Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
...and now without the app to show my next OLCI, I can't remember which hotel I'm supposed to be driving to tonight! #SlightlyInconvenient

Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Same for me. Uk based . My account shows 0 points and no future reservations
but the stays are correct
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:19 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

... for me as well 0 points.

Happened a few times, in the past quite often the German Hilton HHonors page was showing the correct number, but since they are redirecting to com, this work around is also gone (for some time now, actually).
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Likewise here. No points but next upcoming reservation showing correctly. Fortunately forewarned by the thread, I avoided a mild heart attack when seeing the zero points balance!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: Delta
Same for me - like the others said, thank goodness for this thread, I feared it had been hacked but looks like a simple IT issue.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:05 am

Thinking logically, if someone had hacked the account and transferred to miles or redeemed for rooms, it would be very unusual to be left with zero, because redemptions are priced in 000's so you will always have a little bit left over (unless somehow you had achieved a round number by accident).

So I would be more worried if it said, say, 328 instead of 80,328, rather than if it said zero.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
I almost had a heart attack last night when I logged in to book a room and found I have 0 points. I called the States straight away and they said it’s nothing to worry about.

I can’t even log into my account today. I get the ‘I’m not a robot’ thing correct but when I click to sign in it reloads the page again for me to enter it.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:07 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Well, now I cannot login at all!!!

Tried usual method with HHonors #, PIN, clicking I am not a robot and typing the captcha code and clicking Sign In takes me back to the sign in page.

Tried the new username/password I created a couple weeks, same thing.

This is just lovely!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:16 am

Zero here. Hopefully they backed up before they went down. This is a sad state of affairs at Hilton.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:19 am

Is it unrealistic to think that they should at least put a notice on the main page? I mean the whole site isn't down so surely a little note could be added to say they're looking into it, etc?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
What is with the Hilton website????
How difficult can a simple log on process be?

Unrelated to the previous messages - but come on...! I put in the Captcha and it is accepted - then boom - back to the same ol' log in screen again!

Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:41 am
cjd

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
What is with the Hilton website????
How difficult can a simple log on process be?

Unrelated to the previous messages - but come on...! I put in the Captcha and it is accepted - then boom - back to the same ol' log in screen again!

Same here. Wanting to check a reservation and it won't even let me log in!! Great.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:45 am

I can't log in online, I can on the app. The points are there, but my stays, past and present, are gone. I can still view my bookings when I enter the confirmation number.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:18 am

Touch wood it's back up and running again. I can login and all of my points are there.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:21 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by MrLee
Touch wood it's back up and running again. I can login and all of my points are there.
Same here! Yay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.