Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lcohen999
The Marriott down the street also has a $30 resort fee.

It is completely garbage but I suspect the 'standard' in that area
Yes the W next door has a similar crazy fee! I’m not sure how many years hotels will get away with charging such a fee...it wouldn’t happen in Europe.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Just wrapping up a great stay here. We got upgraded to a very nice two bedroom panoramic suite with a huge terrace and amazing views after asking and mentioning our preferred view. Wonderfully comfortable bed and spotless well decorated suite. We booked a base room on points. The hotel does not proactively upgrade in my experience (and from reading TripAdvisor reviews) but was very accommodating after asking and our room was phenomenal. The terrace was spectacular and made for a very nice room service dinner one night. I would suggest asking to stay on the south side of the building - the views are much better than the north side. No ability to select a room in advance and floor maps aren’t in the app.

All the food on property is great. As others have mentioned, 20/pp up to two credit per day for breakfast. We took it in the restaurant one day and the cafe the other - good food. Service at the pool was top notch too. They have complimentary wine and cheese from 4-6 everyday for diamonds and golds.

We very much enjoyed our spa treatments, but don’t have high expectations for the facility itself. It was very small and disappointing for a new construction hotel. The “Relaxation room” was just 4 chairs in a small nook at the end of a hallway. The locker room is very tiny (mens at least) and cant really fit more than 2 people in there at a time. Nice quiet treatment rooms though.

Excellent service all around and friendly/helpful staff. We will definitely be back.

Last edited by Michael19887; Feb 4, 2018 at 10:53 am
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Did you enjoy that wonderful beach with no road in between the resort and beach as per renderings
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Did you enjoy that wonderful beach with no road in between the resort and beach as per renderings
Ha! Despite what their photos want you to believe, the A1A is most certainly still there.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Michael19887
We very much enjoyed our spa treatments, but don’t have high expectations for the facility itself. It was very small and disappointing for a new construction hotel.
The building that is now the Conrad Fort Lauderdale has a long and strange history. Originally, it was going to be a Trump-branded residential hotel project that involved Felix Sater. Lots of people lost lots of money when the project went into foreclosure. The outside of the building and inside structural walls were completed but it sat empty for many years. As such, I'm not sure the Conrad qualifies as completely "new" construction.

Anyway, my point is that the Conrad folks were probably constrained a bit by the existing layout. They may had to fit their facilities into what was already built. Not that I'm excusing a disappointing spa. Rather, I'm presenting a possible reason why it wasn't as grand as you may have hoped.

PS: Thanks for visiting Fort Lauderdale. Too many Floridians seem to forget that one reason we don't have state income tax is due to our tourism industry.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta, SPG, Hyatt
I just booked a stay here for next week. I've never been to Fort Lauderdale. How is it crossing that road to get to the beach? Is there a specific walkway away from the traffic?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by dchrist475
I just booked a stay here for next week. I've never been to Fort Lauderdale. How is it crossing that road to get to the beach? Is there a specific walkway away from the traffic?
Crossing A1A to the beach isn't bad. There are crosswalks on both sides of the Conrad as well as at most all cross streets and hotels up and down A1A. A1A is a 35mph zone tops through the beach, and there is always lots of foot traffic crossing over as a majority of the major hotels sit across the street from the beach similar to the Conrad. It's not as if you have to dodge traffic on a busy highway or wait for a once every 5 minute walk sign .
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:56 pm

The speed limit is 30mph in that area. Here's a Bing Maps streetside image looking north on A1A. The Conrad Fort Lauderdale is on the left side (still behind construction fences when this was taken). You can see a regular crosswalk here. On the opposite end of the hotel, there's a traffic light with a crosswalk signal.

Image source: https://binged.it/2FeJois

Traffic is usually pretty mellow out there. Unlike many places in South Florida, there will be pedestrians walking along that stretch of A1A from before sunrise to as late as 1 or 2am.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Enjoyable stay over the weekend, and got a stuffed dolphin! Room was excellent, staff amazing. Will post pic of dolphin when technology allows at Stuffed Toys from Conrad Hotels...which ones do you have?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I am considering a two night stay here in mid November. I'm a Diamond. Are people pretty darn happy here? Do Diamonds get treated well? I went to a number of Hiltons, Hilton Garden Inns, and Hilton Expresses as a Diamond, and never got anything-however, they were always in the States. When I went to the Conrad in Hong Kong, I was treated like a queen.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
I don't know what a Hilton Express is. As a Diamond for Garden Inn, you get breakfast, or bonus points. Not sure what else you think you should get...
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Obligatory resort charge of $35 per room- and $45 per day parking- were know in advance but need to be budgeted.

That parking fee sounds steep, even for the area. Anyone have experience with nearby garages or other options for a break on parking? I had a BMG cert I need to burn this month*, and hate to pay more for my car to stay than myself.

On that note: I'm thinking a little leisurely drive from Miami to Orlando next week, so have either the MIA or the FLL Conrads to choose from to use the cert. Opinions?

TDM

*Yes. Yes. I know I should have used the BMG in Tokyo. I feel terrible wasting it domestically.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
That parking fee sounds steep, even for the area. Anyone have experience with nearby garages or other options for a break on parking?
With the exception of other hotels, I don't know of any legitimate options. All the beach parking areas are either permit-only or hourly. City-owned parking facilities either have maximum hour restrictions (4-8 hours), are closed overnight, or both. Parking Enforcement in Fort Lauderdale is very aggressive.

Fort Lauderdale Beach Parking: City of Fort Lauderdale, FL : Public Beach Parking

I hate the concept of paying for parking at a hotel. That said, this really is a case where the developer had to devote significant square footage to provide parking for the building. While the $45 rate is on the high side, it's not out of the ballpark. The midscale Courtyard by Marriott a little further south charges $36/night. The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach about 2 blocks away charges $42/night.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
I don't know what a Hilton Express is. As a Diamond for Garden Inn, you get breakfast, or bonus points. Not sure what else you think you should get...
At the rate they have been adding brands there may well be a Hilton Express on the horizon
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by Runner123
I am considering a two night stay here in mid November. I'm a Diamond. Are people pretty darn happy here? Do Diamonds get treated well? I went to a number of Hiltons, Hilton Garden Inns, and Hilton Expresses as a Diamond, and never got anything-however, they were always in the States. When I went to the Conrad in Hong Kong, I was treated like a queen.
Originally Posted by Miesque
At the rate they have been adding brands there may well be a Hilton Express on the horizon
I see the poster I originally quoted has not returned. I was looking to confirm their post was a standard "I am a Diamond and I never get anything" rant even though they stay in hotels where Diamond aren't supposed to get much beyond breakfast or extra points. And then to not get anything special in a hotel chain that doesn't even exist...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.