Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Times Square Central {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Times Square Central {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn New York/Times Square Central {US-NY}

This hotel just opened within the last few weeks and at least in the near term will likely often get confused with the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square on Eighth Ave. Due to a heavily Midtown based schedule I have decided to forgo my usual Conrad stay in favor of testing out three Midtown properties I have never stayed at and this hotel is one of them so I will report back after my stay (the other two properties are Hilton Times Square and Andaz Fifth Avenue)

Mods - If there is already a thread dedicated to this hotel, please delete.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Miesque
This hotel just opened within the last few weeks and at least in the near term will likely often get confused with the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square on Eighth Ave. Due to a heavily Midtown based schedule I have decided to forgo my usual Conrad stay in favor of testing out three Midtown properties I have never stayed at and this hotel is one of them so I will report back after my stay (the other two properties are Hilton Times Square and Andaz Fifth Avenue)

Mods - If there is already a thread dedicated to this hotel, please delete.
Is this on 42nd St, immediately across from Aureole? There was a sign I think is new there on Sunday. A pretty good location for a HGI.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Is this on 42nd St, immediately across from Aureole? There was a sign I think is new there on Sunday. A pretty good location for a HGI.
That is correct and yes, that does seem to be a good location for an HGI. The new one on 54th which I have not yet tried is also a great location, giving a much needed option in that area of Midtown.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Well I completed one night at this hotel and here is the skinny. Its brand new and you can still stuff is still getting worked on. Front desk staff is pleasant and its definitely centrally located on 42nd. This hotel is tall but narrow. I believe there are 8 rooms per floor and and I was on the 31st floor which was toward the very top. The bed was very comfy, feeling more like a traditional Hilton bed then an HGI. The room is on the smaller side but not obscenely so like some Manhattan rooms can be. The room included the traditional small fridge and microwave as most HGIs do and a safe. There are five small elevators and my rooms was next to one and those elevators were noisy. One the way down to breakfast several guest commented on them with one lady who had been there for several nights stating that they were louder last night than previous evenings. The elevators go to all floors so it can take a while to get down to breakfast and by the time it got to the 10th floor it was packed. At breakfast the cook was very pleasant but the two servers were not very good. I was waiting forever for coffee and in the end walked over to an empty table and took a clean upside down mug and walked over to get some coffee, took a splash of cream off another table and went back to my spot where i stirred in a packet of sugar with my knife (since i was only give an knife and fork). All in all not a bad place for a midtown stay if the price is reasonable. This evening I am staying for the first time at the Hilton Times Square and the rooms are much more spacious and its just a block and a half west on 42nd from the HGI.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any recent stays????i just booked a stay here for next week....
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
any recent stays????i just booked a stay here for next week....
I stayed here in Jan on a super cheap rate. I booked a king and when I checked in, they asked did I have any preference, I said just "a great room", so they said if you take a queen, we can give you a great room and it was an amazing room. Very high floor, I think 35th, floor to ceiling windows on 1 full side with a corner curve in it. Full view of Times Square and NJ!. Small but fabulous bathroom, again floor to ceiling windows, with a great blind system. Small room, but everything built in and very large flat screen TV. A really nice stay. The breakfast was terrible (it was also free and you are in NYC, so you can get a great cheap breakfast anywhere) but the staff was really nice. The location is amazing. Would stay there again in a heartbeat, if I can get a good rate. I hope you enjoy!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by LongingForORD
I stayed here in Jan on a super cheap rate. I booked a king and when I checked in, they asked did I have any preference, I said just "a great room", so they said if you take a queen, we can give you a great room and it was an amazing room. Very high floor, I think 35th, floor to ceiling windows on 1 full side with a corner curve in it. Full view of Times Square and NJ!. Small but fabulous bathroom, again floor to ceiling windows, with a great blind system. Small room, but everything built in and very large flat screen TV. A really nice stay. The breakfast was terrible (it was also free and you are in NYC, so you can get a great cheap breakfast anywhere) but the staff was really nice. The location is amazing. Would stay there again in a heartbeat, if I can get a good rate. I hope you enjoy!
thanks for the update....both my regular hotels are sold out so i need to stay somewhere else....thought about giving this property a try....
Old May 16, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'm giving this property a try next month. I'm there the weekend of the Tony's and the hotels I prefer are either sold out or sky high and this property was under $200 a night.

Are the rooms pretty soundproof? Also have any diamonds had any success in getting a high room corner room upgrade? The upgrade prices are pretty steep and while HGI doesn't give upgrades as a benefit I've had good luck with upgrades at a couple HGIs but I know it a YMMV situation.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'm giving this property a try next month. I'm there the weekend of the Tony's and the hotels I prefer are either sold out or sky high and this property was under $200 a night.

Are the rooms pretty soundproof? Also have any diamonds had any success in getting a high room corner room upgrade? The upgrade prices are pretty steep and while HGI doesn't give upgrades as a benefit I've had good luck with upgrades at a couple HGIs but I know it a YMMV situation.
I've stayed here a couple times. GREAT location! I have never received an upgrade as a diamond (probably because diamonds are not given upgrades at HGI).

The rooms are nice, but I would not say the hotel is quiet. It's not really the street noise that is a problem, but the doors to other rooms. Every time I have stayed at this hotel, the slamming of the doors constantly wakes me up. I have to use the white noise app on my phone.

Breakfast is also underwhelming. But you can't beat the location and the prices are usually really good for this property. Good luck!
Old May 16, 2017, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LucWise
The rooms are nice, but I would not say the hotel is quiet. It's not really the street noise that is a problem, but the doors to other rooms. Every time I have stayed at this hotel, the slamming of the doors constantly wakes me up. I have to use the white noise app on my phone.
Yup my experience too. Same issue at multiple properties in Manhattan that are built on the same basic template, with all rooms opening onto the elevator lobby (not just HGI, but also, for example, Hyatt Herald Square and Residence Inn Manhattan/Central Park).
Old May 16, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yup my experience too. Same issue at multiple properties in Manhattan that are built on the same basic template, with all rooms opening onto the elevator lobby (not just HGI, but also, for example, Hyatt Herald Square and Residence Inn Manhattan/Central Park).
Also the Hampton Times Square south and the Hilton Fashion district. Only hotels in NYC that i haven't had a problem with noise is Hilton Times Square and DT Times square (and the one time I had the studio at the DT I had that problem with noise as well)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.