Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex Offer: $50 statement credit with $250+ trans. Hilton Hotels & Resorts 2017 ->

Amex Offer: $50 statement credit with $250+ trans. Hilton Hotels & Resorts 2017 ->

Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tide
Yes. Amex only looks at the $ value of transaction >= $250 to qualify. Amex does not know or care if a portion of that is tax.
Exactly. I recently had a stay that was ~$550. When I checked out, I had them split the payment and charged $260 to my Amex to trigger the credit and charged the balance to my Citi Hilton visa for 10x points.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:40 pm

Where are you guys Seeing this offer ?

Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:51 pm

Unhappy Hilton Inn and Suites not count?

I just stayed at a Hilton Inn and Suites for 3 nights and spread a 600 stay across three cards(two amex and rest CSP). It appears this kind of hotel does not trigger the offer even though they're not listed as excluded and from everything I can see are technically under the main Hilton brand. I even split payment across two cards at check out, nothing hit on either. Amex offer email never appeared and now that charges are cleared still nothing. Not sure if I should call since they are even charges and fine print says all room charges must be paid? I also saw something about booking with hilton.com? How would they even reflect that on check out with a CC charge occurring at the hotel itself? Going to try CS anyway, we'll see.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by Parkerthon
I just stayed at a Hilton Inn and Suites for 3 nights and spread a 600 stay across three cards(two amex and rest CSP). It appears this kind of hotel does not trigger the offer even though they're not listed as excluded and from everything I can see are technically under the main Hilton brand. I even split payment across two cards at check out, nothing hit on either. Amex offer email never appeared and now that charges are cleared still nothing. Not sure if I should call since they are even charges and fine print says all room charges must be paid? I also saw something about booking with hilton.com? How would they even reflect that on check out with a CC charge occurring at the hotel itself? Going to try CS anyway, we'll see.
If you did NOT book your hotel via Hilton.com, you do NOT qualify for the offer. That is an inherent part of the offer. The hotel and Hilton can tell where you did the booking and flag it accordingly. That is why you did not get the rebate.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
...or it could be that the OP did not stay at a Hilton but stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn or a Hampton Inn and Suites. I have heard of Hilton Suites but never a "Hilton Inn & Suites". The offer was specifically for Hilton hotels and excluded everything else under the Hilton brand umbrella.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Available again

The offer is available again. Just popped up in my offers ($75 off a $350 or more folio at Hilton-only properties in the US and territories)...
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
I have a points stay on the Big Island coming up in a few weeks, will food and parking fees charged to the room trigger the Amex statement credit?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I have an additional question that I couldn't find anywhere in the Hilton or Amex forums. Some of the previous offers that have come up specify that the charge must be for one stay, and not a combination of stays that total up to the minimum amount. However, I currently have one for Embassy Suites/Homewood, (and have gotten a few for some of the other brands recently), where the wording says "Get a 1X $45 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $225+ on room rate & room charges, when you pay for your stay with Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites".

Does anyone have a data point in which more than one stay where the total still met the minimum before the deadline, still qualified?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Saidoh
I have an additional question that I couldn't find anywhere in the Hilton or Amex forums. Some of the previous offers that have come up specify that the charge must be for one stay, and not a combination of stays that total up to the minimum amount. However, I currently have one for Embassy Suites/Homewood, (and have gotten a few for some of the other brands recently), where the wording says "Get a 1X $45 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $225+ on room rate & room charges, when you pay for your stay with Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites".

Does anyone have a data point in which more than one stay where the total still met the minimum before the deadline, still qualified?
I'm wondering the same thing. I read the fine print for my current ofer, and it doesn't say whether the Hampton/HGI charge has to be made in one stay, or if it can be cummulative.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.