Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Old Sep 27, 19, 1:16 pm

Someone gave you bad info about breakfast as a diamond. I was there Sept 13-16. We ate breakfast every day at OXBO.

If you haven’t already, go to the host stand at OXBO. They should give you a darker blue “Diamond” square Chip, that they put on your table.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Sep 28, 19, 1:41 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Yeah I've stayed here several times as a diamond member and usually eat in the restaurant. Lounge had zero people in it. We're probably hitting Oxbo for breakfast today.

That was just a bizarre experience.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Sep 28, 19, 3:36 am

Sorted

Apparently they'd misheard my room number yesterday
MoodyB likes this.
Old Sep 28, 19, 11:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by florens View Post
Staying here this weekend on a reward stay. Fingers crossed for an upgrade!
Got upgraded to a King Deluxe Room.
wizla, MoodyB and AStarr like this.
Old Oct 2, 19, 12:28 pm

Does anyone know if Gregily is still around in the executive lounge? Last stay was in December last year, and considering returning for Christmas this year. I thought the service can be a bit cold at this otherwise excellent hotel, but Gregily was great.

Also, does anyone have an opinion as to whether the Bankside or Tower Bridge would be a better option for a family stay during the week of Christmas? I really like the festive feeling of the Bankside, but slightly prefer the Tower Bridge overall. Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 19, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by SDedalus View Post
Does anyone know if Gregily is still around in the executive lounge? Last stay was in December last year, and considering returning for Christmas this year. I thought the service can be a bit cold at this otherwise excellent hotel, but Gregily was great.

Also, does anyone have an opinion as to whether the Bankside or Tower Bridge would be a better option for a family stay during the week of Christmas? I really like the festive feeling of the Bankside, but slightly prefer the Tower Bridge overall. Thanks.
I love Bankside at Christmas (the sweaters!) but it has never given me the "family fun" vibe given one of the main features of the hotel is the distillery bar. Though the pool is great for kids. I've never stayed at Tower Bridge so can't really comment on the atmosphere there.
Old Oct 2, 19, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by SDedalus View Post

Gregily left a couple of months ago, he moved back home to Budapest. He was the best, always there for a chat.
Old Oct 3, 19, 5:34 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
So, two questions:

Can anyone tell me the food hours in the Executive Lounge. (I have tried asking the front desk and have gotten different answers which don't seem to mesh with reality. I.E. I was told 5 to 8 PM and showed up a 7:30 PM and there was no food. I was also told breakfast in the Lounge was til 11 which I am dubious about. I don't want to show up at 10:05 and find there is no food.)

Do any of the rooms in this hotel have in-room safes? I'm shocked to find myself in a Hilton room (esp at a high end property) with no safe in the room.

So, far I am NOT impressed with my first stay in this hotel.
Old Oct 3, 19, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by stc View Post
So, two questions:

Can anyone tell me the food hours in the Executive Lounge. (I have tried asking the front desk and have gotten different answers which don't seem to mesh with reality. I.E. I was told 5 to 8 PM and showed up a 7:30 PM and there was no food. I was also told breakfast in the Lounge was til 11 which I am dubious about. I don't want to show up at 10:05 and find there is no food.)

Do any of the rooms in this hotel have in-room safes? I'm shocked to find myself in a Hilton room (esp at a high end property) with no safe in the room.

So, far I am NOT impressed with my first stay in this hotel.
We had breakfast at 10.30 in the lounge one day (Friday last week I believe). There was plenty of food and ordered omelettes as well.

There is an afternoon tea service starting at 13.00 or 14.00 I believe. The evening reception food ends at 19.30, alcoholic beverages end at 20.00. They can be quite prompt with removal of the evening services I've noticed.
Old Oct 3, 19, 5:57 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AStarr View Post
We had breakfast at 10.30 in the lounge one day (Friday last week I believe). There was plenty of food and ordered omelettes as well.

There is an afternoon tea service starting at 13.00 or 14.00 I believe. The evening reception food ends at 19.30, alcoholic beverages end at 20.00. They can be quite prompt with removal of the evening services I've noticed.
Thanks.

I guess part of why I am annoyed is that almost every other hotel I have a stayed at either:
1) gives you a welcome letter with this info
2) has the hours on the card they give you
or
3) posts the hours of food service at lounge

This hotel does NONE of those.

-Still looking for full hours of food in lounge (start and end)
Old Oct 3, 19, 6:21 am

Thanks.

I guess part of why I am annoyed is that almost every other hotel I have a stayed at either:
1) gives you a welcome letter with this info
2) has the hours on the card they give you
or
3) posts the hours of food service at lounge

This hotel does NONE of those.

-Still looking for full hours of food in lounge (start and end)
You should be able to text them from the app, call down to reception, or ask in person at reception. I usually ask via the app because I have horrible experiences with hotel phones and the reception desks can be a bit busy at times - especially with people skipping queues. The card comes in the little key wallet but I don't think includes all the hours (given there are 3 separate services and that card is tiny). I, too, find it pretty annoying that the service hours for the lounge are not posted. However, I think you can generally show and find something or request something which is nice.
Old Oct 3, 19, 7:59 am
stc

You should be able to text them from the app, call down to reception, or ask in person at reception. I usually ask via the app because I have horrible experiences with hotel phones and the reception desks can be a bit busy at times - especially with people skipping queues. The card comes in the little key wallet but I don't think includes all the hours (given there are 3 separate services and that card is tiny). I, too, find it pretty annoying that the service hours for the lounge are not posted. However, I think you can generally show and find something or request something which is nice.
I tried asking at reception. Once you get past the language issues, I've gotten the answers that make no sense above. Complete with one person telling me that the evening hors d'oeuvres ended at eight no I mean seven no I don't know what I mean.

I don't do apps because I don't want people tracking me anymore than they're tracking me already. Not to mention it' just clutters up the phone. When I checked in they told me I'd get a text message later asking me how everything was which I guess I could reply to. Except the one time I actually want that annoying text message, I don't get it
Old Oct 3, 19, 8:01 am
stc

The afternoon tea service seems to start at 3 PM at least it did today. Who knows what time it ends???
Old Oct 3, 19, 8:05 am

The afternoon tea service seems to start at 3 PM at least it did today. Who knows what time it ends???
It should end an hour before the evening reception... that seems very late for the afternoon tea service to start. I vaguely recall it starting much earlier than that. Sounds like they're off their game this week.
Old Oct 3, 19, 9:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bon Titanium, Accor Platinum (former IHG Plat Ambass - quit after 13 years)

Yes, they do.
Can't remember if it was in the closets (there were 2 closets in our room) or in a space somewhere below the TV. Check the various drawers under the TV if you can't find it in either of the closets.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: