Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What was your first Hilton stay?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
For me it was the recently demolished Los Angeles Hilton. The experience turned very sour when my class ring got swiped. Security never got it back.
Old May 22, 2014, 8:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Fun fact: Flyertalk's Facebook page featured this thread as a status!
Old May 22, 2014, 9:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Paris Hilton - Memorial Day weekend 2013. One thing I recall is that the front desk clerk greeted me in English before I opened my mouth. Wow - that obvious I thought. We could see the Eiffel Tower from our balcony which made my g/f (now my wife) so happy. Also remember watching them play soccer across the street.

I wasn't a HHonors member, but did get an early check-in. We must have arrived around 8:00AM and only had to wait a little while for our room.
2013? Oui... mais non, mon ami; ce n'est pas possible. The Hilton Paris on avenue de Suffren became a (Accor) Pullman property 1 Jan 2009, iirc. 2003?

Hotel Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower
Old May 22, 2014, 9:56 pm

delete

Last edited by davie355; Apr 24, 2020 at 2:07 am
Old May 23, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
First ever Group Brand stay was DT LHR
First Hilton was Brussels
First Conrad was Bangkok
First WA will be Amsterdam this coming August.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
First ever Group Brand Stay: Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades Nov 2009
First Conrad Stay: Conrad Centennial Singapore Oct 2012
First Hilton Stay: Hilton Millennium Bangkok Dec 2012
Old May 23, 2014, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Hilton Washington Summer 2009. Wonderful stay
Old May 23, 2014, 1:06 am
NCL

Programs: HH Diamond, BA blue, Virgin flying club silver, Skywards silver, SPG Platinum, Marriott silver.
Signed up to HHonors in September 1999, stayed 3 nights at the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador and 2 weeks later a gold card landed on the door mat!
Old May 23, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Pretty sure it was the Hilton Windhoek in 2012.

Newly minted gold through Virgin Australia, ended up with the presidential suite for my one night stay.

Shame that set the bar high for the rest of my subsequent Hilton stays elsewhere in the world
Old May 23, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
My first and only stay under Hilton: Hilton Singapore, 2001.
A largely disappointing stay unfortunately.
Old May 23, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
DT Guest Suites Houston Galleria in 1998.

Stayed all over the place back then, but comped to gold in 2003 and Hilton Orlando Walt Disney with family and complimentary executive lounge access opened my eyes to brand loyalty. Been non-stop diamond since 2004.

Still always stay at that DT when in Houston and have stayed over 400 nights at that hotel.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
San Francisco Downtown Hilton and San Diego Mission Bay Hilton, summer 1969, as part of a family summer vacation.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
After having thought long and hard, I think my first Hilton stay was Hilton Budapest, the castle property.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Hilton Leeds in 2000 or 2001 for a graduate job interview with IBM.

They didn't book the property, they just gave us a £50 accommodation allowance. I seem to recall that the Ibis was £2 more through Expedia. A lot of my stays have been like that.

I got through that round but didn't get the job because frankly I talked myself out of it with my presentation - and it wouldn't have been right for me.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 5:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I definitely had stayed at a Hilton chain hotel for work before this mention but they were simply conference hotels and I wasn't aware of the various FF programs so the most convenient hotels were what I would choose...

The first time I remember staying at a Hilton was in Bremen sometime between 2005 and 2007 for a conference and a friend had made me aware of the Hhonors program just before that during a trip to the US so I had made silver for my stay at the Bremen hotel, which i was rather chuffed about

It was a great hotel (much better than the US Hiltons I had stayed in up to that point), very conveniently located and I received a nice upgrade at the time (first upgrade I had received as well with Hilton).

The reason I remember it though is that on the first night I was coming back to the hotel and was surprised to see a massive queue of people waiting outside the hotel with an empty red carpet running to the door....

At first I waited along with the people to see what was going on, then after about 10 minutes I decided I'd had enough and just wanted to go inside to my room so started into the hotel (had to use the red carpet)...of course, just then the coach arrived from one of the German bundesliga teams, that apparently were staying there that night as well...They were very nice and had a whole floor to themselves but did chat with one or two during breakfast the next morning. ^

I'm no football fan but it was interesting to see the fanfare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.