Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Old Aug 12, 19, 5:52 am

Programs: LH Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
I think you were unlucky too. We had a great stay 3 weeks ago, and breakfast was the high point.
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Reception staff can sometimes be a but Brusque if you get the wrong person. The deluxe rooms are all pretty decent and I am generally happy with a high floor deluxe room if there is nothing else available. The next room category up is a bit bigger but quite weird with a desk in an odd place behind the bed.

The overall product is pretty solid however and the lounge is the best Hilton lounge in London IMHO
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 6:13 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
I think you were unlucky too. We had a great stay 3 weeks ago, and breakfast was the high point.
I know I keep banging on about it but that honey nut granola is awesome!
NoY, treppenlaeufer and MoodyB like this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Yep was looking forward to breakfast the most. But sitting in someone's dirty dishes with no apology then no cutlery or offer of coffee put me off! Was only on leaving realised we were meant to have placemats with what looked like awesome a la carte dishes.. hmmm might try again then if price is right.
Old Aug 12, 19, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DrAJ View Post
Yep was looking forward to breakfast the most. But sitting in someone's dirty dishes with no apology then no cutlery or offer of coffee put me off! Was only on leaving realised we were meant to have placemats with what looked like awesome a la carte dishes.. hmmm might try again then if price is right.
Never quite worked out of the a la carte offering is included for Diamonds as have been to some properties where it definitely isn't.

That said unless you go to breakfast really late it is a huge restaurant and there are always alternative spaces. I tell the staff where I am going to sit (always wherever I am not just this property), so this situation would simply never arise for me.

I never wait for the staff to give me beverages as I always prefer to make my own. There are 2 decent coffee machines (for all Italian coffee types) at the back of the room straight up from the entrance and also a wide variety of teas and boiling hot water. It is rare that a hotel makes tea or coffee as I like it so I am always happy to get my own and it generally is quicker too.
Old Aug 12, 19, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
I did have a look but didn't spot the machines oops. Did ask about another empty table but told they had all been cleared and prepped for brunch. Will be more assertive in future!
Old Aug 13, 19, 2:35 am

Programs: LH Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles View Post
Never quite worked out of the a la carte offering is included for Diamonds as have been to some properties where it definitely isn't.

That said unless you go to breakfast really late it is a huge restaurant and there are always alternative spaces. I tell the staff where I am going to sit (always wherever I am not just this property), so this situation would simply never arise for me.

I never wait for the staff to give me beverages as I always prefer to make my own. There are 2 decent coffee machines (for all Italian coffee types) at the back of the room straight up from the entrance and also a wide variety of teas and boiling hot water. It is rare that a hotel makes tea or coffee as I like it so I am always happy to get my own and it generally is quicker too.
Bankside has small tokens which it laces on the tables - light blue for gold and dark blue for diamond. Golds get free buffet breakfast. Diamonds also get free a la carte, or a mixture of the two, if they wish.
Old Aug 13, 19, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bankside has small tokens which it laces on the tables - light blue for gold and dark blue for diamond. Golds get free buffet breakfast. Diamonds also get free a la carte, or a mixture of the two, if they wish.
Is this new? I haven't stayed for a couple of months but have never seen this in a year of prior stays.
Old Aug 13, 19, 4:10 am
NoY

Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat
This must be really new - because in Mid-July, when I was there, there were no tokens in evidence.
Old Aug 13, 19, 11:41 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Good to know, Iíll probably be here Bank Holiday weekend.
Does anyone know whatís on the menu?
Old Aug 13, 19, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by NoY View Post
This must be really new - because in Mid-July, when I was there, there were no tokens in evidence.

We were there end of June and they had the tokens. Dark blue for Diamond. They had them at the host stand. Each day we checked in for breakfast at the host stand. We gave them our room number or name and they grabbed a Diamond chip to place on the table then sat us. Our server saw the chip, and took care of everything straight away. We never saw a bill.

Our first two days the service was fab! We were there around 8-9 am. Third day we were there a little after 10:00 and they were rushed. Not bad, just rushed.

We had choice of buffet, ala carte, or both.

I donít recall the coffee machine, as I ordered tea from our server.

I did however try Marmite for the first time! New fave.

Going back soon with my mom. Looking forward to lounge, and their breakfast!
Old Aug 13, 19, 7:51 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by HardToConcentrate View Post

We were there end of June and they had the tokens. Dark blue for Diamond. They had them at the host stand. Each day we checked in for breakfast at the host stand. We gave them our room number or name and they grabbed a Diamond chip to place on the table then sat us. Our server saw the chip, and took care of everything straight away. We never saw a bill.

Our first two days the service was fab! We were there around 8-9 am. Third day we were there a little after 10:00 and they were rushed. Not bad, just rushed.

We had choice of buffet, ala carte, or both.

I donít recall the coffee machine, as I ordered tea from our server.

I did however try Marmite for the first time! New fave.

Going back soon with my mom. Looking forward to lounge, and their breakfast!
Interesting. Will look out for this next time, mind you, service was excellent anyway ^
HardToConcentrate likes this.
Old Aug 20, 19, 9:15 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, HHonors Diamond, SPG Preferred Plus & Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend View Post
Good to know, I’ll probably be here Bank Holiday weekend.
Does anyone know what’s on the menu?
We were there last week.

This is the same menu we were offered at breakfast as a Diamond.

https://www.oxbobankside.co.uk/menus?id=502702
geo1005 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 19, 11:45 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Thanks, some serious prices for pancakes ect. Iím always perfectly happy with the buffet and especially the hot food/eggs options and I enjoy chatting to the chefs.
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:18 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, HHonors Diamond, SPG Preferred Plus & Marriott Silver
Just to clarify everything on that menu was complimentary for diamonds.

The poached eggs with avocado were great.
geo1005, wizla, MoodyB and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: