Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:54 am

Sorry Wizla it’s a vote for @BotB from me.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Afraid Wizla gets it for me, the egg was creative!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:18 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Great news...

... I have had a chat with a really helpful and generally excellent member of the Bankside Guest Relations team (Hannah) who has very kindly put up a prize for the winner of the Great Granola-Off!

Of course, you've guessed it, it's a bag of that epic Bankside Granola!!

So come on folks - vote early, vote often - there's a bag of Gold at stake!
^ WOW, that's a great prize and a nice gesture! Thanks for organising that! Getting serious now!

Originally Posted by chrism20
Sorry Wizla it’s a vote for @BotB from me.
Thank you! (and to the others that voted for the Granola King nice + nasty creation (nice as using low calorie yoghurt and natural additives, nasty as there is still the lovely rich greek yoghurt to spice things up!

Originally Posted by gav0106
Afraid Wizla gets it for me, the egg was creative!
I won't hold it against you long gav0106... Great that you voted, thanks for doing so! Please do click 'like' on his photo though to ensure your vote counts! (I must be mad for saying this!)

We should have arranged an exit poll as I'm not sure I can wait until tomorrow morning! Is there a swing vote contingent I need to 'work' on?

Not sure about you wizla, but I've prepared both my winning and losing speeches....they both pack that extra 'crunch'

Not too late to vote...c'mon exercise those FT privileges and vote now! (and any lurkers...you know who you are, sign up and vote! (unless you'd vote for wizla...then maybe wait for the next round!)

Safety first though people, the queue starts here....
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:25 pm

@MissJ : Have I mentioned to you how much I like Porsche?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by BotB
@MissJ : Have I mentioned to you how much I like Porsche?
I'd guess MissJ won't fall for your charm offensive BotB ... it may even remind her of your BMW superiority complex and push her in the other direction

And every vote counts - these guys are neck and neck with fewer than 12 hours to go.
Come on, one and all, you must have an opinion!

This is turning out to be fine craic for a Wednesday evening ^
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
^ WOW, that's a great prize and a nice gesture! Thanks for organising that! Getting serious now!

Thank you! (and to the others that voted for the Granola King nice + nasty creation (nice as using low calorie yoghurt and natural additives, nasty as there is still the lovely rich greek yoghurt to spice things up!

I won't hold it against you long gav0106... Great that you voted, thanks for doing so! Please do click 'like' on his photo though to ensure your vote counts! (I must be mad for saying this!)

We should have arranged an exit poll as I'm not sure I can wait until tomorrow morning! Is there a swing vote contingent I need to 'work' on?

Not sure about you wizla, but I've prepared both my winning and losing speeches....they both pack that extra 'crunch'

Not too late to vote...c'mon exercise those FT privileges and vote now! (and any lurkers...you know who you are, sign up and vote! (unless you'd vote for wizla...then maybe wait for the next round!)

Safety first though people, the queue starts here....
I've Only prepared a winning speech mate!......hahaha, seriously though I never prepare anything when on stage it's all off the cuff, best man speeches, etc.
this is great fun...what started as a joke has turned into a game......may the best granola dish win!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:04 pm

With all the granola hype I almost forgot to post the pictures I took at Hilton Bankside. -
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:08 pm

Hilton Bankside

Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:12 pm

Hilton Bankside

Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:18 pm

I'd guess MissJ won't fall for your charm offensive BotB ... it may even remind her of your BMW superiority complex and push her in the other direction

And every vote counts - these guys are neck and neck with fewer than 12 hours to go.
Come on, one and all, you must have an opinion!

This is turning out to be fine craic for a Wednesday evening ^
^ now you see, this is just your very good discerning eye and calm, prepared nature coming to the fore

It looks like wizla is starting to pull ahead...is this early days or a sign of a tidal shift...

BTW wizla, love the diversionary tactics of posting the photos at this stage...smooth....

Thanks for posting the pics, really good to see the suite and honestly very glad they went above and beyond to make your mums day and stay special. ^

As a side note, the lounge chap in the picture was particularly great to us during our stay, likely the others are just as nice and good but didn't come across them during our stay.

Safe travels everyone....

and don't forget to vote! ^

P.S. DCFL: no superiority complex, just made sure I ticked the option box 'built-in right of way' simples!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:21 pm

Exclamation Please vote for your preferred granola!

wizla's photos are good, but don't let them distract you from voting, just while he's sitting a whisker ahead of BotB (5 vs 4 'likes').

I'm trying to be a firm but fair umpire here - letting these guys off with no crafty manoeuvres...

So please scroll up to posts 473/474 and 'like' the bowl of loveliness that you prefer...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:25 pm

P.S. DCFL: no superiority complex, just made sure I ticked the option box 'built-in right of way' simples!
This statement is a bold move for a man in need of a few votes
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Had to go with BotB based on content (excellent use of the dollop) and composition (notice the thoughtful placement of the banana).
I also wanted to force the tie-breaker.

Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:04 pm

Ha, I'm loving this!......currently 5-5.......4 hours until deadline.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:22 am

This statement is a bold move for a man in need of a few votes
live by the granola, die by the granola! As we’ve seen in the photos; granola favours the brave.

sleepless night watching the results...

Thanks for the vote at the last minute, do you feel the pressure wizla?

Its down to the wire now...please do vote to provide a decisive victory for one or the other!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.