Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro {IDN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by sandyph
was booking this hotel for next week, got informed that the 2 free continental breakfast for Gold member was discontinued. Is this correct? Anybody else have the same experiences ?
I always got a full breakfast in the restaurant when gold. I've been a diamond for a year or so, and get upgrades and full breakfasts.

This property has always treated us pretty nicely.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 10:27 pm
jxd

was booking this hotel for next week, got informed that the 2 free continental breakfast for Gold member was discontinued. Is this correct? Anybody else have the same experiences ?
Isn't breakfast for gold a Hilton wide benefit?

The last time I went there was in March and it was a really good property and they treated us very well.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by jxd
Isn't breakfast for gold a Hilton wide benefit?
My though exactly since I actually just stayed at Hilton SGP 2 weeks ago and still getting the full breakfast.

Not sure where the reservation lady on DT get her information from :-/
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
As others have said, you should get breakfast as Gold benefit here. Well we did get (full) breakfast benefit in August as Diamond. I'll be there again this weekend, will find out.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by wantan
Just found this new feature on tripadviosr, showing nearby food outlets https://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Resta...arta_Java.html

Apparently the highest rated coffee place https://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Resta...arta_Java.html is just a few minutes walk away ^

Shall update after my stay in 3 weeks times
There is a near-ish restaurant that I can very easily recommend. It's called Bunga Rampai, according to Google Maps 1.1 km from the Doubletree (just 50-100m from Starwood's the Hermitage).

https://www.zomato.com/jakarta/bunga-rampai-menteng

They serve traditional Javanese dishes. The building is in period (colonial) style. Interior is quite richly decorated also in period style.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I notice that this property isn't bookable currently, from March 1st of next year onwards. It's the only Indonesian Hilton property that it showing unavailability. I hope it's not leaving the chain.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Just checked-in for a 1 night stay. Gold member. Didn't get upgraded to executive floor even though rooms were still available. FD said they discontinued executive floor upgrades for Gold since last year.

Was expecting to have the usual crabtree or aroma active toiletries in the room, but I was surprised to find some unbranded cheapskate toiletries (in re-used bottles?).

Requested for late check-out till 4pm, was granted till 3pm. Although plenty of rooms still available for booking on the next day.

Will see how's the complimentary breakfast tomorrow morning.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elephentravels
Just checked-in for a 1 night stay. Gold member. Didn't get upgraded to executive floor even though rooms were still available. FD said they discontinued executive floor upgrades for Gold since last year.

Was expecting to have the usual crabtree or aroma active toiletries in the room, but I was surprised to find some unbranded cheapskate toiletries (in re-used bottles?).

Requested for late check-out till 4pm, was granted till 3pm. Although plenty of rooms still available for booking on the next day.

Will see how's the complimentary breakfast tomorrow morning.
Did you get lounge access? I did as gold last month. The breakfast is pretty good.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Did you get lounge access? I did as gold last month. The breakfast is pretty good.
no executive floor upgrade = no lounge access
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elephentravels
no executive floor upgrade = no lounge access
I've been on non-exec floors and still gotten lounge access. I'd say they're being a bit of a DB here.

Nils-Arne Schroeder is the General Manager, and Walid Ouezini is right under him. I'd ask for Mr. Walid first. I'd raise hell if they had Exec rooms for sale, and didn't upgrade you.

The Exec Lounge isn't that great, but I have never been denied it in my numerous stays here.

If you don't get satisfaction, I'd leave a Tripadvisor review and rate them appropriately.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
DT Jakarta never fail to upgrade me to the exec room. I am HH Gold
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Putra
DT Jakarta never fail to upgrade me to the exec room. I am HH Gold
I think newer guests aren't treated the same as repeat customers. Management also tends to over promise.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:00 pm

Do Diamonds get upgraded to a Suite, or Exec Room only?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Do Diamonds get upgraded to a Suite, or Exec Room only?
I get a suite everytime, unless it’s a high demand period. I do stay here frequently, though.

Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
The Hilton site.is not showing availability after Dec 31. I'm looking to book in Jan and Feb next year. Is it leaving or do they just not open booking very far in advance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.