Morons in the IT Department

Old Oct 18, 14, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Morons in the IT Department

For the 3rd time in a week, I am unable to sign into my account. Response no such account exists , no such email exists.

Last time when I got someone on the phone at the Diamond Desk they had alternate email addreses I never heard of along with bogus home addreses etc etc etc.

They gave me a temporary pin and I went in and removed all the wrong info and selected new pin etc.

Now same thing happens today and when I call Diamond Desk from Thailand they tell me system is down for maintenance .

If that is the case then that should be the message when you try to sign in , not that you do not exist.

A 3rd grader could figure that out. In fact they should replace the entire IT department with school children because they have to be smarter,

3rd time in 10 days. Next year Marriott gets all my business.!
Old Oct 19, 14, 2:40 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Tbh I think Hilton, Hyatt and SPG frequently meet and have an internal challenge who has the most f'd up website.

I think Hyatt leads followed by SPG/Hilton.
Old Oct 19, 14, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Hyatt "Giggity-Giggity", DL Silver, UA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BW Diamond
Hilton has had a lot of problems with people getting their accounts hacked lately. I'd check into it pretty quickly, and read the other threads on the Hilton forum.
Old Oct 19, 14, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
For the 3rd time in 10 days and this time they took out 258,000 points.

Your points are not safe and your information is not safe with Hilton.

I can't tell you how many travel accounts , bank accounts etc and never a problem.

But this company is a Disaster when it comes to their IT department.

Change your email, pin, password , user name etc . Otherwise your information is not Safe with this Company!!!
Old Oct 19, 14, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
Once your account has been hacked, you need to get a new account. (Apparently just changing PIN, password, etc. does not suffice; the person who stole it might have set some account recovery procedure that they use to re-steal it.)
Old Oct 19, 14, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Tbh I think Hilton, Hyatt and SPG frequently meet and have an internal challenge who has the most f'd up website.

Yea, now that I also have a bunch of stays at Hyatt under my belt, I have to say I am completely underwhelmed by their IT. There are certainly things that Hyatt does better than Hilton but their website and your account online is not one of them.
Old Oct 19, 14, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post

I think IHG takes the cake on this one. Read the last few pages of this thread on their fall promo:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html