Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by ECKOA6
I have an Impresario booking coming up in December. I am wondering as a Diamond member, do they provide an alternative benefit as Impresario already includes breakfast. My only other Impresario stay has been Las Vegas and they provided an $50 per day additional food and beverage credit in lieu of Diamond breakfast.
I’m an Impresario agent and can confirm there is no alternative I’m afraid. The breakfast is very good mind.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Stayed over the bank holiday weekend. The hotel was very busy. As a diamond I was upgraded to an Executive Room. Later check out of 4 pm granted.

I was surprised there were no Diamond, executive floor benefits provided at reception or in the room.

On tthe Friday night we had champagne in the lounge. After that bottle it was only Prosecco as the only fizz. Premium spirits were available. It made me laugh where in the lounge they said they had no brandy but they found some Cognac.

breakfast was good, based on a la carte, with meats,
salmon and cheese plates.

we had a nice weekend and enjoyed the hotel.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:06 pm

Stayed last Sunday on £168 rate . Pre upgraded to preferred One Bedroom Suite a few days before

Suite ready on day at 2pm

Lots of toiletries (Molton Brown not back yet alas ! )

Tray of chocolates , fruit and large bottles of water delivered shortly after arrival

Hotel was quiet - the Exec Lounge was very quiet and two staff members ensured we had plenty of food and drink for the 90 mins we were in there (back to Bolla fizz ) Food was very good - much improved and the staff members excellent

Breakfast in Blue Boar currently - we were there for 8am and thoroughly spoilt . Remembered our preferences and given a takeaway bag full of pastries . Still free for Diamonds and again impressed with food and staff

Back in two weeks for his birthday and already upgraded !
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks to all the posters with the recent reviews. Sounds like a very good lounge and breakfast experience

I'm taking 2 weeks off in mid July and will for a change come down to London.

I have booked 2x 4 night stays at the Conrad. ( 9-13 July and 16-20 July) with a King Deluxe room. Will be my first time at this hotel

For the 13-16th July will be travelling to Cambridge ( for IWM Duxford) and staying at the fellow house ( new Curio opening on 30th June)

Will post a review on my return

Regards

TBS

PS Had to change my dates as I could not get the 9th off work so amended the booking for 10th to 13th July- the prices have since dropped to GBP 196 per night ( saving GBP 32 per night for the same rooom and Honors Dresam Rate). The same rate dropped applied to my second stay so amended my booking also to save GBP 240 over my total stay which is a fair saving.
Abidjan, pazza2000, wizla and 2 others like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 16, 2021 at 11:43 am
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Stayed last Sunday on £168 rate . Pre upgraded to preferred One Bedroom Suite a few days before

Suite ready on day at 2pm

Lots of toiletries (Molton Brown not back yet alas ! )

Tray of chocolates , fruit and large bottles of water delivered shortly after arrival

Hotel was quiet - the Exec Lounge was very quiet and two staff members ensured we had plenty of food and drink for the 90 mins we were in there (back to Bolla fizz ) Food was very good - much improved and the staff members excellent

Breakfast in Blue Boar currently - we were there for 8am and thoroughly spoilt . Remembered our preferences and given a takeaway bag full of pastries . Still free for Diamonds and again impressed with food and staff

Back in two weeks for his birthday and already upgraded !
What was that rate out of interest?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Just was advised on the Paddington thread to try the Frontline rate here, booked 2 September nights Deluxe King for £213/n tax included (thank you), my wife works at a Catholic High School - I’m assume that qualifies under education?
Will we need to bring any special ID?
lcylocal likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by kmandrew
My wife works at a Catholic High School - I’m assume that qualifies under education?
Will we need to bring any special ID?
Yes that’s education so you qualify.

I have used this rate twice in the last few weeks and once last year (at other U.K. Hilton’s to the Conrad it should be said) and not been asked on any occasion.

I think I have only ever been asked once in many many stays on the older Public Sector rate - and even then the staff member asked for ID so I presented my passport. I only later thought this was probably because the rate said something like ‘public sector offer check ID’ on it.

That said when I remember I stick a business card in my bag just in case. Sure a pass or piece of letterhead or something would also work. Hope you enjoy your trip.
pazza2000 and wizla like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
Yes that’s education so you qualify.

I have used this rate twice in the last few weeks and once last year (at other U.K. Hilton’s to the Conrad it should be said) and not been asked on any occasion.

I think I have only ever been asked once in many many stays on the older Public Sector rate - and even then the staff member asked for ID so I presented my passport. I only later thought this was probably because the rate said something like ‘public sector offer check ID’ on it.

That said when I remember I stick a business card in my bag just in case. Sure a pass or piece of letterhead or something would also work. Hope you enjoy your trip.
In general lately I’ve found the Frontline thanks rate doesn’t offer much of a discount over other advance purchase rates, however pleased to hear it does here.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Can anyone remind me on the parking options here ideally with in/out options so that the car can be available. (disabled passenger).
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
In general lately I’ve found the Frontline thanks rate doesn’t offer much of a discount over other advance purchase rates, however pleased to hear it does here.
I didn’t know about it until yesterday, just rebooked November Parc 55 stay in SF to $123 from $156 also saved 10€ at The Hague
pazza2000 and Sisosig like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:33 pm

I didn’t know about it until yesterday, just rebooked November Parc 55 stay in SF to $123 from $156 also saved 10€ at The Hague
I’ve noticed it’s not available for on the date rates, need to book +24hr in adv. It offers a good discount on some occasions, others less so
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Thanks to all the posters with the recent reviews. Sounds like a very good lounge and breakfast experience

I'm taking 2 weeks off in mid July and will for a change come down to London.

I have booked 2x 4 night stays at the Conrad. ( 9-13 July and 16-20 July) with a King Deluxe room. Will be my first time at this hotel

For the 13-16th July will be travelling to Cambridge ( for IWM Duxford) and staying at the fellow house ( new Curio opening on 30th June)

Will post a review on my return

Regards

TBS

PS Had to change my dates as I could not get the 9th off work so amended the booking for 10th to 13th July- the prices have since dropped to GBP 196 per night ( saving GBP 32 per night for the same rooom and Honors Dresam Rate). The same rate dropped applied to my second stay so amended my booking also to save GBP 240 over my total stay which is a fair saving.
As you are staying 4 nights I'd strongly recommend you to book via Impresario. They are currently offering third night free with the usual $100 benefits. I managed to book 3 nights for £390 only (King Superior) - actually I think our stays overlap, mine is 11th - 14th July
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:26 am

I am being educated daily - just changed our stay to 3 nights for £190/n + £100 property credit.
I had not heard of Impresario
Thanks Again
Schwann, lcylocal and mnhusker like this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 7:02 pm

How does the Conrad St James compare to the Landmark London? I have a stay booked at the Landmark but am considering swapping it to the Conrad. Only HHonors Gold (through Amex) though...
Old Jun 20, 2021, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I am being educated daily - just changed our stay to 3 nights for £190/n + £100 property credit.
I had not heard of Impresario
Thanks Again
I believe it is 100USD, not GBP. That would be a bit TOO good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.