s further to travel to the shoot......decisions!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ocprodigy
Completed another stay here Sunday.. from Deluxe to Deluxe Suite! Not sure if it's just someone who recognises your name that affects upgrades but there's definitely still some good scores at this hotel sometimes.

Was out all day so didn't get to spend any real time awake in the hotel including missing happy hour... the fire alarm went off at 4am in the morning hotel-wide following an incident in the kitchen though for around 5-10 minutes. Apologies were offered to everyone who was checking out, I didn't bother complaining. Minor sleep disruption for me but can imagine others weren't as happy...
I am staying here in june for a tour night paid stay in an executive room. What's the changes of getting upgraded to a higher category room? I am only gold though that's why I paid for executive room.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Dax1956
I am staying here in june for a tour night paid stay in an executive room. What's the changes of getting upgraded to a higher category room? I am only gold though that's why I paid for executive room.
Slim - they will probably tell you that all higher rooms are fully booked and that the system is wrong. They lie very easily and think we were born yesterday!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Slim - they will probably tell you that all higher rooms are fully booked and that the system is wrong. They lie very easily and think we were born yesterday!
ok, so the one category upgrade does not work here? Is that the same for most hotel's?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:40 am

I am diamond, but they have been very generous with upgrades here for me - well above the 1 cat. Another stay here on the 22nd, 25th and 27th so I will report back.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by residentx
I am diamond, but they have been very generous with upgrades here for me - well above the 1 cat. Another stay here on the 22nd, 25th and 27th so I will report back.
Thanks that would be great. My expectations are low, so I won't be too disappointed.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Don't forget OXBO for breakfast...

Back here again - I just keep returning, it kinda feels like staying at a friend's place!

My room upgrade was the usual 1-category from standard to deluxe king.

But... I had forgotten just how good the oxbo breakfast is. This morning the restaurant was quiet and the spread is fantastic. I know that you can order egg dishes from the lounge but the broader food selection in the restaurant is worth keeping in mind if you have time for a leisurely feast in the morning!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:09 am

Just to make sure, if I book without breakfast, as Diamond we will get breakfast, right? We intend to stay 2 nights.

After reading a lot here I understand most prefer this one over TB and CW. I am attracted to CW price and TB lounge balcony.

On the other hand, as vegans, we would like to eat at tibits.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by cutnana
Just to make sure, if I book without breakfast, as Diamond we will get breakfast, right? We intend to stay 2 nights.

After reading a lot here I understand most prefer this one over TB and CW. I am attracted to CW price and TB lounge balcony.

On the other hand, as vegans, we would like to eat at tibits.
You will get breakfast as a diamond no matter what you book.

The hotel also has a vegan suite, depending on budget/tastes could be of interest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.