Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by submonte
I haven´t been following these thread but I tell you what nervs me:

I can no more automatically sign into my HHonors account, which I usually did on my Envy by HP Simple Pass and fingerprint sensor, have to state "I am not robot" each time I want to sign in, and be able to read and enter those hieroglyphs appearing to show the HHonors system I am not a robot.

My statement: That sux!
There's a separate thread all about that:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...a-logging.html
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP
I think we as a community will have to make personal complaints to actually get the PINs removed.

Here are some names: (Note these profiles are publicly available)

Levena Bailey - Sr. Director Enterprise Security - https://www.linkedin.com/in/levenabailey

Michael Leidinger - Vice President, IT Infrastructure, Operations, and Security
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-leidinger/0/ba/599

Josh Weiss - VP - Brand & Guest Technology at Hilton Worldwide
https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshweiss

I believe that having Forum Mods or individuals making a personal contact to someone Sr. at Hilton will get the due attention to this issue. Online Reservations, e-commerce, loyalty program management are an important part of a Hilton's Business so if trust is eroded their business will suffer long term.

Last edited by redrock; Jan 27, 2015 at 1:56 pm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Thanks eknock007 for that great post on the timing and response. That seems pretty responsive on their part, way better than I would have expected.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:54 pm

My account was hacked a few days ago. I hadn't logged into my account in a few months and I noticed an email saying that my account changes had been updated. Upon seeing that, I immediately tried logging into my account with no success and was unable to reset my password. I immediately called HHonors and spoke to a representative. Someone had removed a letter in my email address and decided to book a room at the Doubletree in Bangkok using points. They had to call the hotel directly to cancel because it was a close-in cancellation. This person, with a Russian name listed as the second guest, booked the room with a check-in time within a few hours. They were able to cancel the room and my pin number was changed. Right before going to bed, I got another email saying that my account change was updated. I was able to log directly into my account and noticed that this same person booked a room at the Hilton in Bangkok and changed my email address again!! I was on hold for 45 minutes to speak to a supervisor in which I just then hung up. The following morning I called in and they cancelled the room for that night. It was 11pm local time in Bangkok and they said that person hadn't checked in yet. I asked how they booked the room and the agent said that it appears that they booked it directly with the hotel. I suppose it might be possible since they were able to get my billing address, telephone number, etc from my profile the first time. Switching HHonor accounts is the easiest solution to hopefully prevent this from happening again. I even had my account "flagged" after the first incident and only 1 in 5 agents over the phone even asked me the additional security question.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Hilton HHonors has been a disaster for me. I've had many stays with them the past few months after a long drought. I just tried to remove my credit card info and was unable to do so. They say my info has been removed but my login page still shows my CC info.

Someone really needs to get this BS cleared up. I am starting to rethink my loyalty to Hilton.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Open Jaw
Hilton HHonors has been a disaster for me. I've had many stays with them the past few months after a long drought. I just tried to remove my credit card info and was unable to do so. They say my info has been removed but my login page still shows my CC info.

Someone really needs to get this BS cleared up. I am starting to rethink my loyalty to Hilton.
That's nothing new. As I recall, the solution is the change to a credit card that isn't valid (expired/cancelled/etc), rather than trying (unsuccessfully) to remove it.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
See post #101 in this thread, this is how I do it.

Originally Posted by Open Jaw

Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
see post #160 on this page too.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
I saw that post. The problem for me is that I do not use a smartphone so I cannot use any apps.

I just wish the website would run a lot better. Hilton earns tons of money and their website is garbage.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Account showing 0 Points - Did I get Hacked?

Account is showing correct number of stays and base points, but account shows 0 points. When I click on "All Activity" I don't get anything.

Anyone else getting this?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:10 am

I just logged into my account (2:08am Eastern on 3/3/15) and I have all my points. It's possible that you got hacked.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
My HHonors account sometimes shows that in the early morning UK time. It them reverts back to normal a little later.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RAPC
My HHonors account sometimes shows that in the early morning UK time. It them reverts back to normal a little later.
Looks like this, points are back.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I would only worry if I had a few points, no points I would assume a technical issue.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:09 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by RAPC
^ More of Hilton's IT. This seems to happen to me from time to time as well-- so frequently that I've just gotten used to it and know to try logging back in at a later time. If your account is not only showing no points, but also isn't showing any past history or any future stays, it's likely a temporary IT glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.