Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Old Feb 23, 19, 9:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Had three rooms for 2 nights last weekend. 2 twin, 1 king. I had chosen rooms the night before, without upgrade through olci (all on first floor). At check in all were upgraded from base to deluxe (2 rooms on the 1st floor, 1 on the 7th). The website showed no availability for the nights, so must have been a full house. We arrived around 12pm and they were able to hold our bags for us. They had 1 room ready and let us into the Executive Lounge to rest up (we had arrived at the airport around 9:30am, not able to sleep on the plane, we were all feeling quite tired). Received a text saying the second room was ready around 1:40pm. Half the party slept, half decided to walk around the neighborhood. Didn't receive a notification for the third room, but the front desk had told a member of our party that it was the room next to theirs. Received grapes each day. Each time we walked past the front desk we were greeted by multiple staff, which was a nice touch. Did not have any issue with the staff in the Executive Lounge, although some of our party is a bit outgoing/engaging and likes to start up conversations.

Each member of our party was impressed by the beds and showers. And even though we were on the first floor facing out, there was no issue with noise. Didn't use the gym, but took a look around. Was nice to see they had a rowing machine.

Had breakfast at the Executive Lounge (at check in they mentioned the diamond benefit for the lounge breakfast, but did not mention the restaurant as an option). Enjoyed everything, although was not in the area to try the afternoon tea or any evening offerings.
Old Feb 23, 19, 1:21 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
@ DCF - I done exactly that, however with the other pots of yogurt and found them to be nearly as good as looselys yogurt, i also planned to finish with a cuppachino and almond croissant but that’s to much sugar for me after a big bowl of granola, I was even too full to have any hot food!..haha.

@ Gentle giant - it’s doable it may take a while in rush hour traffic.

@ ocprodigy - yes!.....I forgot to mention that, I did sample a very little Amount it was delicious.

@ land of miles - i think so, last night I done resistance work so didn’t notice but this morning I was on the treadmill next to them and I’m sure at some point they were both in use.

@ 77pat - yep I used the rowing machine last night as a warm up, works fine!

Slept very well, bed is huge and comfy, popped down to lounge to grab a take away coffee ( cups at back of machine ) lounge empty, I later used the gym again to burn some calories for the big bowl of granola I was planning to eat!.....gym was fairly busy.......I also had a swim too , just myself and another guy....peaceful!.

BREAKFAST - I love breakfast here, that said I was so full after the granola I didn’t even attempt the hot food, however it did look very nice......Bankside has probably the best selection of pastries of all the London Hilton’s, it really is that good.....the coffee in the restaurant is good too as it’s the same machine as in the lounge
The pink grapefruit juice is very good!.......I must also mention the service was very attentive.

I checked out at 10-30am, again it was almost as if the concierge was waiting for me as I came out of the lift, my case is taken and my car is returned within the time it’s taken me to check out.....I was done within 5mins, super service!......even the London traffic was on my side.

CONCLUSION - Great stay, yes some small cutbacks and the male lounge dragon was lazy and unprofessional....... apart from that it’s a solid choice! ....I will return.

ROOM NO - 430

NEXY PLANNED STAY -Hilton Sheffield ( 2-3-19 )
MoodyB likes this.

Last edited by wizla; Feb 23, 19 at 1:29 pm Reason: Additional information added
Old Feb 23, 19, 2:20 pm

A few photos-
Attached Images      
MoodyB likes this.
Old Feb 23, 19, 3:11 pm

CHEEKY CONFESSION- I’m now home and this is my kitchen but Remember that take away coffee I told you all I got from the lounge this morning ( wink, wink )
Attached Images  
chrism20 and MoodyB like this.
Old Feb 24, 19, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by wizla View Post
Nice!...... I got an executive suite upgrade last April, very impressive!...... if you are in the lounge tonight feel free to come and say hello....... shaven head, trimed goatee, black carhatt shirt.

The gym here is quite impressive, very quiet only myself and one other guy, pool is nice too, albeit a little noisy as itís half term, no sauna but there is a pool fed jacuzzi.
Now back in room preparing for tonightís executive lounge experience.......will report back!
Apologies I only just connected back up with this, I skipped the lounge due to dinner at Zelmans in Soho.

The rest of the stay was great, friendly staff and the usual breakfast spread. Will be there again next Thursday and Tower Bridge DT Friday.
Old Feb 24, 19, 9:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond and lots more....
No upgrades, despite various suites available

Apparently they are all booked and the system is wrong.

Given that others have said the same I suspect that they are telling porky pies!

Still I'm on my own so it is what it is. However I don't like being lied to.

​​​​​
hugolover and MoodyB like this.
Old Feb 24, 19, 10:35 am

I guess you're either premium or you're not .
Old Feb 24, 19, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
No upgrades, despite various suites available

Apparently they are all booked and the system is wrong.

Given that others have said the same I suspect that they are telling porky pies!

Still I'm on my own so it is what it is. However I don't like being lied to.

​​​​​
I guess they do pre-allocate rooms so there is a domino effect if they start switching allocations. My guess is that a fairly large number of guests here are Diamond. They definitely look after frequent guests better.
Old Feb 24, 19, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles View Post
I guess they do pre-allocate rooms so there is a domino effect if they start switching allocations. My guess is that a fairly large number of guests here are Diamond. They definitely look after frequent guests better.
Yes Iím beginning to think the same, whilst no complaints I only got a one cat upgrade and Iím not a regular here.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 2:17 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Yes Iím beginning to think the same, whilst no complaints I only got a one cat upgrade and Iím not a regular here.
I think I only got a one cat upgrade on my last stay...I think I may have had the same room as yourself in fact!
To be fair, I did get a decent price, but still...
Old Feb 25, 19, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by MoodyB View Post
I think I only got a one cat upgrade on my last stay...I think I may have had the same room as yourself in fact!
To be fair, I did get a decent price, but still...
Yep, me too I paid £128 on a public sector rate so value for money is there but still canít help but feel mildly disappointed .
I also got chatting to the concierge when I popped outside during happy hour, he told me hotel was not busy.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 4:43 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Yep, me too I paid £128 on a public sector rate so value for money is there but still canít help but feel mildly disappointed .
I also got chatting to the concierge when I popped outside during happy hour, he told me hotel was not busy.
Oh, that is a cheeky rate, well done!
I still like Bankside regardless...My other half particularly likes the musky perfume when you walk in from outside...
Old Feb 25, 19, 4:46 am

I paid £156 in the sale just after Christmas - is £25 the cost of the upgrade?!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by MoodyB View Post
Oh, that is a cheeky rate, well done!
I still like Bankside regardless...My other half particularly likes the musky perfume when you walk in from outside...
Ha, yeah my lady too commented on the fragrance in reception , loved it...... if she is traveling with me ( she Works in the public sector) I sometimes rebook at that rate the night before ( if no decent upgrade ) .
MoodyB likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by residentx View Post
I paid £156 in the sale just after Christmas - is £25 the cost of the upgrade?!
Haha, who knows?...... but if they offered me a suite upgrade @ £25 i probably would have taken it.
I originally had it booked at £145 + 10k points but switched to code at 11pm the night before and cancelled original.
MoodyB likes this.

Search this Thread