Hilton Munich Airport {DEU}

Old Mar 29, 16, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Just to confirm we were given breakfast in the restaurant (very comprehensive). At check in we were also invited to help ourselves to the minibar in lieu of there being no exec lounge. Contents was a bit limited but included 3 beers plus soft drinks & snacks - and we had two rooms!

All round a great hotel. very impressed.
Old Oct 10, 16, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Stayed there last night, upgraded to Exec Suite. Room lovely, but shower knob wouldn't rotate to the the overhead "rain" fixture. Informed FD upon checkout. Was told minibar was complimentary since no EL, but now I see an extra charge. Will enquire about this in a few hours
Old May 26, 17, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Obtained early checkin (noon) verses waiting for any upgrade as was bushed after an overnight flight. Great bed. Was asleep in under 5-minutes.
Was told minibar was complimentary since no EL.
Easy access from T2.
Old May 26, 17, 1:06 pm

Programs: IC Plat/Amb, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Srisarin View Post
Obtained early checkin (noon) verses waiting for any upgrade as was bushed after an overnight flight. Great bed. Was asleep in under 5-minutes.
Was told minibar was complimentary since no EL.
Easy access from T2.
Was there anything in the minibar? I was told that the minibar fridge is empty and I can use it for personal use. Was given a voucher for 2 drinks per person at the bar. Upgraded to a Junior Suite. Full breakfast in the restaurant was included (normally priced at 34 euros per person). The rooms were a bit dated but were pretty quiet, considering the hotel is right at the airport.
Old May 26, 17, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
I had 2 separate stays at this property last month. For my first stay I was in an older suite, and the minibar was full. I was told at check in it was all complimentary (I'm Diamond).

On my second stay, I had a newly renovated room. It was very nice. The minibar was empty, but I received the voucher for a couple of drinks at the bar downstairs. Had a decent red.

Great breakfast the next day too. All in all, this is a good option if you have a late flight in or early flight out and don't care about being in the city. And, of course, the train into Munich couldn't be easier.
Old May 28, 17, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was there a few months ago. Upgraded to large suite, while the furnishing was terrible, I was given the minibar for free. They sent me a huge chocolate/dessert tower as a welcome gift, and the breakfast was not too bad.
Old May 28, 17, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
full - beer, cokes, water (both still and sparkling) and a few juices

new wing was new as mentioned just wanted early check in passing on old wing suite as just wanted some ZZZZs

[QUITE]=martyYYZ;28363343]Was there anything in the minibar? I was told that the minibar fridge is empty and I can use it for personal use. Was given a voucher for 2 drinks per person at the bar. Upgraded to a Junior Suite. Full breakfast in the restaurant was included (normally priced at 34 euros per person). The rooms were a bit dated but were pretty quiet, considering the hotel is right at the airport.[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 12, 17, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold/SPG Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Had a stay this week in the new North wing. Very nice rooms. Minibar was still extra but I always go to AirBrau for beers when I stay here
Old Aug 23, 18, 5:57 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I have stayed in the north wing (corner room) over the week-end and I was blown away by high standards I met everywhere. I am sure, a stay at the older wings would have left me less enthusiastic, but the north wing is really nice beyond average. And the whole experience was like being a diamond in "the old days" when distinct privileges were ample.

The check-in experience was already out of the world done by a skilled, welcoming agent. We were told, that the minibar was free and if we wanted to go to the bar we should stop by the front desk for vouchers. I kindly asked for a voucher right now to go and she issued a double voucher (2 drinks for 2 pax/each)! And if we wanted more we only should come back to the front desk.

Going to the room we saw advertised that an executive lounge is on its way and will be opened in September. Most likely this will stop drink vouchers. The room was extremely elegant, high quality furniture and fabrics. The minibar had 4 beers, (two brands), still and sparkling mineral water, coke and few sweets. There was a welcome amenity waiting for us. The bath room was of good size with shower only.

There are automatic blinds which do not work at the moment, because the caused reflections disturbing flight traffic. I have no idea how this will be resolved. But there were ample curtains to black out day light. However, they do not completely black out as those automatic blinds would probably do. But since we had a corner room we had plenty of windows and day light, of course. The windows cannot be opened, if I remember correctly.

Going to the bar we were able to chose anything. Our choice was champagne by the glass and we were offered a second glass as well (with our double voucher). The restaurant had a limited menu due to the buffet (Route 66) they offer on Saturday night. We are skeptics when it comes to buffet but when entering the restaurant the good smell was convincing. Again, very friendly and efficient staff. We were shown to our table leaving some seating option open. Our waiter took the drink orders. Wines were good and prices moderate for an airport hotel. The buffet was fantastic in terms of quality, diversity and quantity. We didi not regret having opted for the menu.

Next morning, we enjoyed one of the best Hilton breakfasts ever with likewise good service. Staff seemed plenty so there were no waiting times for any requests, tables were cleared quickly, staff was motivated and efficient.

I read many excellent reviews about this hotel and now I know why it is graded high. The only back-draw when staying here is that Munich is a 42-45 minutes train ride away and at the airport there is not much to do. But in connection with a flight this is the place to stay!
Old Nov 25, 18, 2:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Am staying here now in the North Wing (the new rooms) and really like the hotel. There is a sign up in the elevators saying they are working on a lounge and it should be open by January 2019.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 7, 19, 11:43 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (2.6+ MM), UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold.
Hilton MUC Airport - Exec lounge now open!

Finally! The Hilton at Munich Airport, which used to be the Kempinski, now has a fully functional executive lounge. It opened on Monday 1/28. Very nice it is too!
Old Feb 7, 19, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Finally! The Hilton at Munich Airport, which used to be the Kempinski, now has a fully functional executive lounge. It opened on Monday 1/28. Very nice it is too!
Wow, I didn't know there were airport Kempinskis. Must be very nice indeed!

Hilton should acquire more Kempinski properties, keeping in place the existing staff, management and facilities. They could actually keep the sign the same too. Just let me earn/burn honors points there.
Old Feb 7, 19, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA MP HH
Wonder if they are still allowing Diamonds to have breakfast in the buffet. It was one of the biggest breakfast buffets we have seen...
Zurich likes this.
Old Feb 7, 19, 11:32 pm

Programs: M&M / hhonors
Originally Posted by BlueZebra View Post
Wonder if they are still allowing Diamonds to have breakfast in the buffet. It was one of the biggest breakfast buffets we have seen...
From anecdotal experience, every Hilton I have been to in Germany allowed me to choose between Lounge and Restaurant for breakfast.