Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Log in broken earlier this morning. Now I can log in and points, nights, reservations, etc. back to normal. Why does this feel like a victory?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Log in broken earlier this morning. Now I can log in and points, nights, reservations, etc. back to normal. Why does this feel like a victory?
My sentiments as well being finally to be functional again
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:40 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by MrLee
Touch wood it's back up and running again. I can login and all of my points are there.
whew! Same here. Res. canceled and a new one booked in its place.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Is it unrealistic to think that they should at least put a notice on the main page? I mean the whole site isn't down so surely a little note could be added to say they're looking into it, etc?
That is the crux of the issue here. Hilton has a communication problem. Why let your loyal customers needlessly panic?

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
...and now without the app to show my next OLCI, I can't remember which hotel I'm supposed to be driving to tonight! #SlightlyInconvenient

In your case, if you call Hilton's main CS line, they can tell you whatever you need to know. All the info is backed up, otherwise we all we be screwed.

Originally Posted by stargold
Thinking logically, if someone had hacked the account and transferred to miles or redeemed for rooms, it would be very unusual to be left with zero, because redemptions are priced in 000's so you will always have a little bit left over (unless somehow you had achieved a round number by accident).

So I would be more worried if it said, say, 328 instead of 80,328, rather than if it said zero.
You hit the nail on the head. When it says "0", its an IT issue every time.

Last edited by eajusa; Mar 4, 2015 at 8:41 am
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Touch wood it's back up and running again. I can login and all of my points are there.
If you call and ask what happened, they will claim they were doing site maintenance. Really? Most sites do their maintenance during the wee hours of a Saturday or Sunday morning (based on the IT's time zone).

Originally Posted by ScrodmanFL
Well, now I cannot login at all!!!

Tried usual method with HHonors #, PIN, clicking I am not a robot and typing the captcha code and clicking Sign In takes me back to the sign in page.

Tried the new username/password I created a couple weeks, same thing.

This is just lovely!
When you can't login that usually means they are in the midst of putting all your points back together. As unbelievable as it may seem, they have to go back and put each stay, and every other point earning occurrence back into your account one at a time. They do this in chronological order. That happened to me back in 2013.

Last edited by eajusa; Mar 4, 2015 at 8:37 am
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Strange but seems to be working fine now
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Mine does as well. At first I thought they'd fingered me as some sort of fraudster, but the moment passed on to accepting it as a glitch.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Last two days it seems to be working again. Would be nice for HH to put a banner on the homepage saying they are doing maintenance and account info might not be working instead of scaring everyone.

HH should know that non-functioning websites drive people to book at other hotels.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
I freaked out also, zero points etc.

I actually went onto cancel a booking, which of course I could not do as it was not showing. in this case it was fine as its a couple of weeks away and have done it now, but what would they have done if it fell within the 24 hour cancellation window?

Surely they cant ping you for not cancelling a booking which according to their website didn't exist!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:53 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Diamond for 10 years(2004-2014),Hilton Gold,Club Carlson gold
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
I freaked out also, zero points etc.

I actually went onto cancel a booking, which of course I could not do as it was not showing. in this case it was fine as its a couple of weeks away and have done it now, but what would they have done if it fell within the 24 hour cancellation window?

Surely they cant ping you for not cancelling a booking which according to their website didn't exist!
Could have call them
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by angusho
Could have call them
Not sure I agree its the customer's problem in this case.

If hte website has a problem whose responsibility is it? If their website, after correctly logging in shows no booking, is it the customers fault or Hiltons?

And, I could imagine a situation where a customer could reasonably assume that if no booking is showing then maybe that their partner or PA etc had cancelled the booking.

Point is I guess, will Hilton accept responsibility for the (unintended) consequences of their website issues?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:32 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mnredfox
... Would be nice for HH to put a banner on the homepage saying they are doing maintenance and account info might not be working ....
It would be less work to have them put a banner on when it actually IS working correctly
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Diamond for 10 years(2004-2014),Hilton Gold,Club Carlson gold
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Not sure I agree its the customer's problem in this case.

If hte website has a problem whose responsibility is it? If their website, after correctly logging in shows no booking, is it the customers fault or Hiltons?

And, I could imagine a situation where a customer could reasonably assume that if no booking is showing then maybe that their partner or PA etc had cancelled the booking.

Point is I guess, will Hilton accept responsibility for the (unintended) consequences of their website issues?
Knowing Hilton, they would probably deny any responsibility!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Yup. Just tried to delete an old card while adding my AAA number and got the usual "website experiencing difficulties." Sigh.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
.... Hilton earns tons of money ....
Not enough, apparantly, for their stock to perform well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.