Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Call center inadvertently canceled reservations, any suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL PM, current level: tin

Just as a preface, I am not a Hilton Honors Elite. Anyways a colleague of mine booked reservations for him and myself at the Hilton Austin for a conference later this month. Reservations were made months ago.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, he is going to be unable to attend the conference, and today called up the reservation center and tried to have it changed to 1 room. Apparently he talked to someone in what sounded like an Indian call center who inadvertently canceled the entire booking. They then told him that they were unable to re-book any rooms at the same rate, and that the hotel had "sold out" for several nights anyways. He talked to two separate people, who essentially said there was nothing they could do, despite it being the call center's fault.

I tried calling and had no more luck, and am now left booking a rate through travelocity for a nearly week long conference at a several hundred dollars surcharge.

Do you guys have any suggestions? A number where I can talk to someone who actually is empowered and understands requests???Certainly in the future I will be handling all bookings myself!

Last edited by squeakr; Mar 14, 2014 at 10:24 am Reason: edited by mod
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:36 pm

Try calling the conference organizers instead of the hotel. They may have set aside a few rooms in the conference room block. This worked for me a few years ago when the hotel said it was sold out. Got the conference price, which was, for once, less than anything else I could book.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Get the confirmation email, call the hotel directly. Might work.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL PM, current level: tin
Good suggestions, I eventually got to to a manager at the hotel and they were able to book a room for me. *phew*
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:40 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by kylemore
Apparently he talked to someone in what sounded like an Indian call center who inadvertently canceled the entire booking.

A number where I can talk to someone who actually is empowered and speaks English?
Interesting, as nearly every Indian that I have come in contact with either in a call centre, or outside of India, has spoken English just fine. Just because they speak with an accent indiscernible to you does not make it any the less English.

Glad you were able to get things straightened out
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by kylemore
Good suggestions, I eventually got to to a manager at the hotel and they were able to book a room for me. *phew*
Easy to forget that approach in the era of web sites and call centers. Glad it worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.