Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
£149. I think I could’ve got the conrad for £180. I don’t remember what this went for before Covid but I have a feeling rates will creep up pretty quickly once business travel comes back.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
£149. I think I could’ve got the conrad for £180. I don’t remember what this went for before Covid but I have a feeling rates will creep up pretty quickly once business travel comes back.
Many prefer the Conrad but my choice would be be Bankside, the lounge offerings are better and the pool wins it for me….yes the Conrad is more shall we say exclusive and high end but I feel that Bankside offers better value whilst still maintaining a great level of service.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:46 am

Hi, is there any special event happening in / around Southbank in early June (June 6 onwards). Rates look really high at the Hilton Bankside on those dates, at least compared to other Hilton properties in other parts of the city.

Last edited by Mister P.; Mar 3, 2022 at 4:43 am
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi, is there any special event happening in / around Southbank in early June (June 6 onwards). Rates look really high at the Hilton Bankside on those dates, at least compared to other Hilton properties in other parts of the city.
Queen's Platinum Jubilee is then, maybe that?
The _Banking_Scot and wizla like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Many prefer the Conrad but my choice would be be Bankside, the lounge offerings are better and the pool wins it for me….yes the Conrad is more shall we say exclusive and high end but I feel that Bankside offers better value whilst still maintaining a great level of service.
Why do you think Conrad is more exclusive and high end? Is it because of the location. Bankside is in a safe neighborhood, right? I have been looking for a hotel for a possible upcoming trip. Beside Bankside, I only found Marriott County Hall that have room that suit my need. Maybe the hotels don't list all the available rooms the website.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Why do you think Conrad is more exclusive and high end? Is it because of the location. Bankside is in a safe neighborhood, right? I have been looking for a hotel for a possible upcoming trip. Beside Bankside, I only found Marriott County Hall that have room that suit my need. Maybe the hotels don't list all the available rooms the website.
Its just the pecking order, Conrad is supposed to be the best isn’t it, high end toiletries in rooms , posh canapés in the executive lounge, etc……. As for location yes the Conrad is more centrally located but I would consider Bankside to be in a safe area too .
A few years back I deliberately stayed one night at Bankside and the next night at the Conrad, I used all the facilities to compare even the valet parking, I definitely preferred Bankside.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Its just the pecking order, Conrad is supposed to be the best isn’t it, high end toiletries in rooms , posh canapés in the executive lounge, etc……. As for location yes the Conrad is more centrally located but I would consider Bankside to be in a safe area too .
A few years back I deliberately stayed one night at Bankside and the next night at the Conrad, I used all the facilities to compare even the valet parking, I definitely preferred Bankside.
Conrad is indeed considered a higher level brand in the Hilton hierarchy, usually has more seasoned staff, including with the concierge services and the like. But the "highest" brand in their ladder is Waldorf Astoria (not to be confused with the Waldorf Hilton in London). They are supposed to open one in London this year... we'll see.. From https://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/...astoria-london

"Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts announced that the company has been appointed by Prime Investors Capital Ltd to operate the luxury hotel within London’s Admiralty Arch. Following an extensive on-going refurbishment program, the Admiralty Arch Waldorf Astoria, London is set to open in 2022. "
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:35 pm

I just found out Conrad also has a room that suits my need. They just took it off the market during the pandemic.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:48 pm

I just found out Conrad also has a room that suits my need. They just took it off the market during the pandemic.
Hey that’s good…..problem solved.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:04 am

Hi, does anyone have the email address for the Hilton London Bankside? Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:53 am

[email protected]
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:17 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
OT very much. Next Xmas in London 23. to 26.12.2022. Which accommodation to choose? One unlondoned guest with me. Thank You.

No one?

Last edited by TTL; Apr 27, 2022 at 2:11 am
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:24 pm

Off-topic:
We (hope) to attend the Ceremony of Keys at the Tower of London on a Wednesday night. It ends at 22:05.
The walk back to Hilton Bankside is 1.3 miles per Google maps. We really don't have a problem with walking that, but it will be dark. Any thoughts on how advisable this is, walking at night like that? Public transportation doesn't appear to save a lot of walking. Taxi for 1.3 miles feels rude (disclaimer, I live in Southern US, with no public transport or frequent Taxi use).
Thoughts?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie9
Off-topic:
We (hope) to attend the Ceremony of Keys at the Tower of London on a Wednesday night. It ends at 22:05.
The walk back to Hilton Bankside is 1.3 miles per Google maps. We really don't have a problem with walking that, but it will be dark. Any thoughts on how advisable this is, walking at night like that? Public transportation doesn't appear to save a lot of walking. Taxi for 1.3 miles feels rude (disclaimer, I live in Southern US, with no public transport or frequent Taxi use).
Thoughts?
The walk over the bridge at that time will be fine, but I wouldn’t rule out an Uber. They won’t mind that distance.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

I have walked from the tower ( over tower bridge) back to the Bankside at around 2200 and it was perfectly fine ( take the usual precautions) as the Thames side is quite happening.
When arecyou going as ut might nit be completely dark by then during the summer
Regards

Tbs
Charlie9 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.