Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro {IDN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by manneca
The Hilton site.is not showing availability after Dec 31. I'm looking to book in Jan and Feb next year. Is it leaving or do they just not open booking very far in advance?
I’ve seen this happen before. I was just here last week, and didn’t see any indication they were leaving.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:36 am

Nice pool, nice massage, nice breakfast.

HH Gold did not get lounge access (2 night stay).

DT KL at 10K points is still the biggest steal out there.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Nice pool, nice massage, nice breakfast.

HH Gold did not get lounge access (2 night stay).

DT KL at 10K points is still the biggest steal out there.
Well, they are having the Asian games now, so it might be full. When we were there last week, the lounge was about half full most nights.

Some of the staff are very by the rules types. I’d talk to Pak Walid, the manager, though. I always got lounge access when I was Gold.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I get a suite everytime, unless it’s a high demand period. I do stay here frequently, though.
May I know which room type you normally book? Perhaps my problem is because I can only book the Deluxe room due to corporate travel policy.

I am a Diamond and I never get a suite despite staying here quite regularly. They always told me they have limited availability for suites (which is technically true) and if I want I'd have to pay for it. It's not that I'm such a snowflake that I need a suite, but I'm naturally more loyal to hotels that show that they appreciate my business. Doubletree Jakarta doesn't seem to care that much.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ItchyBackSide
May I know which room type you normally book? Perhaps my problem is because I can only book the Deluxe room due to corporate travel policy.

I am a Diamond and I never get a suite despite staying here quite regularly. They always told me they have limited availability for suites (which is technically true) and if I want I'd have to pay for it. It's not that I'm such a snowflake that I need a suite, but I'm naturally more loyal to hotels that show that they appreciate my business. Doubletree Jakarta doesn't seem to care that much.
I book the least expensive room. 75% of the time a points booking for 20k per night.

We have been coming to the hotel since it first opened. We certainly don’t demand a suite, but the staff have always been quite helpful. I’d guess we have stayed there 80-90 nights since they’ve opened.

When they first were taking bookings, you could book any rooms, even the Presidential Suite for the same price, so we had 3-4 bookings for that room. They don’t normally upgrade Diamonds into those. I think we have stayed in every type of suite, plus a standard room. Possibly the only one we haven’t tried is their family room.

The hotel is much busier now than it was in previous years. During Ramadan this year, we only had a suite for 4 out of 7 nights, as the suites were sold out for part of it.

We love the staff at the Open restaurant. I had some problems a couple of years ago with food quality at Ramadan. Once I got a real manager, and explained the problem in detail, it never happened again.

I can honestly say the Doubletree Jakarta is the best DT I’ve ever stayed at. Frankly, I’m pretty sad that we won’t go back for 9 months as we’re in the US until that time.
jiaogulan and ItchyBackSide like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

I can honestly say the Doubletree Jakarta is the best DT I’ve ever stayed at.
I would have to agree with that, or if not in up there in the top few, with the only gripe about the property itself was the sound proofing between the rooms wasn't great, hearing the doorbell and doors closing, but didn't notice TV/talking/snoring from next door. Getting to the hotel from CGK was only Ł8 in a regular taxi for me, and the staff went out of their way to be helpful along with very proactive front of house managers, who wanted to know on my thoughts of my guest experience.

The restaurant breakfast was very good, up to the same level I have experienced at the better full service Hilton's in SE Asia, which puts most Hilton properties in Europe and the US to shame.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Does this or any other quality hotel decorate for Christmas in JKT?

I am between this and the JW or the RC Kuningan, but leaning more towards the DT for price and pool. Any thoughts? How do the executive lounges compare?

How busy would they be over Xmas holidays, and would this affect the upgrades? I assume executive room upgrade is guaranteed for Diamonds?

Do you suggest to get an earlier morning flight to beat the traffic to the hotel on a Monday?

Last edited by nk15; Nov 24, 2018 at 10:24 pm
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by nk15

I am between this and the JW or the RC Kuningan, but leaning more towards the DT for price and pool. Any thoughts? How do the executive lounges compare?

How busy would they be over Xmas holidays, and would this affect the upgrades? I assume executive room upgrade is guaranteed for Diamonds?

Do you suggest to get an earlier morning flight to beat the traffic to the hotel on a Monday?

Yes, upmarket hotels decorate for Christmas in Indonesia. The JW and the RC are in a different league, and their club lounges reflect this. So do their prices.

Traffic in Jakarta is a lucky dip. I don’t think it’s worth planning your flight around it. You can always take the airport train if you are really worried.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, they have a Christmas tree and decorate the lobby. I believe at least some of the restaurant staff wear Christmas hats and such.

Christmas itself is not so busy, but New Years is quite packed. We stayed there last year for a dozen nights or so, and had a suite as a diamond on points redemptions, except for 2-3 nights over the New Years time frame.

Traffic during Dec 25-Dec 30 is some of the best you’ll see in Jakarta. In general, Sunday traffic is the best. Friday is the worst. Dec 31st, in the evening is pretty bad. Some areas, they close streets (Near the Grand Hyatt/Plaza Indonesia traffic circle), which you will want to avoid if possible.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Thanks for the tips. Any good/decent massage/spa places around the hotel that anybody has used and recommend? Any good nearby sightseeing or tours? We will only be there for a couple of days over Xmas.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I am considering staying at this property for my trip in April and was wondering more on the transportation between the property and the BNI station to get on the airport train. What are my options getting from the station to the hotel and back - mainly concern on the traffic part.
How's the area around the hotel? I've not been to Jakarta for some years so just wondering how suitable is this property for doing some basic sightseeing/moving around.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the tips. Any good/decent massage/spa places around the hotel that anybody has used and recommend? Any good nearby sightseeing or tours? We will only be there for a couple of days over Xmas.
I haven’t gone to any stand alone massage places for a decade or more. Back then, sometimes people were looking for more than massages. You usually got a rushed subpar massage. Often legit massage places will have “Family” in the name.

I actually have a company that does outcall massages that I use in hotels, or my residence. There is usually a surcharge in hotels, but it’s $3-4 usually. Often these businesses speak little or no English, so you might need a staff members help.

I prefer deep muscle massage, and normally get a 2 hour session for $20 or so. PM me if you’d like concact info. I’ve been using them for a decade.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I am considering staying at this property for my trip in April and was wondering more on the transportation between the property and the BNI station to get on the airport train. What are my options getting from the station to the hotel and back - mainly concern on the traffic part.
How's the area around the hotel? I've not been to Jakarta for some years so just wondering how suitable is this property for doing some basic sightseeing/moving around.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
The neighborhood is fine. Not overly touristy. There is a nice movie theater, with Starbucks or similar just around the corner. The are some foodstalls nearby, a McDonald’s up the street, and lots of small malls across from the Cikini train station.

Most train stations have a taxi line. Blue Bird, Gamya or Express are the brands I normally look for. Ask them to use the meter. I haven’t taken the airport train yet. If traveling from the airport with more than 1 person, I’d just take one of the taxi companies I mentioned. Normally $10-16, I’d say.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:01 am

The BNI train station has a taxi stand with BlueBird taxi outside. The airport train, currently is under-used, is actually quite an enjoyable ride to and from the airport. Cost 70k.

To get from the hotel to BNI station city, use Grab or GoJek.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Does anybody know e-mail address of the hotel they actually respond to? No answer from the one mentioned on the hotel web.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.