Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Old Aug 21, 19, 9:48 am

The pancakes were really good. Though definitely a nicer price as Diamond.

As Diamond, you can order off the menu, and get ala carte. Only order the granola off the menu if you LOVE granola. The portion is huge! If you enjoy granola, and do not want a huge bowl of it, they have it on the buffet. (Itís quite yummy) If you want the rice porridge, order that from the menu. The porridge accompaniments looked a little tired on the buffet. I think itís a little difficult keeping the ingredients fresh looking, while also keeping them by the hot porridge.

Old Aug 21, 19, 9:55 am

If you get a craving for something sweet in the evening, I highly recommend the Blueberry Trifle with confit orange & lemon curd. £8 and totally worth it!

It was refreshing, and creamy. The flavors pair very well together. It was sweet, but not an overpowering sweetness. Really lovely.
chrism20 and wizla like this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 11:25 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by HardToConcentrate View Post
The pancakes were really good. Though definitely a nicer price as Diamond.

As Diamond, you can order off the menu, and get ala carte. Only order the granola off the menu if you LOVE granola. The portion is huge! If you enjoy granola, and do not want a huge bowl of it, they have it on the buffet. (Itís quite yummy) If you want the rice porridge, order that from the menu. The porridge accompaniments looked a little tired on the buffet. I think itís a little difficult keeping the ingredients fresh looking, while also keeping them by the hot porridge.

Iíve said it many times on here but that honey nut granola is certainly the best Iíve ever eaten!....absolutely Devine.
SponsorSFC and MoodyB like this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by wizla View Post
Iíve said it many times on here but that honey nut granola is certainly the best Iíve ever eaten!....absolutely Devine.
I tried it after reading your reviews on here! Yíall were right. Itís the best granola Iíve had. Great flavor, and not too sweet.
geo1005, wizla and MoodyB like this.
Old Aug 29, 19, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, American Airlines, Marriott Gold LT, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
I have a three night stay coming up this fall and as a Diamond am already looking forward to some granola and eggs for breakfast! ^
MoodyB likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bon Titanium, Accor Platinum (former IHG Plat Ambass - quit after 13 years)
Unless you manage to get one of the bigger rooms or suites, the windows are small at this hotel, (they have a vertical rectangular shape) and don't let in much natural light, so your room will always be a bit dark in daytime . You can not open the windows for fresh air either.

Also you won't get much of a view no matter which way you are facing (unless you are on a very high floor) and quite a few unlucky room windows just face the small inner courtyard. I feel sorry for those guests who pay more than 300 GBP per night just to look out onto a small enclosed space with nothing but walls and other hotel room windows. At least the outside facing rooms give you a view of the street and people passing by.

The Conrad St James in London has the same exact problem with dozens of their rooms having the dreaded inner courtyard view.

Hilton bankside is a nice hotel, but it feels more like a curio collection/boutique property than a normal Hilton.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Sep 23, 19 at 3:43 am
Old Sep 17, 19, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bon Titanium, Accor Platinum (former IHG Plat Ambass - quit after 13 years)
The quality of most of the food at this hotel (both at breakfast & in the evening in the lounge) is of a very high standard. There are some exceptions, but most of it was pretty impressive.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 18, 19, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Staying here for 5 nights in early October as a Diamond. Booked two rooms - one on points and one for cash (traveling with Family for work). Will we all get exec. lounge? How are they with upgrades for a 5 night stay?
Old Sep 18, 19, 11:30 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinMike View Post
Staying here for 5 nights in early October as a Diamond. Booked two rooms - one on points and one for cash (traveling with Family for work). Will we all get exec. lounge? How are they with upgrades for a 5 night stay?
Yes, both rooms will get lounge access and full breakfast at Oxbo, but donít keep your hopes up for an upgrade, if youíre lucky a deluxe or maybe one executive room but for 5 nights I have never received a suite.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 3:57 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Random data point

Staying here now as a diamond and was informed that breakfast at OXBO is an additional charge when I inquired this morning

A bit disappointing
Old Sep 27, 19, 4:28 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by AStarr View Post
Random data point

Staying here now as a diamond and was informed that breakfast at OXBO is an additional charge when I inquired this morning

A bit disappointing
Surely a mistake?
Old Sep 27, 19, 5:34 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Who told you that?
Old Sep 27, 19, 7:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MoodyB View Post
Surely a mistake?
I was told that on my first stay at Bankside, but was allowed to eat at Oxbo without problems on successive trips. If you do want to eat in the restaurant Iíd request to chat with the frontdesk manager; I think some of the staff is just Ill informed.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 7:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
I can smell the blood being brushed off the pitchforks in this thread!
It'll most likely be a mistake from a more junior member of staff, they won't be removing the free breakfast for Diamonds anytime soon.
Old Sep 27, 19, 10:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Staying here this weekend on a reward stay. Fingers crossed for an upgrade!
AStarr likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: