Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Leesburg {US-VA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Leesburg {US-VA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Leesburg {US-VA}

Well, I searched but couldn't find a thread on this property - I stayed here two weekends ago and wanted to post a quick review.

This property is located around a mile outside of downtown Leesburg - it's possible to walk into town, I did it twice, and there are sidewalks the entire way. It's not the most exciting walk in the world but you can do it if you want to.

I was staying on an MVP rate of $79/nt but was upgraded to a junior suite - I don't typically get upgrades at Hamptons so I was pleasantly surprised. The suite was clean and fresh and had a large living area. There were several soccer teams in house and I expected a lot of noise, but I never heard a peep. Similarly, I thought that breakfast might be a wreck but the staff kept everything refreshed and there were no issues at all.

One nice thing was that the hotel has two Diamond parking spots right out the front door - I had only seen that once before and I did think it was kind of cool (in a lazy sort of way). I'm not sure how they would enforce the spots, but despite the lot being pretty full the Diamond spots were empty.

The only issue was that as I was showering, the hot water quit and the rest of my shower was FREEZING cold. I forgot to mention anything to the front desk but I assume it was just a one-off sort of thing.

Otherwise, it's pretty Hampton-y and standard, and I would definitely return. I also wanted to recommend two of the places that we stopped at while we were there:
  • Crooked Run Brewing Company - this is a tiny little place, it feels like it's in someone's basement with a small outdoor patio. They brew beer in small batches and the owner was hanging out while we were there. The beer that I had was excellent and I would recommend it.
  • Tuscarora Mill - this is kind of right above Crooked Run. They have two menus - one for the restaurant, and one for the bar/cafe - we ate at the bar and enjoyed the food very much. Great beer selection, friendly staff, very good food.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:46 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
FWIW, more and more HIs have the Diamond spots IME. If only DTs would follow suit... I typically have far worse parking issues at DTs than HIs.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Also I've seen a few at Embassy Suites now too.

Thanks for the review!
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Exec, Marriott Rewards Gold, HHonors Gold
Glad you enjoyed your stay in my home town. Next time check out the Wine Kitchen, Lightfoot or McDowells's. ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.