Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 2:02 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
You didn’t need to go down for a keycard to operate the lights, any card with work, loyalty card, or some bit of cardboard folded too I noticed recently.
Originally Posted by adobbing
I know that for things like lifts, your smartphone keycard can be used.
Power in the room is something else and seems to have been forgotten unless I’ve missed something that isn’t just a “workaround”
I too have quite a collection of spare “room cards”😁
Originally Posted by richardhall99
Only carry debit card and driving licence so wouldn't want to risk leaving those. But will nab a key card before leaving.
I did write about this in my post from September 2021. I initially tried a business card which has worked elsewhere, but here you need something a bit thicker and more rigid.

Last year I also stayed at the Hampton Edinburgh where the slot appears to actually read something from the card, as an old Hilton card didn't work and nor did a nectar or bank card.
richardhall99 and wizla like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
Can you still open/close the curtains with a little switch next to the bed?…… the only other Hilton that I know has this feature is Hilton park lane.
Sadly not in the rooms I've been in over the past few years. I think so many people tried to open and close them the old fashioned way the mechanism broke. Going back a good few years reception would point out that the curtains were operated by switch, but not any more.
wizla likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 1:38 am

Any recent stays here?
Old Sep 21, 2023, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I stayed a few times back in May, but things are broadly as they have for a few years

Deluxe upgrade (though it never shows in the app), drinks vouchers, breakfast and a welcome gift in the room of fudge with the water.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Continental breakfast available from 04:30 on Thursday, but as the main reason we book is because of an atrociously early flight - living locally - didn't even try that.

Fratello's restaurant busy for dinner even mid-week (quite a few local non-flying patrons, I think) - so booking recommended.

Everything else as per S_W_S report. (Vouchers in an envelope with a welcome letter from the GM).
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
One night stay. Diamond member, with same day booking.
Letter from manager, with introduction and advised of robes, slippers, water and a gift, but sadly none. Not fussed, as only a night.
Was given a complimentary drinks voucher, along with breakfast voucher. Nice enough breakfast, and fried egg made on request.

Room was clean, bed comfy. Nothing startlingly bad, nor amazingly good - just a solid one night stay.

With the Metro being off on the airport branch this week, if I'd have known, I'd probably have just stayed in the Hampton opposite the station.
Freetotravel likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
One night stay last weekend.
Used the digital key option and they delivered the coupons later that night but left in corridor so did not see them until the morning.
Breakfast starts at 0430.
You need the letter from the manager for the free WiFi code so ask if they don't deliver it.

I booked an inclusive breakfast rate but the coupon they gave me was the HHonors Continental only and they would not budge in the restaurant. I could have stolen the hot food but not in my nature.

Large wedding going on but only a little noise in the corridor. Good nights sleep.
No electrical sockets next to bed for phone.
Abidjan and wizla like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold For Life/GGL, Hiton Diamond For Life
Stayed here 4 times this year.
We choose it because it is a short walk to the terminal in the morning for the first BA flight to LHR. We tend to drive to the airport the night before the flight, drop off bags and I drive to the Long Stay car park (cheaper than an overnight at the hotel and the park and fly option is often more expensive than our option) and then walk back to the hotel, or take the shuttle bus back to the terminal if it's raining/snowing.
The bar and restaurant offer reasonable fare and the staff across the hotel are generally helpful.
On the occasion that we have taken breakfast at the hotel, the hot items have been OK for a Doubletree.
I have been staying here since the place opened (in c 2011/12 I think) and it does a very good job (for us !!) in my view.
In some of the rooms the plug sockets are a little temperamental and in need of repair/replacement but other than that the rooms are in good order.
Hope this helps.
Jetsetmonty
Abidjan and wizla like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.