Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Mobile (iOS) Site/Captcha

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Portolan
Look, I agree this renders the mobile app essentially useless, but don't quote US law without a little research:

Section508 Laws

In 1998, Congress amended the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 to require Federal agencies to make their electronic and information technology (EIT) accessible to people with disabilities. Inaccessible technology interferes with an ability to obtain and use information quickly and easily. Section 508 was enacted to eliminate barriers in information technology, open new opportunities for people with disabilities, and encourage development of technologies that will help achieve these goals. The law applies to all Federal agencies when they develop, procure, maintain, or use electronic and information technology. Under Section 508 (29 U.S.C. ‘794 d), agencies must give disabled employees and members of the public access to information that is comparable to access available to others. It is recommended that you review the laws and regulations listed below to further your understanding about Section 508 and how you can support implementation.
Did you notice the icon doesn't have a VOICE prompt like the desktop version... I completely gave up after over 40 tries and called HHonors customer service.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by lindros2
Thank you for confirming multiple platforms. I wasn't able to do this...
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by kawoh
Did you notice the icon doesn't have a VOICE prompt like the desktop version... I completely gave up after over 40 tries and called HHonors customer service.
+1

Thank you.

Offshore "Hilton Customer Service" transferred me to something.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:54 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
There's an update of the iOS app today. Did it fix the problem?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by cblaisd
There's an update of the iOS app today. Did it fix the problem?
I (we) wasn't (weren't) using the app.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:30 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

My bad. I misunderstood.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
My bad. I misunderstood.
The HHonors app on an iOS device does not require the Captcha. It is the mobile full internet version on an iOS device that is requiring the Captcha.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:21 pm

Yes. As I said, I misunderstood.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
This stops awardwallet from working too
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Yes. As I said, I misunderstood.
Sorry.

I wasn't trying to ridicule. I just wanted to let other readers know the difference. Many times we read iOS and immediately think of an iPhone app. That's all.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Me too

This nonsense has been going on for a few weeks. I'm using a mobile browser on a Windows 7.5 phone. Admittedly, not exactly SOTA for mobile device access, but it still should work. I refreshed at least 10 times and found the thing useless. The Diamond Desk person actually told me the two Captcha words are necessary for security. Nobody uses two words. It's so secure I can't read even one of the words. My time is too valuable to waste any more of it screwing around with this (not to denigrate the value of anybody else's). The next time I need to make a rez and only have a mobile device available, I'll be using Marriott or ICH first.

(HH Diamond at least 5 years consecutively)
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: HH D
Looks like you have been listened to, because Google is killing the reCaptcha and is coming up with something better.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12...cha_recaptcha/
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sisosig
Looks like you have been listened to, because Google is killing the reCaptcha and is coming up with something better.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12...cha_recaptcha/
That's funny - thank you so much for passing along. I did not know about it.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Update from Hilton:

Thank you for your reply and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. I was able to recreate the issue and have submitted this to our tech support team. Sir, I can certainly understand your frustration with the two versions of Captcha. Our Website administrators are aware of the issue and are currently working to improve the security feature. If you have the Hilton HHonors app I would recommend using as an alternative because it does not have Captcha. If you use your iphone and use Safari to search for www.hiltonhhonors.com you will have to enter captcha which should easier to see. I did a test and was receiving an error message but after the third attempt I was able to sign in. Please know that I will send a new message to our Website Adminsitrators for website feedback and I cannot express how sorry I am for the problems you encountered.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html

Best regards,

Raul V.
Assistant Coach
Customer Care Email Department
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
www.hiltonworldwide.com
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Originally Posted by lindros2
Update from Hilton:

Thank you for your reply and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. I was able to recreate the issue and have submitted this to our tech support team. Sir, I can certainly understand your frustration with the two versions of Captcha. Our Website administrators are aware of the issue and are currently working to improve the security feature. If you have the Hilton HHonors app I would recommend using as an alternative because it does not have Captcha. If you use your iphone and use Safari to search for www.hiltonhhonors.com you will have to enter captcha which should easier to see. I did a test and was receiving an error message but after the third attempt I was able to sign in. Please know that I will send a new message to our Website Adminsitrators for website feedback and I cannot express how sorry I am for the problems you encountered.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html

Best regards,

Raul V.
Assistant Coach
Customer Care Email Department
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
www.hiltonworldwide.com
I'd love to use the Hilton HHonors app but I can't with my Windows 7.5 phone because the Windows phone version of the app only works with Windows 8.0 and 8.1 phones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.