Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:04 pm

Does anyone have any updates for this hotel? It states on the website that it will open in September 2017, but it is not accepting any reservations.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by PedroNY
Does anyone have any updates for this hotel? It states on the website that it will open in September 2017, but it is not accepting any reservations.
I walk/jog past this place once or twice each week. Although, it tends to be before 7am when no one is around. It's hard to know exactly what's happening because all the work is inside the building.

The lowest guest room floors appear to be fully furnished. But, it's been like that for a month or two.

If the rain stays away until 8am like forecasted, I'll go over and check it out this morning after the sun comes up. I'll see if I can find a gap in the construction fence to see the status the lobby and grounds.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:56 am

I know it's pretty much impossible to see in this photo, but the rooms in the lower section are furnished. They also seem to be adding window coverings to the glass doors onto the balconies.

Again, it's difficult to see because the windows are tinted. But, there are stacks of chairs and other furnishings here in what I believe is the main lobby.

And just because it's a nice photo, here's the sun rise as taken from directly in front of the Conrad this morning.

Of course, none of that helps answer the question about when the hotel might open.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I can't recall a hotel that has taken so long to open, it was years ago a Conrad Fort Lauderdale was first mentioned as coming soon.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:36 am

I appreciate the post and pictures, thank you.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The Conrad Fort Lauderdale is now accepting reservations starting December 21st of this year.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
I decided to take a chance and book a weekend here in January with my 2 weekend certificates. The standard room is an ocean view junior suite (although it may actually be a "Four Seasons construction view").

They have a draconian 7 day cancellation policy. Here's hoping it's open and running halfway decently by then!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by PHLisa
I decided to take a chance and book a weekend here in January with my 2 weekend certificates. The standard room is an ocean view junior suite (although it may actually be a "Four Seasons construction view").
Certainly lots can change in 5 months. But, I went past the Four Seasons site on Tuesday and it's still just an empty lot. (All the buildings in the photo are now gone.) There are no signs of any construction happening.

Originally Posted by PHLisa
They have a draconian 7 day cancellation policy. Here's hoping it's open and running halfway decently by then!
I was curious so I checked a weekend in January at the Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale. That's the only AAA rated 5-Diamond property in Fort Lauderdale. I'm assuming they will be the Conrad's primary competition. The Ritz-Carlton also has a 7-day cancelation policy.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I'll be here for a few nights later this month. Any experiences with breakfast?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Great 4 night stay here recently. Booked two paid rooms for 3 adults and 2 kids, one king cabana room and one two queen ocean front. At check in i inquired about an upgrade for the second room and received a full 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with an island kitchen, at the back of the building with a south and west view and full wraparound balcony. It was great, space for the kids in the suite and the convenience of the cabana room poolside. Both rooms received Diamond bennys at 2 breakfast coupons per room per night, which were good for up to $20 each at the onsite restaurant Terre Mar. A little overpriced - you could easily spend $25-30 pp before the coupon but netting out to <$10 for an ala carte isn't too bad. (There was a continental option at $20 even .) The brekkie coupons could also be used at the onsite gourmet market but only for breakfast items during breakfast hours, Also one coupon per night for a drink in the bar and invites to a daily manager's reception/wine tasting (we never made it.)

Staff described the property as in a soft opening period. It showed a bit in that at times it appeared there were too many personnel and not sure of what each should be doing. But all very friendly and helpful.

Obligatory resort charge of $35 per room- and $45 per day parking- were know in advance but need to be budgeted.

A welcome new option and i hope to be back soon.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Just returned from my 2nd stay in 6 weeks since it opened and needless to say, well, I can't say enough. First time I was just there while en route from my home in Naples to Nassau in the Bahamas. Immediately said to myself, this place is nice, very nice, the RZ Fort Lauderdale has been de-throned as numero uno in Fort Lauderdale. So booked a stay with my grandchildren for the Thanksgiving weekend in a Junior Suite lanai. 660 sq feet of space with the pool literally steps away from our room There are a few annoyances like the $45 parking charge which while I am accustomed to $30-$39 with South Florida hotels from Palm Beach to Miami the Conrad is over greedy and set a new record for parking in this state. The restaurant, Terre Mar, the menu is a bit bizarre for most tastes an could be best described as a little funky. Interesting in that it has a children's menu for lunch and dinner but not for breakfast. So we proceed to walk a block south to the Hilton where for $29 per adult and $12 per child we enjoyed an extensive breakfast buffet equivalent to a high end brunch.

The Breakers and the Four Seasons in Palm Beach have been our family favorites but due to the existence of a certain famous resident, Palm Beach is not the place to be when he is in town. Hence we are looking forward to several holiday visits to the Conrad in the coming year.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:44 pm

would you go here of Boca Beach Club with a 6 year old?
Re "the kitchen" is there pedestrian life right outside the hotel door where on may buy groceries?
Or is everything geared to driving like most of South Florida,

I assume that normally a business hotel. But over the " festive week" in December , I'm assuming families?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just got email about this property, guess it's open. Didn't know about it otherwise. Good news!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by writetorich
Re "the kitchen" is there pedestrian life right outside the hotel door where on may buy groceries? Or is everything geared to driving like most of South Florida,
The road this hotel sits upon has pedestrians on it from sunrise through 2am. Depending upon what you're looking, you could stay at a hotel along Fort Lauderdale beach without a car and have a perfectly lovely vacation. There are dozens of restaurants within walking distance. You can take a short ride on a bus, taxi, trolley, or water taxi over to the Las Olas/Downtown area for more restaurants, shopping, nightlife (although not with a 6 year old), and museums. There is also the Galleria Mall off Sunrise Blvd that has shopping and upscale dining. That mall is about 1.2 miles from the Conrad Fort Lauderdale.

You can't walk to a grocery store, however.

There is a 24 hour CVS that would have minimal groceries located in Marriott's Beach Place. According to Bing Maps, it's 0.7 miles to walk. The closest actual grocery store is Publix across the street from the Galleria Mall. As noted above, it's 1.2 miles away.

CVS: https://www.cvs.com/store-locator/de...irections/6037
Publix: Publix at Galleria, #1297 Fort Lauderdale, FL Publix Super Markets

Originally Posted by writetorich
I assume that normally a business hotel. But over the " festive week" in December , I'm assuming families?
I honestly don't think any of the Fort Lauderdale Beach hotels would consider themselves business hotels. I'm not saying you'd never see a business person or small meetings, but all those hotels are essentially leisure destinations.

You will see families as well as adults seeking evening entertainment. There are a healthy number of bars and night spots along the beach. It's only wild during Spring Break. But, if you're out later at night, you will encounter people having fun with adult beverages.

That said, the bulk of the nightclubs in Fort Lauderdale are located in the Las Olas/Downtown area.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by worldspan
The restaurant, Terre Mar, the menu is a bit bizarre for most tastes an could be best described as a little funky. Interesting in that it has a children's menu for lunch and dinner but not for breakfast. So we proceed to walk a block south to the Hilton where for $29 per adult and $12 per child we enjoyed an extensive breakfast buffet equivalent to a high end brunch.
This vague but negative comment had me a bit concerned, so I looked up the menu (PDF warning). I'm not sure how pancakes, omelets and smoothies qualify as "bizarre for most tastes". It looks pretty traditional to me and everything on the food menu except the "pileup" is <$20. I mean, yeah, it's overpriced, but the comments in this thread had me thinking I wouldn't be able to get a decent breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.