Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond status extended

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
Question Diamond status extended

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has come across the following before. I can complaining to HHonors that I wasn't offered the Jumpstart promotion which allows stay credits for the rest of this year to go towards next year's status (if you already have 30+ stays). Of course with HHonors I'm not sure whether to believe them! Any advice appreciated!

"Mr bmifly, In reviewing your account we found that the Jumpstart offer was not offered to you as you were upgraded to Diamond until March 31, 2017 back in June of this year. This status was given to you based on your loyalty maintaining Diamond with HHonors for 10+ consecutive years."

bmifly
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by bmifly
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has come across the following before. I can complaining to HHonors that I wasn't offered the Jumpstart promotion which allows stay credits for the rest of this year to go towards next year's status (if you already have 30+ stays). Of course with HHonors I'm not sure whether to believe them! Any advice appreciated!

"Mr bmifly, In reviewing your account we found that the Jumpstart offer was not offered to you as you were upgraded to Diamond until March 31, 2017 back in June of this year. This status was given to you based on your loyalty maintaining Diamond with HHonors for 10+ consecutive years."

bmifly
Occasionally someone has reported something similar. For example, see this post (and others in that thread):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17994398-post18.html
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
Thanks Jerry. For the next year I don't have to change hotels after 1 night to ensure I qualify for Diamond!

bmifly
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I are going to retire this year but will still travel a good bit. We have a joint account and have had between 40 and 60 annual stays for 14 straight years. I am ok until March 2016 but wonder if I should see if they will give us sort of bonus time for the following year, we have around 750k points to use probably in Europe and would would like to use these points as Diamonds. I realize we could easily retain Gold through credit cards but many European properties seem to treat Diamonds a bit better.

We are probably a decent example of why Hilton should have Lifetime, since I went over 2 mm with AA I have not flown enough to earn Platinum every year but AA has gotten all my business. I suspect the same thing would happen with Hilton.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
There is some kind of policy of automatic diamond extension after being diamond ten consecutive years. I think mine was a five year pass a few years ago. Remember reporting it on here and was called a liar by a dozen posters.
Same with a special gift given after so many consecutive years. Diamond since about 1989......a few years prior to it being a published program. Next year, it's a silver card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.