Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How many Hilton Honors points do you have and how you plan to use them?

How many Hilton Honors points do you have and how you plan to use them?

Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Hhonors points

I have 4.4 Million. Sounds like a ton (which it is) but with the redemption schedule it won't go as far as you might think..
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by sropera
I have 4.4 Million. Sounds like a ton (which it is) but with the redemption schedule it won't go as far as you might think..
Thats good enough for 3 years at some properties.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Thats good enough for 3 years at some properties.
Though probably not at any place someone who has traveled (or spent) enough to earn 4 mm points would want to be for 3 years

I had a bunch of good usages in the last 6 months and am down to under 3 mm.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
My wife and I have over a million. Just used 50K for night in San Diego and will use them later this summer in Boston when we visit her family. As others noted they go fast, a million is not much anymore.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Though probably not at any place someone who has traveled (or spent) enough to earn 4 mm points would want to be for 3 years

I had a bunch of good usages in the last 6 months and am down to under 3 mm.
I could live in Bali for 3 years. If they have some good promos, you might be able stay another 6-12 months.

Likely, you’d need to check out once a month or so, or at least change to a different Hilton account, to take advantage of the free award night in 5 night stays.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I have about 650k. My work travel typically allows us to do one reward points vacation a year, so this year we are flying 1st on Japan Airlines and doing 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond
500k...waiting for options to open up for Tokyo during Olympics in 2020, but not holding my breath...
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
I have 192K and will keep banking them any way I can. Not sure where I will go or how I will spend them.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:26 am
Suspended

I've got 2k and am saving for something aspirational like the Hampton Deming NM.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: HH D
It's not gonna work because Deming, NM is 10k. Yet I can recommend the Luna Mimbres Museum, although they have only 1 1/2 room dedicated to the Mimbres civilization. But the museum is huge and all run by very enthausiatic volunteers. You could do the city walking tour also. Also you could visit Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument from out of Deming and even El Paso or Truth or Consequences.

Personally I preferred to camp at the hot springs near Gila Cliff Dwellings and in the middle of the gipsium fields in White Sands National Monument. Then you can have a hot spring hotel in Truth or Consequences and visit Spaceport USA. (Like the one owned by Ted Turner).
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
New at this but have already massed 140k from stays alone since January. I also have nearly 200k in Amex Rewards which I shall transfer when there is a promo on.

I’m saving for a 5 night stay at the posh new place in the Maldives. I just wish they would hurry and launch a UK credit card.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
2.4 million points, only use them when the cash rate is absurdly high...
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I have about 250k points. I use them annually combined with two Amex free night certificates for our fall trip to Key West so I will stop accumulating for a while since our 2019 trip is already booked.

From time to time I use them for shorter stays like a couple of rooms at the DT Philadelphia this past NYE which had a decent redemption value.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
1.23 million all directly accrued by stays. I don't have a short term usage plan but I'm always looking.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
Just over 2 million. If they go as fast as the Waldorf Amsterdam took them, they won't last long.On the other hand, we have had some really good redemptions

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.