Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Helpful to know! I was aware of the Doubletree offering this previously, however as per the Hilton I assumed the HGI did not! Where is the car park?
Along side on the river bank, underneath the crane and towards the SECC.
I think it’s another unwritten but assumed benefit, like the Doubletree was.

Also if you book the room for two people you get 2 x the vouchers!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
Along side on the river bank, underneath the crane and towards the SECC.
I think it’s another unwritten but assumed benefit, like the Doubletree was.

Also if you book the room for two people you get 2 x the vouchers!
Great! Re parking., just a a case of reminding HGI at checkout for validation as per the Doubletree was (still maybe is?)?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Great! Re parking., just a a case of reminding HGI at checkout for validation as per the Doubletree was (still maybe is?)?
At the DT it was rarely mentioned as it was just assumed, it would be comped.
I can only recall one occasion at the DT where I had to “remind” them.

At the HGI it was pro-actively mentioned at check in, that it was comped, normally when the vouchers were handed over.
$6 million question is, has this changed?

I’ll have a look on TripAdvisor and see if there are any recent mentions.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...d.html?m=19905

Seems to confirm free parking still in August, no mention of Diamond Status.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:24 am

Usually no need to remind them tbh. Unlike the DT they actively tell guests about it. They were still giving out the cards I posted in post 13 in this thread just before Covid.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:40 am

Great to know! Nice location, bar and breaking offering here, I just always felt the rooms let it down a little.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:25 am

Great to know! Nice location, bar and breaking offering here, I just always felt the rooms let it down a little.
Haha yes the rooms are rather “compact” and as for the bathroom you won’t get lost in it that’s for sure.
pazza2000 and wizla like this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Had a stay here last Monday.

Hotel seemed very quiet, which given the current covid situation and its proximity to and reliance on the SECC is understandable.

Check-in area was empty at 18:00, Was informed that car parking was Ł8 per night now!
Queried this and said previously it had always been comped to diamonds.

Was told that “they had a new system “however on this occasion they would not charge.

Was given a bag with a choice of two bottles of water, along with a pocket sized Gilchrist and Soames hand sanitiser, along with two drinks vouchers.
Room had been booked for two people and I got the impression that when I was asked if it was just for myself, some of the drinks vouchers were removed from the envelope.
Note to self do online check-in in advance to prevent this!

rooms have sticker across the door, to indicate that room has been cleaned.

Ate in the bar, menu seemed to have been condensed, but still sufficient.
Burger was decent, cutlery arrived in sealed package.
Didn’t linger long after finishing but understandably very quiet.

Breakfast in the same area and full buffet selection, apart from no haggis!
Rather than table service you go up to the counter and what you ask for is plated up.
cold items still self selection along with coffee machine.

would use again, just a shame that another hotel that used to comp parking has now stopped it.
I suppose in some ways it levels the playing field with the other Hilton locations in the city.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:17 pm

Interesting that both here alongside the Doubletree in town have suddenly stopped comping their parking for Diamonds! Operated by the same management?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Interesting that both here alongside the Doubletree in town have suddenly stopped comping their parking for Diamonds! Operated by the same management?
Probably just desperate to maximise the cash from the few customers they are seeing, first things to go are the non compulsory brand standard items.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:22 pm

Probably just desperate to maximise the cash from the few customers they are seeing, first things to go are the non compulsory brand standard items.
True, good point! Hopefully it may return down the line then
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

True, good point! Hopefully it may return down the line then
I think the competition around the SECC is hotting up, the Radisson Red opened up opposite recently.

I noticed last week that the building work next to the multi storey is progressing well.

There’s a new Moxy by Marriott opening shortly https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...y-glasgow-sec/ , closely followed by a Courtyard by Marriott https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...d-glasgow-sec/
Both delayed by Covid, but will open sooner or later.

I imagine when they do, with an inevitably reduced capacity SECC, that supply will still exceed supply!
Then the real fun will start and it will be a desperate scramble for business!
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:57 am

I think the competition around the SECC is hotting up, the Radisson Red opened up opposite recently.
Without going too far off topic the Radisson Red seems to be advertising almost everywhere at the moment. I've seen marketing for them on billboards in Carlisle, Dundee, Perth and Inverness over the last few weeks as well as here in Edinburgh.

Even before covid it felt like there was an over-supply of rooms in Glasgow. I've noticed over the last couple of years that rates in Glasgow are either flat or decreasing as more and more hotels opened and all these additional rooms will possibly lower them again the way things are going.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chrism20
Without going too far off topic the Radisson Red seems to be advertising almost everywhere at the moment. I've seen marketing for them on billboards in Carlisle, Dundee, Perth and Inverness over the last few weeks as well as here in Edinburgh.

Even before covid it felt like there was an over-supply of rooms in Glasgow. I've noticed over the last couple of years that rates in Glasgow are either flat or decreasing as more and more hotels opened and all these additional rooms will possibly lower them again the way things are going.

The Red looks quite interesting from the outside and I did contemplate giving it a whirl, but looking at their website I’m having second thoughts.
It all looks a bit hard on the eyes in a very Hotel Indigo with the volume control turned up kind of way.

The Moxy will likely go head to head with it in a slightly more budget way.
I stayed in the Merchant City Moxy and it could be best described as the ba5t4rd child of a one night stand between a Brewdog bar and a holiday inn express.

Time will tell and overall rooms in proximity to the SECC will probably be cheaper, that’s the only certainty at the moment!
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:40 am

The Moxy will likely go head to head with it in a slightly more budget way.
I stayed in the Merchant City Moxy and it could be best described as the ba5t4rd child of a one night stand between a Brewdog bar and a holiday inn express.
An accurate assessment! It’s still closed, with no plans to reopen as far as I can tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.