Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Brussels Grand Place {BEL}

Hilton Brussels Grand Place {BEL}

Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Actually, I'm a little confused now. Was the lounge by the bar which backs onto the breakfast restaurant?

Where did you get the photo of the old style Nespresso (with the handle)?

EDIT: Okay, now I understand, and excuse my ignorance because I foolishly thought the lounge behind the bar was temporary. Indeed, its the new lounge! So yes, its operating and I thought it was nicely decorated with sort of art-deco lights, bar stools on the left side and tables along the right. It's small and access to Diamonds and booked rooms granting EX would be prudent. There was no fridge so the drinks are put in ice as you enter and the food is at the back which backs onto the breakfast area.

yeas

I saw guests ordering food from the bar menu.

By the way, the food from the bar/restaurant is really good, I enjoyed a French platter.

And I found some photos I took!

EL Looking towards entrance

Real orchids...

Evening F&B

Kwak at the bar

Bar area
y. Yes that's definitely a different lounge to the one I was in .......the temporary lounge was between front desk and lifts to the left looking out onto the square outside front of hotel.......the coffee machine was in the lounge, you can see the pillars of the entrance behind through the window.............yep it was small, but you say the new lounge is small too?.....that may be difficult as it's quite a big hotel.

Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Brief trip review here. Spent one day in Brussels en route from DC to Hamburg, to see Xmas markets etc. Because of early morning arrival and younger children, I booked a room for one day, emailing ahead of time to explain I wouldn't stay the night before, and to ask for a late checkout, which was granted after initially getting lost in the system (see earlier post). And boy was I ever glad I did that. Youngest child began complaining of a stomach ache a couple of hours after the meal on the plane, then he and the guy in front of us both started projectile vomiting (and yes, I did make a next day phone call to UA to report, and they were not interested in our child's vomiting, despite having made an announcement to ask for a doctor on the flight for the guy in front ...) They wouldn't say if other passengers had reported vomiting after the meal, probably understandably (we were curious, 12 hours later, kid was fine and none of us got sick, suggests food issue?)

Anyway, having a room was priceless, and the kind front desk staff extended the already late checkout by another hour to accommodate us after I explained he had been unwell (Anais went so far as to bring us water bottles in prep for our next flight) and housekeeping came in with fresh towels. We had a brief breakfast the morning we arrived (one parent and healthy child) and found the breakfast in the restaurant to be very good - amazing mushrooms and fresh omelettes, and the breakfast room and service run very efficiently (Louise). In fact, this Hilton breakfast gave some Park Hyatts a run for their money in my opinion. As a Diamond I liked having the restaurant or the lounge options for breakfast.

Later that afternoon I found the lounge to be smaller than I had expected based on the hotel and room sizes, and corridor-like (assuming we were in the right place, ground floor...) but we visited between service so there wasn't anything much there - I mostly visited so I could report back here, but luckily the post above is much more comprehensive and has photos. I was surprised at the long thing shape of it which was a bit odd but the furniture was modern. No-one there (late afternoon), but It was a quiet place for a couple of us to sit. I wanted a cup of tea and noted hot water is provided in one of those silver thermos flasks and it was a bit lukewarm. I prefer lounges with machines with hot water to the flask arrangement. So, sorry, the lounge wasn't impressive to me, but I was there at the wrong time - a good spread and some jolly patrons would perhaps make all the difference. However, if there are lots of children, I wonder a bit about the space since tables are close together. Agree with other poster, that this Hilton will likely have happier customers if they can keep it from getting too crowded.

The bedroom was nice, modern and quiet, with good fittings and an updated bathroom. Importantly, it was spacious. As many have noted upthread, this place is super handy for the station. One thing, I tried to use uber to get to the airport, and had it cancel on me twice, third time lucky. Third guy said uber app sometimes gets confused about where the hotel is.

Anyway, bottom line. Nice hotel, good food, really helpful staff, and good rooms and upgrades/treatment of Diamonds. Highly recommend. Years ago I stayed at the smaller Hilton in Brussels and I was really glad I opted for the Grand Place one here - higher cost was well worth it. Nicely located. Kind to families!

Last edited by yaromac; Dec 29, 2017 at 3:02 am
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by yaromac
Brief trip review here. Spent one day in Brussels en route from DC to Hamburg, to see Xmas markets etc. Because of early morning arrival and younger children, I booked a room for one day, emailing ahead of time to explain I wouldn't stay the night before, and to ask for a late checkout, which was granted after initially getting lost in the system (see earlier post). And boy was I ever glad I did that. Youngest child began complaining of a stomach ache a couple of hours after the meal on the plane etc.
Great review (I assume), but am going to have dinner in a couple of minutes.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:12 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Hi All,
Sorry to bother but any recent reports on what breakfast amenity a Gold member may receive?
Sadly dropping to Gold in 2018.
Thanks,
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Hi All,
Sorry to bother but any recent reports on what breakfast amenity a Gold member may receive?
Sadly dropping to Gold in 2018.
Thanks,
I stayed as a gold in Nov. 2016 with my wife and we both received full (and very good IMO) breakfast buffet.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Stayed here again last weekend.
A very nice stay, the executive lounge is now in a new location on the ground floor (but with decent views as the building is elevated at the back) with brand new design and with plenty of comfortable seating, at least 5 times the size it was before.
Decent food options at night with a choice of wines, prosecco, Absolut vodka, Beefeater gin and Remy Martin.
Service was good and we received a nice junior suite upgrade as a Diamond, including Godiva chocolates as a welcome gift.
(Junior) Suites also seem to have Nespresso machines now (ours did).
Breakfast (which we took in the main restaurant) was good, restaurant also completely redesigned/restyled (the new chairs were very uncomfortable though so we moved to table with couch seating).
We will be back!
They are definitely trying to put the hotel 'on the map'!

Last edited by Delectatio; Apr 23, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Delectatio
A very nice stay, the executive lounge is now in a new location on the ground floor (but with decent views as the building is elevated at the back) with brand new design and with plenty of comfortable seating, at least 5 times the size it was before.
Decent food options at night with a choice of wines, prosecco, Absolut vodka, Beefeater gin and Remy Martin.
Service was good and we received a nice junior suite upgrade as a Diamond, including Godiva chocolates as a welcome gift.
Breakfast (which we took in the main restaurant) was good, restaurant also completely redesigned/restyled (the new chairs were very uncomfortable though so we moved to table with couch seating).
We will be back!
Great news, will be there this weekend! ^^
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
(Junior) Suites also seem to have Nespresso machines now (ours did).
We will be back!
Thanks for the update! Am thinking about staying here this summer on a family trip, and as a lounge-lover, am very happy to hear that they've expanded the area so they won't be so crowded. Do you happen to remember if they've added a cheese plate to the evening selections?
Old May 8, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Thanks for the update! Am thinking about staying here this summer on a family trip, and as a lounge-lover, am very happy to hear that they've expanded the area so they won't be so crowded. Do you happen to remember if they've added a cheese plate to the evening selections?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes they had 3-4 cheeses on the evening buffet in the lounge. Some lovely Belgian ones (including a very nice goat cheese).
Old May 9, 2018, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So the photos I took are no longer current? The lounge is now in its third incarnation?

Given the size of the new lounge, and as it was nicely finished, I’m surprised it is being moved again.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I found the current incarnation of the lounge to be a bit small/tight a little over a week ago
Old May 9, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Sorry for the late reply. Yes they had 3-4 cheeses on the evening buffet in the lounge. Some lovely Belgian ones (including a very nice goat cheese).
Thanks! I'm glad to hear it. I find that a bit of wine and cheese in the lounge in the evenings add a lot to my stays. Odd to hear that they went from a small lounge space to a nicer larger lounge space and then back to a small lounge space. I wonder what is driving the continual changes?

Last edited by whimsey21; May 9, 2018 at 7:54 am
Old May 9, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I found the current incarnation of the lounge to be a bit small/tight a little over a week ago
So it’s back to the one shown in my photos?
Old May 11, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
When I was there recently, the bar off the lobby had beer from the excellent local Brasserie De La Senne.... Don't miss the chance to try them.

For a Belgian bar, the barman is completely clueless about beer. But that's what you get I guess
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:39 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Just a quick question - thinking of staying here for 2 nights but then hoping they will be able to store 2 medium size suitcases for three nights. Do you think this is possible? If not does anyone know any bag storage places in the City and not too far from the hotel. We are heading to Tomorrowland festival so prefer not to carry anything big with us.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.