Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Old Jun 23, 22, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
Itís a bold attempt and a variety of programs have played hardball with elites
to sell the upgrade if they can or act as if there is no other way to be upgraded.
It is successful some of the time as Iíve seen others pay to do it
i find it insulting but many elites do pay up to something they would likely should but not guaranteed get for free with their loyalty
imo buying into the game spreads the bad business culture cancer further and encourages
the hotel to not reward loyalty.For that reason I never do it
Fixed that for you, which is why i will entertain such offers
Old Jun 23, 22, 8:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
I asked what the supplement would be from a base points room to a junior suite and I was quoted a diamond discount of GBP 100. Hotel is absolutely packed this summer. While I politely declined, I didn't think it was outrageous to secure it in advance. Hoping to get that junior suite anyway, but there's not much to be upgraded to.
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:13 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul View Post
Fixed that for you, which is why i will entertain such offers
I have my strategy which gets me the same or better results with no added costs 95% of the time
but it does take more time and effort in the hotels that respect long term frequency and especially
to their property
i do see the pleasure of immediate gratification and if the money comes easily to you why not?
I’d rather spend it on dining shopping etc but to that degree a personal choice and perhaps in high demand time a maybe
I buy first class tickets 20% of the time preferring my loyalty to do the work for upgrading most of the time or just confirming with a systemwide upgrade
Old Yesterday, 8:53 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
Any reason this hotel would be showing sold out only on Tuesday nights in July?

Maybe should have taken the supplement offer.

Search this Thread