Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Breakfast in the restaurant another tranquil affair - Greek yogurt topped with hemp, flax, walnuts and cashews(!), as well as a couple of plums for color.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Breakfast in the restaurant another tranquil affair - Greek yogurt topped with hemp, flax, walnuts and cashews(!), as well as a couple of plums for color.
Oh NO!

How could you?

Where is the granola ... !!!?

An egregious error, at Bankside!
Old May 9, 2018, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
A bit of a cultural pun as in the States "granola" is a synonym for "hippie"... all that hemp and such ...

I'll make a point of having 'real' granola in future!
Old May 9, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Oh NO!

How could you?

Where is the granola ... !!!?

An egregious error, at Bankside!

haha, I scrolled down to type something similar and then saw your post.......can't go to Bankside without having the granola!
Old May 9, 2018, 12:30 pm

Fellow Bankside fans, what does this little guy remind you of?
Old May 9, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by MissJ
Fellow Bankside fans, what does this little guy remind you of?
Good spot Miss J - now if you'd only decapitated this and shown us the head stuck to a random point on the wall ... that would bring back Bankside memories!

Last edited by diamond club freeloader; May 9, 2018 at 3:42 pm
Old May 9, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sadly, I learned that someone pinched one of the two fox door stoppers on the way into the restaurant.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping thus thread while I wait for my steak at the BA Concorde Lounge.

Thanks for your suggestion to stay here, folks. A bit pricey, but I had a good time. Macadamia nuts in the granola a bit overwhelming for this Bumpkin though. This morning's breakfast not so laid back, as I arrived later with the tourist crowd. Otherwise, breakfast and lounge truly terrific. Hotel staff quite accommodating without being overbearing about it.

Had no idea there'd be a Tesco and Sainsburys next door if needed (I didn't).
Old May 11, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Bumping thus thread while I wait for my steak at the BA Concorde Lounge.

Thanks for your suggestion to stay here, folks. A bit pricey, but I had a good time. Macadamia nuts in the granola a bit overwhelming for this Bumpkin though. This morning's breakfast not so laid back, as I arrived later with the tourist crowd. Otherwise, breakfast and lounge truly terrific. Hotel staff quite accommodating without being overbearing about it.

Had no idea there'd be a Tesco and Sainsburys next door if needed (I didn't).
thanks for the trip report, I'm glad you enjoyed it, it's definitely the best Hilton's in the uk in my opinion........I'm already looking for an excuse to return.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, MLife Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Stayed here on Thursday evening, really impressed with all of it, the staff were fantastic, great room and loved the lounge. I am gutted I have not ventured to this hotel before, I normally stop at the DT Tower of London because of it's easy access to my company's office and district/circle lines. I will be back !

As a side note, I am a fire protection guy, the foxes head on a 'random point' of the wall is genius. I know of so many hotels that have suffered damage and closed rooms because someone hung a dress from the sidewall sprinkler - it adds a unique twist and a talking point and potentially saves a fortune in lost revenue.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:16 am

Talking Hey botb - not a one to gloat but Bankside granola at home!

Old May 13, 2018, 2:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by wizla
Hey botb - not a one to gloat but Bankside granola at home!
^ Good on you mate, glad you are enjoying the hard won granola and had a decent stay recently. Still one of my favourite hotels in London (regardless of chain) and I may have to ask for a rematch and take away your granola title....

Stayed recently at Bournemouth Hilton and the granola wasn't a patch on Bankside, but they did upgrade me to a sea view suite...so will have to live with being second place!

Safe travels mate, hope to catch up with you soon!
Old May 14, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by BotB
^ Good on you mate, glad you are enjoying the hard won granola and had a decent stay recently. Still one of my favourite hotels in London (regardless of chain) and I may have to ask for a rematch and take away your granola title....

Stayed recently at Bournemouth Hilton and the granola wasn't a patch on Bankside, but they did upgrade me to a sea view suite...so will have to live with being second place!

Safe travels mate, hope to catch up with you soon!
its all good mate and I hope you are well.............. it was sooo close and the title could have gone either way, I couldn't resist a cheeky picture........ yes, hope to hook up soon!.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Having 4 nights in London and today arriving at Bankside for the last night.

1st night at Hilton Metropole. Decent place, good room at the east wing. Landed from Asia at 6am and got to the hotel at 8am expecting my bags to be stored and a shower at the gym. The Dutch receptionist managed to find a room for us and allocate it. The lounge in the evening was hammered.. we had to take out our food and drinks and enjoy them in the room.

2nd night, Doubletree Docklands. Very nice place as well. My partner and I love to take our breakfast outside on the terrace next to the river.. room was decent but aircon was not working.

3rd night at the Waldorf. Honestly a bit disappointed with the checkin experience and service level. When we came back later in the day the lounge agent found us a nice room and ordered our bags there. We enjoyed tea in the lounge for about another hour and when we arrived in our room our bags had not been delivered. Lounge was nice, breakfast was sufficient but service was hard to find. A shame as these little things make or break a hotel.

Hilton Bankside, I stayed here last year and very much enjoyed it. I did not get an upgrade at that time but the state of the hotel, the service and the lounge just made it great.

Loved to have stayed here longer but with room rates up to GBP 450 it was not within Budget. I booked a flexible rate at GBP 220 initially and a week ago could change to a non flexible at GBP 157. We we arrived early at 10am as we left the Waldorf right after breakfast. No room available but the welcoming receptionist was very kind and helpful and it was not an issue for us at all. At 1pm we received a text message the room was ready and at 3 we checked in, an amazing upgrade to room 757, a suite. The bags were already in the room without me asking. Now enjoying tea in the lounge and look forward to evening drinks.

Some pictures below of the room.

Globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Jun 9, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:15 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Without doubt, my current stay here proves that this is still the best Hilton in London. The most professional staff, excellent breakfast, great/fresh rooms, super exec lounge. Its all a major cut above any other property in town, without doubt. Already booked again for next year. Love it ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.