Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Old Mar 23, 19, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by mjbdiamond View Post
You will get breakfast as a diamond no matter what you book.

The hotel also has a vegan suite, depending on budget/tastes could be of interest?
The vegan suite is perfect for Beyonce and Jay z budget I will send an email, maybe we will get lucky.
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:13 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-S; HH-D
Originally Posted by cutnana View Post
Just to make sure, if I book without breakfast, as Diamond we will get breakfast, right? ...

...I am attracted to CW price and TB lounge balcony...

... we would like to eat at tidbits...
Originally Posted by mjbdiamond View Post
You will get breakfast as a diamond no matter what you book...
Just to quickly re-iterate - definitely, yes, breakfast is included for diamonds (both in the restaurant and obviously, the lounge)

And also to point out that if you are keen on TB - and it ends up winning on price for your dates - it is only a 15 minute walk from tibits. As an aside, I had dinner in Tibits on Thursday (... an almost weekly event over the past month) and really love it even though I'm normally a keen meat-eater. With relatively cheap pricing and lots of nice details, right down to vegan cream for dessert, it is well worth a visit.
cutnana likes this.
Old Mar 24, 19, 4:25 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader View Post
Just to quickly re-iterate - definitely, yes, breakfast is included for diamonds (both in the restaurant and obviously, the lounge)

And also to point out that if you are keen on TB - and it ends up winning on price for your dates - it is only a 15 minute walk from tibits. As an aside, I had dinner in Tibits on Thursday (... an almost weekly event over the past month) and really love it even though I'm normally a keen meat-eater. With relatively cheap pricing and lots of nice details, right down to vegan cream for dessert, it is well worth a visit.
Yes you really must visit tibits!......I too am a meat eater and follow a mainly paleo diet but tibits is simply amazing, itís now become my second favourite restaurant in London, I eat there whenever Iím in town and yes you will certainly get breakfast as a diamond in lounge or restaurant.......I would choose the restaurant but try the honey nut granola...........WOW!
Old Mar 24, 19, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by residentx View Post
I am diamond, but they have been very generous with upgrades here for me - well above the 1 cat. Another stay here on the 22nd, 25th and 27th so I will report back.
We seem to have similar stay patterns lol

I was there on Friday upgraded to one bed suite from deluxe king, back on the 25th. I have been treated very well at this property but think that is because I am a frequent guest as much as a Diamond. For one stay once in a blue moon I would not expect wonders here but I would say that all the rooms up to the Junior suites are fundamentally the same and much better than any non suite room say at nearby TB where the rooms are smaller and less well designed.
Old Mar 28, 19, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles View Post
We seem to have similar stay patterns lol

I was there on Friday upgraded to one bed suite from deluxe king, back on the 25th. I have been treated very well at this property but think that is because I am a frequent guest as much as a Diamond. For one stay once in a blue moon I would not expect wonders here but I would say that all the rooms up to the Junior suites are fundamentally the same and much better than any non suite room say at nearby TB where the rooms are smaller and less well designed.
Junior suite for me today, as with all the past stays since my suite upgrade. I could've had a suite today at noon but I wanted a room at 10am, so was MORE than happy with a junior. Then made my way into lounge and just this second witnessed why this is one of the best Hiltons in the UK. A guy comes into the lounge at 11.24, asks for breakfast (which obviously finished some time ago), 5 minutes later a parade of pastries, fruits and yogurts have been brought to him.

Great service, great rooms and a nice vibe. Stay here.
NoY, wizla and MoodyB like this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by residentx View Post
Junior suite for me today, as with all the past stays since my suite upgrade. I could've had a suite today at noon but I wanted a room at 10am, so was MORE than happy with a junior. Then made my way into lounge and just this second witnessed why this is one of the best Hiltons in the UK. A guy comes into the lounge at 11.24, asks for breakfast (which obviously finished some time ago), 5 minutes later a parade of pastries, fruits and yogurts have been brought to him.

Great service, great rooms and a nice vibe. Stay here.
I had an Exec room until I checked out yesterday. That was a very odd room design and a first for me at Bankside and I don't think a terribly good use of space, which would have made a much better Junior suite type layout. I have never had a Junior suite but have had many suite upgrades of various types. Arriving later in the week definitely seems to pay dividends.

I was quite annoyed on Tuesday night though as there was an unannounced closure of the entire Distillery bar for a PWC function. I don't think it is terribly fair to close an entire outlet like this with no warning and offering the Distillery Menu in OXBO misses the point a bit, I tend to find OXBO lacks any real atmosphere in the evening whereas Distillery has a better layout, and a far nicer vibe.

I always have breakfast in OXBO rather than the lounge.
Old Mar 31, 19, 12:46 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Just finished a weekís stay here, upgraded to a deluxe king, nothing to write home about, small dark room with an amazing shower.
I canít help but be dissapointed. The positive, staff are still amazing, manager and concierge were welcoming me back with hugs and kisses 😀 I havenít been here since October and canít help but feeling a serious cut back in quality of food.
What happened to the lovely afternoon tea? Mini, and I mean mini cakes. On the first day, there werenít any expresso cups in the lounge, I asked one - got one immediately from the kitchen - but there was still crŤme brulťe stuck at the bottom. Strange thing is, I havenít seen crŤme brulťe appear all week!! Just tasteless cheap mini cupcakes, tasteless cheesecakes in various colours.

The evening offerings have been pretty poor as well, the quality has really dropped, those lovely cold prawns are now much smaller and badly cleaned. Iíve seen mini sausages on 2 nights, sausage rolls on 2 nights, fish fingers, samosas, fried onion baghee, fried gyoza, meatballs and a vegetable bake. Bread&butter pudding from leftover croissants also appeared a few times. Canít say I enjoyed any of it.
on the plus side, the lounge finally has a great manager again, guy used to work at Oxbo. Very friendly other staff as wel.

Breakfast has been pretty awful, it felt like sitting in a noisy cantine in Chengdu all week. Staff overworked from cleaning up and food couldnít be restocked fast enough. I had to settle for toast and some eggs just because the rest had all gone by 8.30/9. Pastries have changed as well since I was last here.

Itís a mixed feeling I have, I still love
the place, but it hasnít exactly been an amazing week either, the food especially let it down. I was never offered a suite, perhaps because I stayed too long. Will
return if I can get a good rate though, but with lower expectations.
treppenlaeufer and wizla like this.
Old Mar 31, 19, 2:31 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend View Post
Just finished a weekís stay here, upgraded to a deluxe king, nothing to write home about, small dark room with an amazing shower.
I canít help but be dissapointed. The positive, staff are still amazing, manager and concierge were welcoming me back with hugs and kisses 😀 I havenít been here since October and canít help but feeling a serious cut back in quality of food.
What happened to the lovely afternoon tea? Mini, and I mean mini cakes. On the first day, there werenít any expresso cups in the lounge, I asked one - got one immediately from the kitchen - but there was still crŤme brulťe stuck at the bottom. Strange thing is, I havenít seen crŤme brulťe appear all week!! Just tasteless cheap mini cupcakes, tasteless cheesecakes in various colours.

The evening offerings have been pretty poor as well, the quality has really dropped, those lovely cold prawns are now much smaller and badly cleaned. Iíve seen mini sausages on 2 nights, sausage rolls on 2 nights, fish fingers, samosas, fried onion baghee, fried gyoza, meatballs and a vegetable bake. Bread&butter pudding from leftover croissants also appeared a few times. Canít say I enjoyed any of it.
on the plus side, the lounge finally has a great manager again, guy used to work at Oxbo. Very friendly other staff as wel.

Breakfast has been pretty awful, it felt like sitting in a noisy cantine in Chengdu all week. Staff overworked from cleaning up and food couldnít be restocked fast enough. I had to settle for toast and some eggs just because the rest had all gone by 8.30/9. Pastries have changed as well since I was last here.

Itís a mixed feeling I have, I still love
the place, but it hasnít exactly been an amazing week either, the food especially let it down. I was never offered a suite, perhaps because I stayed too long. Will
return if I can get a good rate though, but with lower expectations.
Thanks for your report. I am making my first visit here in june, booked executive room. Feeling a bit worried now though, I had high expectations. It's a shame when they drop standards like this, because eventually it will catch up with them and people will book elsewhere. Well I will.
Old Mar 31, 19, 3:22 am

Forgot to mention some staff at breakfast have a serious attitude problem, first I heard him complaining to a collegue that he didnít have a single weekend off for 9 months, walking around sulky then to top it off he wanted to remove my plate of food which I just got from the kitchen, when I said Iím going to eat that he pulled a face like ďare you going to eat that rubbish?Ē and shrugged his shoulders.
Not a pleasant start to the morning I can tell you.

To DAX; just donít think youíre going to heaven, keep expectations realistic and youíll be fine.
Old Mar 31, 19, 5:43 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Forgot to mention some staff at breakfast have a serious attitude problem, first I heard him complaining to a collegue that he didnít have a single weekend off for 9 months, walking around sulky then to top it off he wanted to remove my plate of food which I just got from the kitchen, when I said Iím going to eat that he pulled a face like ďare you going to eat that rubbish?Ē and shrugged his shoulders.
Not a pleasant start to the morning I can tell you.

To DAX; just donít think youíre going to heaven, keep expectations realistic and youíll be fine.
sorry to hear that things have gone downhill- the lounge and breakfasts were the highlight of the property for me. Hopefully itís just a temporary downgrade and theyíll go back to the former high standard (and maybe the staff will get some vacation time).
Old Mar 31, 19, 5:49 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum
Staying here every once so often I have often been willing to pay a good premium for my stays here vs other London Hiltons. Since 2018 I have become less willing though to pay that extra - for all of the reasons described above.
Winniesbestfriend likes this.
Old Mar 31, 19, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just don't recognise the picture that is being painted here. To be fair I only started staying in mid 2018 but both breakfast (in OXBO) and the lounge offering are far better than any other Hilton in London including both the Conrad and Hilton Park Lane.

Its a shame if things were previously even better but this is a good property, with basic rooms better than top end rooms in many other Hilton properties.
Old Mar 31, 19, 12:09 pm

I didnít say it was a bad property and I agree itís argumently the best Hilton in London- which isnít hard.
I am compairing this stay to my last in October and I see food standards slipping. I feel I can make a judgement after a 7 night stay, I saw a lot of food being repeated and fried fried fried, if thatís your thing - happy days.
NoY and treppenlaeufer like this.
Old Mar 31, 19, 1:14 pm

This isn't as sassy as it reads but, do you have a better mid range hotel in London? I've tried and the Conrad/Bankside smash it compared to others. I'd be up for a change though.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 31, 19, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didnít say it was a bad property and I agree itís argumently the best Hilton in London- which isnít hard.
I am compairing this stay to my last in October and I see food standards slipping. I feel I can make a judgement after a 7 night stay, I saw a lot of food being repeated and fried fried fried, if thatís your thing - happy days.
I stayed circa 12 nights in October and I don't really see the difference now, the hot food has almost always been of the fried variety (bhajis, gyoza, buttermilk chicken, chicken wings, croquettes etc.). There are also plenty of alternatives, I have spent much of my time here low carb dieting and there is always an extensive selection of cold meats, smoked salmon, cruditťs and dips in the evening lounge hours. I have perhaps done circa 30 nights in total here and it is my go to Hilton property for London nights.

Not sure why anyone would choose to eat breakfast in the lounge either.
treppenlaeufer and MoodyB like this.

Search this Thread