Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Credentials

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
2014 Credentials

I had my 2014 card arrive on Friday - a rather spartan package in comparison to previous years, not that I needed anything more.
I do like that the "Member Since" is back on the card - I do take a bit of pride in being a HHonors member since 1987
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: HH D
It should have said "Liftetime elite" by now, don't you agree?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Got mine on over the weekend and was disappointed to see no extended expiration after being Diamond for 10 years.

Any one see an extended expiration after being elite for 10 consecutive years, as others have reported getting in the past?

Looks like I might have to consider switching back to SPG if Hilton doesn't come up with a lifetime status program soon.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Mine showed up with an expiration of 2017. I've been Diamond for greater than 10 years. I did have to call and remind them to send a new card to my wife as we have a mutual account.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
I re-qualified for Diamond, and last week I was sent...a GOLD card. I called HH, and the agent confirmed that I indeed had re-qualified for diamond, apologized, and would send out a Diamond card.

As long as everything is correct online (and it is), I really don't care too much. I probably had to pull out the card only once last year.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
I nearly trashed mine as I thought it was a credit card offer or some other spam mail. The envelope was very nondescript, thin and didn't suggest that a new card was included. Also a bit disappointed that Hilton doesn't bother to redesign their cards from year to year just changes the expiration dates.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
I got the deck of cards again and the game book with the card. It was exactly the same as last year. OP is that what you are referring to?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
First, I am an industrial consultant, as in places that make things. Dirty, greasy places full of hard working people and then me on occasion.

I have only used my Diamond card once recently. I was staying at a Hampton (80% or more of my nights are at Hampton) and I parked in the spot with the Diamond Elite Parking sign. Guy says "Hey, that is for Diamonds!" Quickly pulled my card, flashed it for him and said, "Yep, I know. Thanks."

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Feb 23, 2014 at 9:44 pm
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stanj
Got mine on over the weekend and was disappointed to see no extended expiration after being Diamond for 10 years.

Any one see an extended expiration after being elite for 10 consecutive years, as others have reported getting in the past?

Looks like I might have to consider switching back to SPG if Hilton doesn't come up with a lifetime status program soon.
I've been a Diamond since the program began - Back in 2009 I think, I was given expiration date of 2014. This year, I just get 2015. Doesn't really matter as I'll easily re-qualify.
All that was in the packet was a card and a very short note saying thanks. What's the deck of cards Michael19887 mentioned?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Do Diamonds only get a card?
Just curious. I recently attained Gold but do not know if I could expect anything.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I've been a Diamond since the program began - Back in 2009 I think, I was given expiration date of 2014. This year, I just get 2015. Doesn't really matter as I'll easily re-qualify.
All that was in the packet was a card and a very short note saying thanks. What's the deck of cards Michael19887 mentioned?
A while or so ago HH sent diamonds a deck of playing cards with Hilton properties/places on them, I think this was done along with sending the actual HH Diamond card. I got another deck this year with my updated Diamond card.

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Do Diamonds only get a card?
Just curious. I recently attained Gold but do not know if I could expect anything.
See above for info on Diamond...

But a friend who qualified for HH Gold last year (first-time qualifier) received, in addition to his gold card, a small "recipe book" with recipes from various HH hotels around the world. It was just a small paper booklet, nifty perhaps for those who cook I would think, but otherwise not a big deal at all, it seems.

Last edited by mudbug31; Feb 24, 2014 at 12:40 pm Reason: changed to "world" from "country" in re recipes.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
I was going to speculate as to who got the deck of cards but I've got nothing. I have in the past but did not this year. Just an oversize envelope with my new diamond card. Sounds as if other diamonds have also not gotten anything extra with their new credentials...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsmith50
I was going to speculate as to who got the deck of cards but I've got nothing. I have in the past but did not this year. Just an oversize envelope with my new diamond card. Sounds as if other diamonds have also not gotten anything extra with their new credentials...
Yes I remember the cards from a previous year but this year just a big envelope.
Does anyone remember when they started the Diamond level? When I first was made Diamond, there were no apparent written qualifications, just a note telling me I was very important
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
I got two decks of cards this year a few weeks apart. Both had the same Diamond card and number and same expiration date. Thought that was a little odd.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:20 am

Got mine. The only thing that bothers me a little is the lettering (your name, number, etc.) seems to be done with cheap ink (raised on card; feel it) and would fall off the card. But I anticipate very little use with the actual card.

I discovered that I can have the Diamond card on my iPhone passbook (from HHonors app), so I think I will use my card even less than before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.