Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
I’ll be here in 8 days time, quite looking forward to it. The only thing that’s dissapointing is that diamonds can’t have breakfast in Oxbo anymore. Will try to copy Wizla’s style of reporting 😂
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi.

Of course I think from sn earlier post you can get items from oxbo whilst hsving breakfast in the lounge.
looking forward to a report in due course

Regards
tbs
I haven't stayed here since early 2020 - so won't pretend that I know the current position... but I've never been denied a restaurant breakfast when requested (in lieu of EL, despite having booked room only rate). So, if you want to go to oxbo, it's worth asking.

To clarify the oxbo breakfast items availability in EL mentioned by tbs - I usually take breakfast in the EL, but often ask for something from the kitchen that is on offer in oxbo. For me, that's typically a cooked item such as an omelette, pancakes, poached/fried eggs etc rather than random buffet items. The EL staff have always obliged - so while I sometimes like to take breakfast in oxbo for a change of scene, I don't feel hard done by with a EL breakfast.

One more point - I have never noticed a door permitting guests access between the lounge and oxbo. So I think that you can't wander into the oxbo buffet and help yourself. EL staff get the stuff you ask them for by going in via the kitchen area to the rear of both the EL and oxbo

Hope you have a great stay - and enjoy the top quality breakfast!
The _Banking_Scot, TTL and wizla like this.

Last edited by diamond club freeloader; Oct 3, 2021 at 3:33 pm
Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I don't know if I'm completely naive here, but I stayed a week or so ago and just walked into the main restaurant for breakfast, not thinking anything of it. I was admitted without comment and not charged any extra, on a standard points booking for the deluxe plus meeting room option. Is it really the case that this hotel limits Diamonds to the EL for breakfast?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
I’ll be here in 8 days time, quite looking forward to it. The only thing that’s dissapointing is that diamonds can’t have breakfast in Oxbo anymore. Will try to copy Wizla’s style of reporting 😂
certainly not the case for me last week.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:06 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by residentx
certainly not the case for me last week.
What was so horrible in this Hilton? Having stayed there right since the opening - being addressed by my very lengthy last name ever since, I can not recall as reality any of the accusations You or Vgravity have made. Mirror? Every time impeccable service and friendliness!

Regarding OXBO, I preferred to stay in the lounge for breakfast anyhow. And ordered the eggs and bacon to be served. So much nicer and tranquil there. People make so much fuzz nowadays for nothing... (OT such as not finding petrol )

Last edited by TTL; Oct 4, 2021 at 2:14 am Reason: Post-Covid
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by TTL
What was so horrible in this Hilton? Having stayed there right since the opening - being addressed by my very lengthy last name ever since, I can not recall as reality any of the accusations You or Vgravity have made. Mirror? Every time impeccable service and friendliness!

Regarding OXBO, I preferred to stay in the lounge for breakfast anyhow. And ordered the eggs and bacon to be served. So much nicer and tranquil there. People make so much fuzz nowadays for nothing... (OT such as not finding petrol )
I haven't made any accusations, other than positive feedback on this hotel. My reply was stating that last week I could have breakfast in Oxbo as a Diamond.
TTL likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 3:54 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by residentx
I haven't made any accusations, other than positive feedback on this hotel. My reply was stating that last week I could have breakfast in Oxbo as a Diamond.
Plastic or Real?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by TTL
Plastic or Real?
Real, in the UK you can't manage to get anything above Gold without being an property magnate with a credit card.
sunshinebob likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:43 am

Are there any particularly good non-suite rooms here? The x54 series potentially look like nice corner rooms.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Oddly enough I had 454 which had a nice view over to the Shard.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
WADR that is a cluttered view to the Shard, vs a nice one. This highlights my rub with this place. No views and meh location. For me Park Lane- finally back next month.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
WADR that is a cluttered view to the Shard, vs a nice one. This highlights my rub with this place. No views and meh location. For me Park Lane- finally back next month.
I mean how much time do you spend looking out the window of your hotel room in London?!

I get wanting a view + balcony for somewhere like Honolulu, but the likes of London, Paris, NYC; I want to be out and about in the city enjoying all they have to offer!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul

In all seriousness what are you expecting to see? It was one of the better views from what I understand.
tango_echo likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Oddly enough I had 454 which had a nice view over to the Shard.
That does look rather nice. All I can see from my suite is a strange, irregularly shaped, building that doesn't seem to have a name! Was 454 nicer for being a corner room? The upgrade gods smiled on me when I checked in yesterday but it would be nice to know for reference.

Re: breakfast as commented on upthread, I was again admitted to the main restaurant, on a points booking. So it does seem to be included for diamonds. The Cumberland sausages are excellent (I might have had three)!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi
it is a nicer view than many other Bankside rooms. My stay in July was in 758 with a courtyard views
but I think we do not book the Bankside expecting great views in any case

The park lane does offer the best views esp on higher floors imho.

Regards

Tbs
Old Oct 8, 2021, 3:25 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
The worst views here are the internal courtyard views where you are just looking at other hotel room windows. I actually love the architecture in the bankside area - there's a great mix of dilapidated old, gentrified old and super modern - so any external view is fine with me. I also however love watching life go on in different cities, but this Hotel is in a really quiet part of London so it's never super exciting. Of course the quietness of the area is for some people a massive plus point!

As has been said many times on this thread and the Hilton forum, Park Lane is much better for views but that's not where Bankside shines. It's worth noting that despite the hotel having 7 floors, the 'penthouse' suite is actually on the 4th floor so even that doesn't have particularly great views!
wizla likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.