Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Gym is small. There is a rack of dumbells but no barbell or plates.
One or two multipurpose weight machines
Two or three treadmills, a cross trainer, a rowing machine and a couple of cycling machines as well as a very nice indoor pool ideal for laps with a jucuzzi at the far end.

Just completed another stay at Hilton Bankside last weekend and it was a s good as ever really enjoyed our stay.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:12 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by cyberon
I agree with you that the breakfast is mediocre (then again, the Conrad UK was better but still not that great. Maybe it's a UK thing?)

Commercial juices, unripe fruit, wierd tasting eggs, not much variety of hot food. The service is slow and forgetful too.

i only remembered the cheese being tasty.
Just completed a stay here a few days ago & felt that the breakfast experience and quality was very decent. Way better than most Hiltons in UK. Decent back bacon, thick pork sausages, cooked to order eggs (including the option of Duck eggs!), good selection of bread & the delicious granola. All tasty. No complaints ^
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:01 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
Originally Posted by PaulH1
Gym is small. There is a rack of dumbells but no barbell or plates.
One or two multipurpose weight machines
Two or three treadmills, a cross trainer, a rowing machine and a couple of cycling machines as well as a very nice indoor pool ideal for laps with a jucuzzi at the far end.

Just completed another stay at Hilton Bankside last weekend and it was a s good as ever really enjoyed our stay.
Thanks for the details
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum HH Diamond
Checked in today. Initial experience v good. Will update after stay.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Checked in today. No upgrade. The chef has spent hours preparing me a few grapes though.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:54 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chistery
Checked in today. No upgrade. The chef has spent hours preparing me a few grapes though.
I recently had three rather yummy in house baked cookies to my surprise.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
I recently had three rather yummy in house baked cookies to my surprise.
Originally Posted by chistery
Makes a change from the 3 apples I usually receive - of course, positioned on the plate with a Michelin-star standard of presentation.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
What an odd turndown service. Take the cold water from the fridge and place it by the bed so you come back to warm water. Not a chocolate in sight. (Which is the only reason to have a turndown service imho)
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:15 am

These reviews have me excited about my stay here in a few weeks. Had anyone had luck getting upgraded as a diamond on a standard rate award stay?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:30 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
Originally Posted by MissJ
These reviews have me excited about my stay here in a few weeks. Had anyone had luck getting upgraded as a diamond on a standard rate award stay?
Every time - at least King deluxe and up to King one bedroom suite.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:37 am

Nice! Can't wait to try this one out
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
I stayed at this property two weekends ago (Diamond on a std award booking) and was upgraded to a lovely King suite. I chose this property based on the outstanding reviews here but have to say I did not enjoy the granola in the Executive Lounge nearly as much as the rest of you. As a US resident, I guess I'm just used to my Love Crunch Dark Chocolate & Red Berries granola! (Sausages were AMAZING though)
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:19 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
Originally Posted by MissJ
Nice! Can't wait to try this one out
Do not hold your breath. In one year things have changed. The enthusiasm of the staff seems to have gone and there appears to be a significant turnover rate as well.

Sent an e-mail week before my current stay to ask for a twin room instead of a king room as my nephew wanted to visit London. No reply ever. Called in 3 days before the stay and the lady with very snappy tone told that it would cost me more. I then mentioned that a diamond guest can have another person staying in the same room for free. A twin room was arranged - deluxe from 7th floor with free refreshments (one orange juice, two bottles of water, and one Coca Cola). Check in 10:30 AM was allowed.

Check in lady mentioned that it was my 15th stay in the property. The welcome gift was a small metal jar filled with hard candy. Unimpressive.

As my meetings last often till late and I am not able to enjoy the EL, I went to front desk asking for a drink chit. The fellow told he would have to ask from his superior and asked me to sit down and wait. Actually he went to loo and came back a moment later just to tell that I can have as many drinks in the Distillery Bar as I wish - as long as I pay them myself. 16 pounds for a gin and tonic seems kind of steep. But there is a Tesco and Sainsbury's right outside the front door of hotel for thirsty and stingy customers.

First morning had the breakfast at main restaurant. No complaints, friendly faces, friendly service, coffee brought to table, and sufficient selection. Did not bother the chef, but what I recall from earlier stays, omelettes and extras were to be paid separately. Second morning tried the EL breakfast around 7 AM. Two members of staff there replenishing the scarce offerings, no good morning, no offer to order anything. Self service coffee, croissants, cold cuts, cheese, and yogurt it was.

Edge lost, but still a good choice among London Hiltons if the price is right (seldom nowadays).
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by TTL
... tried the EL breakfast around 7 AM. Two members of staff there replenishing the scarce offerings, no good morning, no offer to order anything. Self service coffee, croissants, cold cuts, cheese, and yogurt it was...
Seriously? Is that what the EL breakfast has been reduced to???

No cereals - no epic granola? - No scrambled egg and bacon/sausage? No fresh fruit and delicious fruit compote? And, importantly, any egg-based item (poached/fried/omelette/pancakes) from the main restaurant was always available to order at no extra cost. I haven't been here in about 6 months, but returning in a few weeks ... will report back!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:25 am
TTL

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Seriously? Is that what the EL breakfast has been reduced to???

No cereals - no epic granola? - No scrambled egg and bacon/sausage? No fresh fruit and delicious fruit compote? And, importantly, any egg-based item (poached/fried/omelette/pancakes) from the main restaurant was always available to order at no extra cost. I haven't been here in about 6 months, but returning in a few weeks ... will report back!
Described my picks. Granola, fresh fruits, scrambled eggs, sausages, and two types of bacon were available. Just not my breakfast but an omelette would have been. Indifferent service atmosphere hit me the most.

PS. 3rd breakfast in the main restaurant contrasted the experience in the EL. Very attentive staff. And late checkout for the nephew was no problem, so maybe there still is hope

Last edited by TTL; Oct 12, 2017 at 1:25 am Reason: PS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.