Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just got another email from a Hilton welcoming me, Dietmar, for an upcoming stay and reminding me that I have over 900,000 points. Only I'm not Dietmar. It's been a few months since I got one of these, but it's clear that Hilton still has a long way to go to clean up their security act.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: WN A-List, HHonors Diamond
Hilton Hacked?? news story

FYI

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/0.../?intcmp=hpbt3
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: WN A-List, HHonors Diamond
While the story posted is from a different source, I didn't see that it was already being discussed in another thread. My apologies.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
This is still happening. Maybe if I out the customers something will get done?

OK, Philip who has a reservation on Oct 11th and is a Diamond member with 238594 points in his account, Hilton is copying me on your reservations. I will leave off your last name and HH Account number here, but if you see this please raise the issue with Hilton.

There are a bunch of others who I get copied on. All Diamonds and some with millions of points. I have their full names and HH account numbers because of course Hilton includes those in the emails they send out.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:59 pm

Hilton Worldwide press release regarding POS malware:

http://news.hiltonworldwide.com/inde...m/detail/29692

As a precautionary measure, customers may wish to review and monitor their payment card statements if they used a payment card at a Hilton Worldwide hotel over a seventeen-week period, from November 18 to December 5, 2014 or April 21 to July 27, 2015.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:44 am

Millions of Hilton hotels customers told to check bank accounts

Millions of Hilton hotels customers told to check bank accounts after chain reveals it was victim of hackers who targeted credit card information

• The malware targeted specific card payment information through hotel tills
• The US firm did not say whether data had actually been taken
• It also declined to state which British hotels had been involved
• The hack took place between November 18 and December 5, 2014, and April 21 and July 27, 2015. Card users are told to check their accounts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3sbJcYQAP
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:37 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Thanks for the updates, it's good to know. ^
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Angry

Last week I spent one night at Hilton and also made a P&M-award reservation to another Hilton.

Today I got a call from my credit card company that they due to a data breach towards Hilton, they are forced to cancel my current CC.

This is very inconvenient, as I now don’t have a working credit card thanks to Hilton. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again in the future....

what's more, I later found out that this also caused a severe problem with my car rental, as Sixt wasn't able to block a deposit from my credit card as
the credit card company had tighten the security limits of my card automatically due to this Hilton data breach. Really annoying!

Last edited by Karjaluokka; Jun 14, 2016 at 6:37 am
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT
How can I tell if 1.5 million points expired or 0 points is a glitch?

Husband's account was at around 1.5 million points last Oct and he recalls buying points in 2015.

I'm looking at 0 points in his account right now (everything is 0) and I can't tell if we let them expire in the past few months or if it's a glitch.

Does the points activity screen normally show activity beyond a year -- would it show he purchased points in early 2015? Or does the screen normally only show activity in the past 12 months?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
No. Your account should only show points earned and stays for the previous 12 months.

You should call HH.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...thread-28.html
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
No. Your account should only show points earned and stays for the previous 12 months.

You should call HH.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...thread-28.html
That's not at all what I wanted to hear.... Thanks for your response. Do you know if the program has been recently offering challenges to re-activate some expired points or is that a thing of the past?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by fishee
That's not at all what I wanted to hear.... Thanks for your response. Do you know if the program has been recently offering challenges to re-activate some expired points or is that a thing of the past?
If you look at the FAQ thread (stickied near the top) there is a link to the "Help my points have expired" thread.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by fishee
Husband's account was at around 1.5 million points last Oct and he recalls buying points in 2015.

I'm looking at 0 points in his account right now (everything is 0) and I can't tell if we let them expire in the past few months or if it's a glitch.

Does the points activity screen normally show activity beyond a year -- would it show he purchased points in early 2015? Or does the screen normally only show activity in the past 12 months?
Thanks for your replies! I just wanted to update that a phone call clarified that his points had expired 3 weeks prior and they let him buy some points to re-instate all his points. Huge relief, thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:14 am

[Advice] HHonors Account was Hacked and Closed

I don't where else I can help on this issue. I have tried to contact Hilton Customer Service for almost 3 months, but it's getting nowhere.

My account was hacked in October. They changed my email and everything on my account. I didn't know that my account was hacked until the end of the November when I tried to redeem an award stay. The customer service told me to contact Hilton Lost Prevention.

I emailed Hilton Lost Prevention in December 1st, 2016. I received no response from them even though they said within 7-10 business days. I contacted Hilton Customer Service again January 12th and they created a special message for Lost Prevention.

Lost Prevention finally replied and said that I sold hotel stays/reservations to guests on a website - which I never did! My account was hacked and hacker used my account for these suspicious activity.

I contacted Hilton Again on January 19th to ask whether Lost Prevention Team can do to restore my account. No email followup at all. I called on again February 13th, and they said Lost Prevention will not assist further with the investigation and it's closed period.

I had 150,000+ Hilton Points in the account and Hilton wouldn't investigate into the issue. I have 2 credit cards (Citi and Amex) linked to the HHonor Account. Almost 3 months of calling Hilton, What should I do at this point?

Timeline
Oct. 21st - An email notification that account email has been changed

Nov. 30th - tried to book a stay, but customer couldn't find the account

Dec. 1st - Called Hilton Customer Service, informed account is closed. Told to contact Lost Prevention. I emailed Lost Prevention on the same day
Dec. 15th - After 10 business days, I sent a reminder to Lost Prevention
Jan. 11th - No responses after 30+ days, I called Hilton and they sent a message to Lost Prevention
Jan. 12th - finally received an email from Lost Prevention stating that my account was closed due to suspicion activity
Jan. 27 - Called Hilton again and see what Lost Prevention can do to restore my account
Feb. 13 - Called Hilton again, and this time they said Lost Prevention wrote in the message to refer to the email that was sent out on Jan 12.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Sorry about your loss of points, but the first question that you will be asked by others is why did it take you almost 6 weeks to contact them after you received an email notification that your email address has been changed knowing that you did not make such a change? If you had immediately contacted them and said that you didn't make the change, things would probably have worked out much better for you in the end.
As it stands now, I don't see any other recourse for you. Loss prevention has closed your account for good and refuse to even consider reopening it. Maybe someone else has an idea that may help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.