Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2 night stay, 2 different rooms categories reserved, room change a must?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR

The hotel we want to book for 2 nights doesn't have a standard 2Q award (30K) available for the first night, only a premium view 2Q (61,319). There is a standard 2Q award available for the 2nd night. Because this is the most convenient hotel for our plans, I'm reluctantly willing to pay 91K for the 2 nights, even if it means getting the lesser view room, but I really don't want to have to change rooms. If that is going to be given, I'll stay somewhere else for the first night... If there is decent chance we'll be able to keep the same room, I'll go for it.

Anyone have any experience with this? Any advice on getting this settled in advance?

TIA for your input.
Old May 14, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Call the hotel in advance during normal working hours. Ask them what they can do for you.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Call the hotel in advance during normal working hours. Ask them what they can do for you.
Before booking the 2 reservations or after?
Old May 14, 2014, 7:11 pm

Highly likely you will get to keep the view room the second night. You would only be moved if the hotel needed the room to fulfill a booking by somebody who is paying for the upgrade and there isn't a vacant room available. Put "request to keep same room" in the comments.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I agree the property will try to accomodate you so as to keep the better room for both nights, subject to availability.

But- as with asking others to switch seats on a flight to sit with a friend or colleague- if you are prepared to take the lesser option your odds of getting what you want are increased.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Before booking the 2 reservations or after?
I would call them before booking. If moving rooms is a deal breaker might as well find out sooner rather than later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.