FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Have you hit all the Hilton properties in a city? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1591040-have-you-hit-all-hilton-properties-city.html)

poser Jul 2, 2014 8:47 pm

Have you hit all the Hilton properties in a city?

I have stayed at 13 of the 29 properties in San Diego(within 40 miles from SAN according to the website). We are down there a lot visiting my wife's family and I want to try to knock them all off but some of the resort fees might not allow that to happen.

fozziedoggie Jul 2, 2014 8:50 pm

I stayed at all Hilton properties in both Antwerp and Brussels....of course each city only has one Hilton property. :p

scubaccr Jul 2, 2014 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 23134591)
I stayed at all Hilton properties in both Antwerp and Brussels....of course each city only has one Hilton property. :p

18months ago Brussels had a Conrad, does it count if you only qualify for all in a city because the hotel u r missing leaves Hilton brands?

mr27 Jul 2, 2014 10:14 pm

San Francisco is the city where I've stayed at all Hilton properties including the ones
near SFO.

BotB Jul 3, 2014 8:16 am

I've managed a fair few in the London, Boston and Denver areas (where there are quite a few Hilton Chain hotels) but not all...I've also managed quite a few of the UK Hilton chain hotels and most of the German ones.

cblaisd Jul 3, 2014 8:26 am

Many times....

Salida, CO
Canon City, CO
Kayenta, AZ
Alamosa, CO
Farmington NM
Deming NM
Alamogordo NM
Show Low, AZ
Cedar City, UT
Castle Rock, CO
Mountain Home ID
Rawlins WY

to name a few :D

kempis Jul 3, 2014 1:05 pm

I have stayed at all properties in Stockholm :), on a more serious note I have stayed at all three properties in Barcelona.

sdsearch Jul 3, 2014 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by poser (Post 23134576)
I have stayed at 13 of the 29 properties in San Diego(within 40 miles from SAN according to the website). We are down there a lot visiting my wife's family and I want to try to knock them all off but some of the resort fees might not allow that to happen.

And the point of doing that would be what??? :confused:

Aren't some of them inconvenient for visiting your wife's family? What't the point of staying at a less-convenient hotel just to be able to say (to whom???) that you stayed there.

It's an irrelevant metric, given so many other cities with only one or two HHonors properties, where it's so much easier to achieve.

I bet most people who are longtime HHonors members have stayed (at the Hhonors property) in at least one city where there was only one. So I suspect most of us have hit all the Hilton properties in some city!

cblaisd Jul 3, 2014 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 23138713)
I bet most people who are longtime HHonors members have stayed (at the Hhonors property) in at least one city where there was only one. So I suspect most of us have hit all the Hilton properties in some city!

Yup. A few such are listed in my post above:

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 23136795)
Many times....

Salida, CO
Canon City, CO

davie355 Jul 3, 2014 3:23 pm

Closest I've come is the Chicago area.

Palmer House Hilton
Homewood Suites Downtown
Embassy Suites Lakefront
Hilton Orrington
DoubleTree North Shore
Embassy Suites Rosemont
Hilton Garden Inn ORD
Hilton ORD
DoubleTree Oak Brook
Embassy Suites North Shore
Homewood Suites Lincolnshire

CMK10 Jul 3, 2014 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 23138713)
And the point of doing that would be what??? :confused:

Aren't some of them inconvenient for visiting your wife's family? What't the point of staying at a less-convenient hotel just to be able to say (to whom???) that you stayed there.

It's an irrelevant metric, given so many other cities with only one or two HHonors properties, where it's so much easier to achieve.

Eh, I think it's fun to do stuff like that. I'm a completist who loves both trying new things and completing lists. Plus, I review all the hotels I stay at for FT and TA and new places is fun.

To answer the OP's question, I have not come close anywhere. I think the most properties I have in any city is probably the Phoenix area where I have:

- PHX Airport HGI
- HGI Phoenix Midtown
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak
- Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- Hilton Scottsdale
- Doubletree Paradise Valley
- Doubltree Suites PHX Airport

Plus a couple of closed properties.

Stewie Mac Jul 4, 2014 6:47 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 23134591)

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 23134680)
18months ago Brussels had a Conrad, does it count if you only qualify for all in a city because the hotel u r missing leaves Hilton brands?

And three years ago a second Hilton (Hilton Brussels, now THEhotel). I actually stayed in all three.

Although easier ones were Nairobi and Addis Ababa...

RCTP Jul 4, 2014 8:28 pm

I've stayed at all Hilton brand properties in Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau. :-P

Hvr Jul 4, 2014 9:27 pm

All of the Bangkok (4), Melbourne (2) and Sydney (1) properties. Oh and Rapid City as well.

lowjhg Jul 4, 2014 11:24 pm

Ive stayed at all hiltons in New Zealand. The only city that I've fully stayed in is MEL.