Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2024, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Thanks for the reviews!

Do they give/sell Fox plushies at the hotel?
thanks!
When I mentioned I liked the hidden foxes everywhere, they gave me the kids activity map which looks really fun - even for adults

I didn't see any fox plushies, however, either for sale or given out.
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:19 pm

I received an email that they have to cancel my penthouse reservation as the hotel will be under construction for the next 12 months. They offered me a king suite "for Ł300, per night" (quoted from email) and when I accepted this rate, they indicated they meant Ł600 per night for an under 50 sqm room which is absurd at this property. In the end, no compensation offered for my reservation which was made one full year in advance!

Good luck to anyone who is going to stay here through the construction (which I do not see listed on their website anywhere!)
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by miadeals
I received an email that they have to cancel my penthouse reservation as the hotel will be under construction for the next 12 months.
The building is fairly modern....seems weird to do construction for a whole year.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:16 pm

I received an email that they have to cancel my penthouse reservation as the hotel will be under construction for the next 12 months. They offered me a king suite "for Ł300, per night" (quoted from email) and when I accepted this rate, they indicated they meant Ł600 per night for an under 50 sqm room which is absurd at this property. In the end, no compensation offered for my reservation which was made one full year in advance!

Good luck to anyone who is going to stay here through the construction (which I do not see listed on their website anywhere!)
call hilton and tell them you want to be transferred to another hotel's penthouse suite and let bankside pay for it. The downgrade is unacceptable and then they reneg on the price. I'd go hard at them on this one.
teemuflyer and wizla like this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
The building is fairly modern....seems weird to do construction for a whole year.
When we previously stayed in the penthouse suite in 2022, I remarked to my wife that the finishes were the best I have ever seen in any hotel room in my life (I am an engineer and pay particular attention to these things.) The grout lines (for example) were impeccable, and in my estimation the hotel room had many years of life left. I was shocked to receive the email, and am wondering why there is no notice on their website when you are booking other rooms that there will be construction on the hotel for the next year...

Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:55 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Wow that's poor English. Did their spell-check not work? That's really unprofessional.

How much had you originally booked the suite for? Because this could be interpreted as Ł300 per night or simply as a reduction of Ł300 per night...
Winniesbestfriend likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:55 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
They're adding extra rooms to go higher. This work has been going on for a least a year now but they are only allowed to work between 10am and 3pm to minimise the noise on the guests. It also makes the restaurant area very dark, as the main site entrance is at that side of the hotel.

I have to say, the spelling and grammar in that email is shocking!
the810 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by andimilk
Wow that's poor English. Did their spell-check not work? That's really unprofessional.

How much had you originally booked the suite for? Because this could be interpreted as Ł300 per night or simply as a reduction of Ł300 per night...
900GBP, and due to the meaning of the word “for” I considered the offer for a couple days, assuming they were providing a little compensation for their error - and its not like 300GBP is some amazing price for a 46sqm room. When I said to book it refundable at that rate all inclusive of taxes (my email was precise, so there was no uncertainty or miscommunication), she did not immediately email me back - instead she booked it for twice as much (non-refundable!) and only then emailed me to say she meant “by” not “for.” The whole situation is absurd and their conduct is appalling. Of course this is all by email so the evidence is clear as to what they did. In any case, I could book the other room for 600GBP at any time I want (though I never would in a hundred years). It is absurd that is what they are “offering” as compensation for their mistake.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by RetiringSoon
They're adding extra rooms to go higher. This work has been going on for a least a year now but they are only allowed to work between 10am and 3pm to minimise the noise on the guests. It also makes the restaurant area very dark, as the main site entrance is at that side of the hotel.

I have to say, the spelling and grammar in that email is shocking!
I have had this reservation since August 2023 and at no point (until the email a few days ago) did they ever indicate there would be construction at the hotel. Insane. I still do not see any warning on their website.

Last edited by miadeals; Mar 12, 2024 at 9:24 am
Old Mar 12, 2024, 9:39 am

I have had this reservation since August 2023 and at no point (until the email a few days ago) did they ever indicate there would be construction at the hotel. Insane. I still do not see any warning on their website.
As I mentioned, take this to Hilton and let them deal with it at that level. Don't touch your reservation or deal with the hotel directly any further.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
As I mentioned, take this to Hilton and let them deal with it at that level. Don't touch your reservation or deal with the hotel directly any further.
I talked to Hilton and I guess they called the hotel, the GM emailed me and tried to give me the room they originally offered, again. So back to Hilton we go.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:45 pm

I talked to Hilton and I guess they called the hotel, the GM emailed me and tried to give me the room they originally offered, again. So back to Hilton we go.
I would suggest offering a specific resolution to Hilton that would satisfy you.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:41 am

Guests should also be aware that as part of the construction some rooms on the right side of the building have frosted manifestation applied to the windows, meaning that any view you may've had from the hotel are now blocked.

My last two stays last week and the week before I've been 'upgraded' to a 'Deluxe King' from a 'Deluxe King'.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by residentx
any view you may've had from the hotel
As I recall any such views were meh

Up Park Lane!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by residentx
Guests should also be aware that as part of the construction some rooms on the right side of the building have frosted manifestation applied to the windows, meaning that any view you may've had from the hotel are now blocked.

My last two stays last week and the week before I've been 'upgraded' to a 'Deluxe King' from a 'Deluxe King'.
Construction? What construction? The GM informs me they are not currently doing "construction" and in fact are in "the final stages of enabling works" which is most definitely not construction, even though there are construction workers on-site "enabling" said "works."

hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.