Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria {US-OR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria {US-OR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria {US-OR}

Our one night stay at the Hampton Inn in Astoria, OR, was terrific. We were given a nice sized waterfront room with a balcony. I have no idea when this hotel opened but it still smelled new. It was spotlessly clean. When I commented on how nice the hotel was to the FD clerk she said, "We love our little place here and think it's pretty special" and you could tell that they did. Breakfast was in a nice room overlooking the water and had an adequate amount of offerings (eggs, bacon, oatmeal, etc.)

The FD clerk recommended the restaurant Baked Alaska and it was excellent.

I'd like to get back there one of these days. Everything about it was great.

Bobette
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
This Hampton is something real special, right on the Columbia river front. You can watch the river traffic from your room. The dock next to it has the Bumble Bee Canning Museum.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
I haven't stayed at that hotel, but I did notice it was right on the water about 2 miles down from the main part of the riverwalk there in town. Some nice restaurants there and the view from "The Astoria Column" is amazing.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:42 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Hampton Inn, Astoria, Oregon

A two-night stay earlier this week for an anniversary trip....

Appears to be a very new property. Unlike most Hamptons, is actually architecturally interesting. GREAT staff (every one of them remembered us by name and mentioned our anniversary). Was upgraded on a reward stay to a 3rd floor room with a balcony overlooking the Columbia River. Lovely views. Only oddity in such a nice property is the lack of electrical outlets -- I thought all new Hamptons were supposed to have the nice 4 outlet + USB device on the bedstand.

Breakfast the usual mediocre brand-standards fare (in a place like Astoria, Hilton corporate really ought to allow some local initiative with some local delicacies!!). (And there really really ought to always be a separate breakfast meat available!)

Anyway, those complaints are more with the corporate brand-stadards than with the hotel itself. The Astoria Riverfront Trolley stops right behind the hotel (where there is a lovely outddor eating area overlooking the river).

Would be happy to go back
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thanks, we haven't been to Astoria in ages. Worth a look.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: Costco Club
Anyone stay here recently? If so, what was the experience like?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Anyone stay here recently? If so, what was the experience like?
I stayed there about a year ago for one night. I paid extra to ensure a waterfront room with balcony, and had a very nice view!

Lots of stuff in walking distance in the area, and Astoria seems kind of cool - next time I will stay longer!
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:31 am

I've stayed there many times and it's consistently good. Not right in the heart of Astoria but it's not like it's a huge place. Really nice to walk along the river and laugh at the sea lions. My go-to hotel every year for the Festival of Dark Arts beer fest.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I haven't been in years (to Astoria, not the Hampton, we stayed in a B&B) but I recall being impressed with the Maritime Museum. At the time they had a movie on the pilot boats on the Columbia that we almost skipped because who cares about pilot boats on the Columbia? - but it was fascinating how treacherous that river is. There is also a small museum (that we haven't been to) about movies made in the area, I'm guessing Goonies and Kindergarten Cop are represented.

Let us know how the hotel was because we might take a drive up there, too, one of these days.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 5:52 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Stayed here last weekend. Great stay, very clean. Awesome balcony view!! Definitely recommend the balcony river view room. A lot of stuff in Astoria is closed but there's still a ton to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.