Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Emporda {ESP} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Is there no thread for this hotel? If I am wrong then please move this review.

Let me start by saying this is a great place and a superb hotel. But.......there are many concerns.

It is at Toroella which is a good bit from the sea. Funnily enough from the junior suite I was given I could sea the Islas Medas in the sea. And I had the most beautiful room and toilet facilities. And a fantastic terrace. I reckon that it was the best room in the hotel. And as a Diamond I appreciated it. But......why didn't they tell me that when I checked in? Why did they not even acknowledge my status? Why do they have entrance doors that make you think there is no way in and you feel a fool after walking all the way round and have to get the lift up? And the on duty manager watched you and your wife and 2 kids do it and didn't stop you?

Great hotel. Great views. Basic Diamond acknowledgement other than the not referred to upgrade. Would it hurt to leave a bottle of water and a note? I will be back. Ok Resto.....great wine at reasonable prices. A buffet in the morning that locals love (slice your own amount of great sausages and black puddings!).

The staff on reception could smile a bit more.......
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I don't know when the Doubletrees in Catalonia converted from something else, but the training in HHonors is still lacking. I received a similar upgrade as a Gold there, but that was in February or March and the place was mostly empty.

However points and stay credit don't ever post properly - even HHonors customer service require scans of your bill to retro credit as they don't have a clue how much you've spent either. It also takes a bit of effort to remind staff that elite guests get breakfast as I'm never on the list downstairs at the restaurant.

Hotel itself is nice. Spa is OK. Lack of outdoor facilities (besides golf) makes a summer stay a bit disappointing - car is a must to be able to explore the area. But, as mentioned, the beach is quite far...
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I have stayed a couple of times at this hotel, with Mrs m4l, and consider the HH recognition very good.
Both times I booked the basic room without view and we were upgraded to a massive room overlooking the golf course.
Two big bottles of water were delivered to the room and our name was always in the breakfast list, which, by the way, is very good IMHO.
IIRC I had to retroclaim the points of our 1st stay but posted automatically after the 2nd.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
I thought I would update the thread for anyone who was looking to stay since it hasn't in almost 2 years. I recently stayed a few nights recently, and I echo what has been said before. Nice hotel, and I ate in the restaurant each night during my stay, which was very satisfying with a nice selection of wines.

All the staff were friendly and helpful, and all in all a nice relaxing place to stay. Looks like the stays haven't credited my account properly like others in the past.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: Hhonors
Cancel reserve "non-refundable" in DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Emporda, Spain.

Hello!! Days ago I made a non-cancelable reservation at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Emporda, today I see on Hilton.com that the same room is much cheaper. Call the hotel to see the possibility of canceling the prepaid reservation, but I was denied this possibility. What would you do in this case? Thank you. Marunouchi.
Old May 28, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by marunouchi24
Hello!! Days ago I made a non-cancelable reservation at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Emporda, today I see on Hilton.com that the same room is much cheaper. Call the hotel to see the possibility of canceling the prepaid reservation, but I was denied this possibility. What would you do in this case? Thank you. Marunouchi.
Not make non-cancelable reservations in the future. This is one of the risks associated with these reservations, that the rate may drop even further.
:D!, lincolnjkc, missamo80 and 2 others like this.
Old May 28, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sannmann
Not make non-cancelable reservations in the future.
Or if you do book a non-refundable rate, stop looking at the prices as soon as you do.

If you don't look, they never go down, and you got a good deal!!
Old May 28, 2018, 3:56 pm

Call the hotel to see the possibility of canceling the prepaid reservation, but I was denied this possibility.
When did you call and with whom did you speak? If you called on a weekend, you may have been talking to the wrong people.

Call on a weekday during normal business hours and ask to speak to someone in the on-site Reservations Office. (In some cases, hotels do not have on-site offices. If you are told that, ask to speak to the Reservations Manager.) Explain and hope for the best. If you get a "no," ask for the difference in price to be given as a credit for use at the hotel restaurant. That way, you might get some value and the hotel doesn't need to go through the hassle of refunding money.

As other people noted, the hotel does not have to do anything to help.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: Hhonors
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
When did you call and with whom did you speak? If you called on a weekend, you may have been talking to the wrong people.

Call on a weekday during normal business hours and ask to speak to someone in the on-site Reservations Office. (In some cases, hotels do not have on-site offices. If you are told that, ask to speak to the Reservations Manager.) Explain and hope for the best. If you get a "no," ask for the difference in price to be given as a credit for use at the hotel restaurant. That way, you might get some value and the hotel doesn't need to go through the hassle of refunding money.

As other people noted, the hotel does not have to do anything to help.
The solution was that they offered me the price difference as a credit to spend in the hotel restaurant. Accept gladly. Thank you!
missamo80 likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:15 pm

The solution was that they offered me the price difference as a credit to spend in the hotel restaurant. Accept gladly. Thank you!
Good news. Thank you for reporting back on the result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.