Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
The hours for canapés and drink are 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Usual soft drinks , premium beers and spirits , fizz was a good Processco and choice of red and white wines all brought to your table
Hope you have a good stay look out for George if he’s working that night he looked after us superbly !
Hey Mate, thanks for the report and the metropole one too, Interesting and informative.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 6:29 am

Racked up a few more stays recently mainly Friday or Sunday night
Rates varied for Superior room from Ł156 to Ł166
Upgraded to One Bedroom Suite (and preferred room 545 ) usually 2\3 days prior to arrival
Hotel running at around 10% occupancy
Welcome gifts in suite include chocolates and the Conrad St James stuffed dog (!)
Prior to second lockdown Exec Lounge evening canapés and drinks still 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Good selection of canapés brought to your table - I’m veggie and my partner has halal - not sure what provision is made from Thursday
Breakfast is impressive for Diamond - we calculated we ordered (complimentary) food to the value of Ł80
Also given boxes of takeaway pastries and fruit salad service has been excellent and staff remember us and are preferred food and drinks
Manager of the hotel introduced herself to me in the bar on last stay by my name (!)
Hotel is open per lockdown regulations for next two weeks and will be reviewed after - though I note you can book after this time presently
The Diamond treatment IMHO has been most impressive and staff are also equally so !
Hoping to return in December )
Abidjan, chrism20, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Thanks for the update, excellent diamond recognition indeed. Really tempted to try this one again especially before Christmas as they always had beautiful decorations.
Abidjan and wizla like this.
Old May 22, 2021, 9:34 am

Staying for one night here tomorrow

Booked King Superior Room upgraded to One Bedroom Suite

Hotel messaged me asking any further requirements and explaining breakfast provision (temporarily relocated to Blue Boar Bar) and Executive Lounge is open - yes !!!

Staff have again been great looking after my expectations in advance will do usual updates during and after stay
NoY, teemuflyer, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old May 22, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Staying for one night here tomorrow

Booked King Superior Room upgraded to One Bedroom Suite

Hotel messaged me asking any further requirements and explaining breakfast provision (temporarily relocated to Blue Boar Bar) and Executive Lounge is open - yes !!!

Staff have again been great looking after my expectations in advance will do usual updates during and after stay
Please provide a brief report of your stay!
Old May 22, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Yes the lounge is open and busy this evening. As drinks and canapés are served to your table, service is poor the further away from the service area you are seated, it’s not done on a first come, first served basis. After a 20 minute wait had to go and ask for a first drink and then 20 minutes later, ask again for the canapés that failed to arrive and a drinks top up. The good news is they are serving an excellent English sparkling, Hambledon Classic cuvée NV and it is delicious. Unlike most other lounges they continue serving drinks after the advertised cutoff.
Abidjan and hugolover like this.

Last edited by Grafton001; May 22, 2021 at 1:28 pm
Old May 24, 2021, 4:42 am

Update on last night stay

Digital key arrived just after midday - suite upgrade changed to 347
Different configuration slightly smaller than other one bedroom suite with one toilet and smaller bathroom
It’s also quiet noisy for could hear the Underground trains and next door pub

Large bottles of water , fruit and rather good biscuits and ALOT of toiletries !

A turn down service was also provided when we left for the lounge

Executive Lounge started evening service promptly at 5.30pm but the canapés and service (it was relatively busy but not full ) disappointing
English sparkling wine as previously mentioned and lots of good brand spirits (no Baileys ) Heard several guests complain about the service though
The mini vegetarian quiches were actually delicious as were the raspberry mini tarts
No bread and other canapés were roast beef and a steak tartare
Also offered bowls of crisps (!) some better quality biscuits and olives
We seem to get served promptly when second member of staff arrived (he remembered us ) and was offered final drink at 7.30pm before drinks removed

Breakfast was in the Blue Boar and at 8am quiet
Staff were excellent and the food offerings for Diamonds impressive
The Food & Beverage Manager who we’ve met before came over for a catch up
Fabio remembered our breakfast choices (though menu is slightly reduced ) I had avocado with two perfect poached eggs on sourdough with grilled tomatoes
My partner consumed salmon and scrabbled eggs and a veggie cheese omelette also
Coffee and orange juice very good also
They is a also a selection of cold items (diary, fruit, meat plates and salmon )
Given a bag of pastries and fruit salad to take away
Overall Breakfast was faultless it made our morning !

Restaurant will reopen in a few weeks

Back in a few weeks and good to note already upgraded !
Old May 24, 2021, 4:19 pm

Thanks for the recent reports.

I booked a lengthy points stay (diamond member) on a base room and was offered an upgrade to a one bedroom suite for GBP 60 per night. I took it. Thought it was a fair price.

For those who have posted recently, is there a preferred one bedroom suite? Or should I just trust what I'm assigned at OLCI?

Very impressed so far communicating with the hotel.
Old May 24, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Thanks for the recent reports.

I booked a lengthy points stay (diamond member) on a base room and was offered an upgrade to a one bedroom suite for GBP 60 per night. I took it. Thought it was a fair price.
I'd take that deal any day of the week, particularly as a long stay you are not likely to get a freebie.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I'd take that deal any day of the week, particularly as a long stay you are not likely to get a freebie.
Never stayed before and looking forward to it. I was told the upgrade would have been to an exec room and further to a junior suite based on availability and the spread between a junior and one bedroom is GBP 75 during my stay, so seemed like a good offer.

It's a terrible use of points as I'm getting slightly lower than .005 value but it feels like a good time to burn some points.
Old May 25, 2021, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Stayed at the Conrad St James over the weekend (Fri and Sat nights) for the first time since last September - was nice to be back! Booked a base room and got an upgrade to a Junior Suite the morning I was due to check in. Room was available on time (just before 3pm).

From a room perspective, it seemed very similar to my stays last year. Big bottles of water in the fridge, Nespresso machine etc. Only niggle was no milk both days - however a quick call resulted in a pint of milk being delivered (in a pint glass).

Housekeeping was as normal - turn down both evenings, and towels etc changed both days without requesting them (which was nice).

Love that breakfast is now in the Blue Boar Pub - nice having some daylight as you are eating. Good range of options as a Diamond Member. Service was a little disjointed (toast arriving after you’ve finished everything else, food arriving before the coffee etc). However it was nice to see some familiar faces!

Looking forward to being back again in a few weeks.

Last edited by ibbitsc; May 25, 2021 at 2:36 am Reason: Missing details !:)
Old May 25, 2021, 12:48 pm

Pleased to hear the lounge has reopened and is ‘almost’ back to normal! I know this isn’t the case at a lot of other properties with exec. lounges.
Old May 28, 2021, 5:19 am

Stayed last night (Thursday) and was quiet (it’s apparently going to be busy this weekend )

Pre upgraded to One Bedroom Deluxe Suite on the 6th floor from basic room - very large bathroom ,bedroom , lounge and another toilet

Executive Lounge was quiet (stayed until 7pm ) hot canapés (mini fish and chips ) veggie dish and salmon mousse nibble .
Crisps, nuts and savoury biscuits

Started with English Sparkling then champagne (that was good but couldn’t recall brand )

Service was slow and most guests pouring own drinks - given there were two staff slightly bemused at this and IMHO not comparable to the service that was provided temporarily downstairs

Was informed it’s probably two sittings this weekend in the lounge as want to manage expected numbers
Also there will be breakfast in the lounge

Requested turn down service - they didn’t do anything apart from a few more toiletries - odd

There was a bottle of Bollinger in the suite (nice touch !)

Fantastic breakfast good to see more staff back again tasty and given bag of pastries

Will be interesting to see progress with service in the Exec Lounge especially when hotel is busy
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
I have an Impresario booking coming up in December. I am wondering as a Diamond member, do they provide an alternative benefit as Impresario already includes breakfast. My only other Impresario stay has been Las Vegas and they provided an $50 per day additional food and beverage credit in lieu of Diamond breakfast.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by ECKOA6
I have an Impresario booking coming up in December. I am wondering as a Diamond member, do they provide an alternative benefit as Impresario already includes breakfast. My only other Impresario stay has been Las Vegas and they provided an $50 per day additional food and beverage credit in lieu of Diamond breakfast.
No, not from experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.