Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
It’s a bold attempt and a variety of programs have played hardball with elites
to sell the upgrade if they can or act as if there is no other way to be upgraded.
It is successful some of the time as I’ve seen others pay to do it
i find it insulting but many elites do pay up to something they would likely should but not guaranteed get for free with their loyalty
imo buying into the game spreads the bad business culture cancer further and encourages
the hotel to not reward loyalty.For that reason I never do it
Fixed that for you, which is why i will entertain such offers
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:54 am

I asked what the supplement would be from a base points room to a junior suite and I was quoted a diamond discount of GBP 100. Hotel is absolutely packed this summer. While I politely declined, I didn't think it was outrageous to secure it in advance. Hoping to get that junior suite anyway, but there's not much to be upgraded to.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:13 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Fixed that for you, which is why i will entertain such offers
I have my strategy which gets me the same or better results with no added costs 95% of the time
but it does take more time and effort in the hotels that respect long term frequency and especially
to their property
i do see the pleasure of immediate gratification and if the money comes easily to you why not?
I’d rather spend it on dining shopping etc but to that degree a personal choice and perhaps in high demand time a maybe
I buy first class tickets 20% of the time preferring my loyalty to do the work for upgrading most of the time or just confirming with a systemwide upgrade
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:53 am

Any reason this hotel would be showing sold out only on Tuesday nights in July?

Maybe should have taken the supplement offer.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Any reason this hotel would be showing sold out only on Tuesday nights in July?

Maybe should have taken the supplement offer.
post or pre cruise? I know that when I was there a few weeks ago, the hotel was somewhat full with Seabourn passengers one day
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:54 am

Has anyone done OLCI with a superior room and it says "It's your elite Honors upgrade!"

Not saying that's what I'll end up getting. Just strange language in the app.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:05 pm

Conrad St James vs Hilton Park Lane. Which is better for location, hotel services, diamond status recognition with lounge access, room upgrades, free breakfast etc, access to subways, room cleanliness, room comfort, etc

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by frugalsc
Conrad St James vs Hilton Park Lane. Which is better for location, hotel services, diamond status recognition with lounge access, room upgrades, free breakfast etc, access to subways, room cleanliness, room comfort, etc

Thanks!
Conrad hands down for all of the above.

Coming up.... all the PL apologists lol
frugalsc likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
From that list, the Conrad will generally score over Park Lane. Certainly on subway (Tube) access, the geography on that is reasonably fixed. The one where PL may be slightly better is room upgrades since it's a much bigger hotel (453 rooms compared to 256) whereas Conrad is often 100% occupied, with many paying for the better rooms.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I provided a comparison on the idential question posted on the Park lane thread.

Overall the Conrad is a better hotel and location for the above factors with the PL having the following plus points

Views from high level rooms
Less outdoor noise ( I had a high level room and heard nothing whereas at the Conrad I had a street view and heard some noise occasionally but not too bad- the Conrad interior view rooms might be quieter but will have poor views)
Evening snack better in the PL than conrad ( better and larger selection) but is in part of the restaurant compared to the separate Conrad lounge
Did not have any interaction wth PL staff apart from checkin and breakfast ( no issues) but all the staff at conrad were excellent.

Regards

TBS
frugalsc likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 9, 2022 at 4:00 am
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Overall the Conrad is a better hotel and location for the above factors with the PL having the following plus points

Views from high level rooms DITTO
Less outdoor noise ( I had a high level room and heard nothing whereas at the Conrad I had a street view and heard some noise occasionally but not too bad- the Conrad interior view rooms might be quieter but will have poor views) .. WE ACTUALLY WERE ON THE 1ST FLOOR AND YOU COULD FEEL THE TUBE UNDERNEATH BUT IT WAS FINE
Evening snack better in the PL than conrad ( better and larger selection) but is in part of the restaurant compared to the separate Conrad lounge
Did not have any interaction wth PL staff apart from checkin and breakfast ( no issues) but all the staff at conrad were excellent. STAFF ARE EXCELLENT AT CONRAD

JUST BOOKED another stay in October and am bringing associates with us. Great location for walking, tube, and bus lines.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:14 am

Finished a 10 night stay on points.

First 4 nights, no upgrade and room is tiny. Would not recommend for 2 people. Quiet room.

Final 6 nights upgraded to a junior suite in the construction zone which starts weekdays at 8 am sharp. Asked about that before moving and they sid there would be no impact. Not so. Very noisy.

Front desk staff amazing. Concierge and most bellhops snooty and unhelpful. Good luck getting a cab. I actually had a door person stop helping me mid-sentence when a "more important" guest rolled up and took off with him.

Breakfast and canapés in the lounge are garbage. Grey eggs. No sausage. No beans. No tomato. Forget anything close to a full English. No bread at the bottom of the bacon tray so just a pint of grease. Conditions also unsanitary. I told the lounge manager. Came back the next day. No change or cleaning.

Restaurant breakfast was satisfactory. Did not order off the a la carte menu.

Location, as others have mentioned is perfect.

All in all, 64k points a night (5th night free) for a junior suite they're charging GBP 900 a night for (and getting) is a steal. So while the stay was average to better than average, it was a great use of Hilton points when it's nearly impossible to find base rooms.
chrism20, hugolover and wizla like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:10 pm

Transport

Can anyone advise if st james Park tube has elevator to reach the street level? If not is there an alternative? Thinking of not wanting to carry large suitcase up the stairs
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No it hasn't got elevators and the station is not considered step-free, however the step count from platform to street level is quite low, 2 medium height flights of steps. It's one of the oldest parts of the tube and was built "cut and cover", it's only a few metres below ground level. Both neighbouring stations, Wesminster (nearer of the two) and Victoria are step free.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Perplexed

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Finished a 10 night stay on points.

First 4 nights, no upgrade and room is tiny. Would not recommend for 2 people. Quiet room.

Final 6 nights upgraded to a junior suite in the construction zone which starts weekdays at 8 am sharp. Asked about that before moving and they sid there would be no impact. Not so. Very noisy.

Front desk staff amazing. Concierge and most bellhops snooty and unhelpful. Good luck getting a cab. I actually had a door person stop helping me mid-sentence when a "more important" guest rolled up and took off with him.

Breakfast and canapés in the lounge are garbage. Grey eggs. No sausage. No beans. No tomato. Forget anything close to a full English. No bread at the bottom of the bacon tray so just a pint of grease. Conditions also unsanitary. I told the lounge manager. Came back the next day. No change or cleaning.

Restaurant breakfast was satisfactory. Did not order off the a la carte menu.

Location, as others have mentioned is perfect.

All in all, 64k points a night (5th night free) for a junior suite they're charging GBP 900 a night for (and getting) is a steal. So while the stay was average to better than average, it was a great use of Hilton points when it's nearly impossible to find base rooms.
I am genuinely shocked by this review. I've had 5 different stays at the Conrad St. James in the last 3 years and haven't had a single issue with any member of staff. Just a few weeks ago my cousin asked me what my favorite hotel is, and after much contemplation, I told her it was this hotel. It's not the flashiest or most fancy, but from the people to the location to the vibe to the bed comfort to the restaurant breakfast and everything else, it just seems to click. I even did a stay checking in late on Christmas night and staying though NYE and though the hotel was booked out, you would have never known it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.