Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Hotel Category Adjustments & Updates to Honors Terms & Conditions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Predecessor thread: Hilton HHonors Category Adjustment Process and FlyerTalk Presence (covering April-July 2014)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Honors Hotel Category Adjustments & Updates to Honors Terms & Conditions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:33 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by Miesque
The increase from 2 to 4 for the HGI Richmond Airport smarts quite a bit. Its bad enough this location eschews all promos, but at level 2, it was still worth an occasional redemption, there is no way its worth Category 4 rates. This pretty much cements me at the RIC Hyatt Place when I need to stay by the airport.
The Hyatt Place is in a much better location anyway. Lots of retail and dining options within an easy walk!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ScrodmanFL
The Hyatt Place is in a much better location anyway. Lots of retail and dining options within an easy walk!
That is true, the location is much better than the typical airport hotel with lots of dining alternatives as well as being right next to a Target which is very helpful if you forget something. That said, I personally prefer an HGI to a Hyatt Place, where I think many Hyatts have an edge over their respective Hilton props (especially as a Diamond) are the full service Hyatts.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Hilton Glasgow seems to have gone from 12K points + £32 on a date in June I was looking up to 12K points + £57 in the space of one day. All other P & C rates around the dates seem to have gone up to the same price also.

Is this to do with the category change? It isn't even the 8th here yet, or in the US!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Hilton Glasgow seems to have gone from 12K points + £32 on a date in June I was looking up to 12K points + £57 in the space of one day. All other P & C rates around the dates seem to have gone up to the same price also.

Is this to do with the category change? It isn't even the 8th here yet, or in the US!
The change goes by the date at the location, not where you might be situated.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
The change goes by the date at the location, not where you might be situated.
I'm a 40 minute drive from Hilton Glasgow
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:52 am

I didn't see it listed here but the DUB Hilton seems to have gone up to 30k/ night (from 20K). Luckily I had aleady booked the night I needed for 20K each. At the time, I thought 20k was a bit steep. 30K definitely seems like a bad deal for this hotel.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:53 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Wanted to make sure you all know about our latest category changes. The changes below will be listed on HHonors.com tomorrow, June 24. These updates will become effective on July 8, 2015 and will be reflected on the Standard Room Rewards Update page on HHonors.com.

Below is a full list.

Please reach out to me with any questions in the meantime!

Hotels with Category Decrease:
  1. Hilton Foshan (Foshan, China) – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 3
  2. DoubleTree by Hilton London-Islington (London, UK) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 8
Hotels with Category Increase:
  1. DoubleTree By Hilton Chongqing Wangzhou (Chongqing, Austria) – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 1
  2. DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin (Dublin, Ireland) – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
  3. DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru (Johor Bahru, Malaysia) – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 1
  4. Hampton Inn by Hilton Chihuahua City (Chihuahua, Mexico) – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 1
  5. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport (Newcastle, UK) – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 2
  6. Hilton York (York, UK) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  7. DoubleTree by Hilton Tulsa Downtown (Tulsa, Oklahoma) – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 2
  8. Hampton Inn Portland / Clackamas (Clackamas, Oregon) – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 2
  9. Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint (Alpharetta, Georgia) – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 3
  10. Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood (Atlanta, Georgia) – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 3
  11. DoubleTree by Hilton Wood Dale / Elk Grove (Wood Dale, Illinois) – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 3
  12. Hampton Inn Harrisonburg South (Harrisonburg, Virginia) – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 3
  13. Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Bradenton Airport (Sarasota, Florida) – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
  14. Homewood Suites by Hilton Warrington (Warrington, Pennsylvania) – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
  15. Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach / Oceanfront (Jacksonville Beach, Florida) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 4
  16. Hilton Garden Inn Bend (Bend, Oregon) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 4
  17. Hotel Maya / a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel (Long Beach, California) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  18. Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown (Middleton, Rhode Island) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
Cheers,
Erin
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:57 am

Darn...Chongqing is one of my favorite ski destinations. Such a value for the region at category 1. Quick train ride to Vienna, also.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:00 am

Thumbs down

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport (Newcastle, UK) – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 2
They just had to go and ruin the only decent redemption near us, didn't they.

It's not as bad as the last round I suppose, where Hilton Glasgow went up one or two categories making the redemption rates there now distinctly unappealing.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
DoubleTree By Hilton Chongqing Wangzhou (Chongqing, Austria) – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 1
Category 1 hotels are certainly an endangered species at Hilton.

David
Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Darn...Chongqing is one of my favorite ski destinations. Such a value for the region at category 1. Quick train ride to Vienna, also.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuxinou_Railway

Yu'Xin'Ou Railway (渝新欧) is a freight rail route linking the southwestern Chinese city of Chongqing with Duisburg, Germany. It passes through the Alataw Pass into Kazakhstan, and moves through Russia, Belarus and Poland before arriving in Duisburg.[1] The railway is part of a growing rail network connecting China and Europe along the New Silk Road.
So nearly there, but I still think it's stretching the boundaries of Austria a little.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond

It's not as bad as the last round I suppose, where Hilton Glasgow went up one or two categories making the redemption rates there now distinctly unappealing.
Yep...I agree mate, even though it's a long way from me, I love this hotel and was such a bargain !.......shame!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
So nearly there, but I still think it's stretching the boundaries of Austria a little.
Freight rail even. Perfect for self-loading cargo.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Yep...I agree mate, even though it's a long way from me, I love this hotel and was such a bargain !.......shame!
Was thinking the same thing myself. The rates in Newcastle appear to have dropped recently as well (or at least they have for the nights I've been looking for, Gateshead was £62 for this Sunday when I looked earlier), perhaps too many of us were redeeming here.

Shame as Wizla says it's a great property.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:41 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Just a quick heads up on a few hotel category changes coming in the next few weeks, before they go live on HHonors.com tomorrow, September 30. These changes will be effective as of October 14, 2015.

Let me know if you have any questions, either here or via PM.

Safe travels,
Ashleigh

Hotels with Category Decrease:
  1. DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Bangalore (Bangalore, India) – New Category 3 / Previous Category: 5
  2. Hilton Bangalore Residences (Bangalore, India) – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 5
  3. DoubleTree Venice North (Mogliano Veneto, Italy) – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 5
  4. DoubleTree Mexico City Airport Area (Mexico City, Mexico) – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 5
  5. Hilton Villahermosa Airport (Villahermosa, Mexico) – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 5
  6. Hilton Garden Inn Panama (Ealing, Panama) – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 4
  7. DoubleTree by Hilton Panama City El Carmen (Panama City, Panama) – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 4
  8. Hilton Garden Inn Istanbul Golden Horn (Istanbul, Turkey) – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 5
  9. Hampton Inn by Hilton Birmingham City North (Birmingham, United Kingdom) – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 4
  10. Doubletree By Hilton London / Chelsea (London, United Kingdom) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 7
  11. Hampton Inn Limerick Philadelphia Area (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 5
  12. Hilton Charlotte Executive Park (Charlotte, North Carolina) – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 5

Hotels with Category Increase:
  1. Hilton Zhongshan Downtown (Zhongshan, China) – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 2
  2. Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort (6th of October City, Egypt) – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 1
  3. DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal (Amsterdam, Netherlands) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
  4. Hampton by Hilton Panama (Panama City, Panama) – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 1
  5. Alexandra Barcelona, a DoubleTree by Hilton (Barcelona, Spain) – New Category: 8 / Previous Category: 7
  6. Hampton Inn Corby (Corby, United Kingdom) – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 1
  7. Hilton London Islington (London, United Kingdom) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
  8. Hampton Inn Atlanta / Southlake (Morrow, Georgia) – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 2
  9. Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Airport (Colorado Springs, Colorado) – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 2
  10. Hampton Inn and Suites San Antonio Northwest / Medical Center (San Antonio, Texas) – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 3
  11. DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside (Culver City, California) – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
  12. DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport (Burlingame, California) – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
  13. Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff (Flagstaff, Arizona) – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
  14. Doubletree by Hilton Flagstaff (Flagstaff, Arizona) – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
  15. DoubleTree by Hilton LAX / El Segundo (El Segundo, California) – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
  16. Hampton Inn & Suites Destin/Sandestin Area FL (Destin, Florida) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  17. DoubleTree Hotel Los Angeles (Los Angeles, California) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  18. Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  19. Hilton Portland & Executive Towers (Portland, Oregon) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  20. Hilton San Francisco Airport (Burlingame, California) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  21. DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina (Berkeley, California) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  22. Embassy Flagstaff (Flagstaff, Arizona) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  23. DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort / Convention Center (Anaheim, California) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  24. the Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton (Denver, Colorado) – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 5
  25. Embassy Portland Downtown (Portland Oregon) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
  26. Embassy San Francisco Airport Burlingame (Burlingame, California) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
  27. Embassy San Francisco ArptSouth San Francisco (San Francisco, California) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
  28. Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North (San Francisco, California) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
  29. Homewood Suites Seattle Downtown East (Seattle, Washington) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
  30. Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Downtown WA (Seattle, Washington) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
  31. Homewood Seattle/Downtown (Seattle, Washington) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
  32. Hampton Seattle-Downtown (Seattle, Washington) – New Category: 7 / Previous Category: 6
  33. Hilton Seattle (Seattle, Washington) – New Category: 8 / Previous Category: 7
  34. The Arctic Club Seattle-DoubleTree by Hilton (Seattle, Washington) – New Category: 8 / Previous Category: 7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.