Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HH Gold until 2020! Free! *Targeted to Select MBA Graduates in 2014*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Saw this on LoyaltyLobby... apparently if you are business school grad you can have free HH Gold until 2020.

Guess this is targeted, but who knows may work for everyone.

For the skinny on it... http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/02/19/h...2020-targeted/

If it works, please post back...
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:41 am

Why doesn't hilton just give every customer "elite" status?!?! good grief.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
This is actually an excellent marketing strategy. They are giving business graduates from certain schools with high earning potential an inticing incentive to chose Hilton for work/personal travel on their new incomes.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Originally Posted by Michael19887
This is actually an excellent marketing strategy. They are giving business graduates from certain schools with high earning potential an inticing incentive to chose Hilton for work/personal travel on their new incomes.
Agreed. While many of us that travel a lot lament about adding too many people to the elite tiers, I have to say this is brilliant marketing.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
This is pretty cool. When I was in b-school, they gave me HHonors Gold for being a current student. That coupled with the fact that I already had a Hilton AMEX made me much more likely to stay with Hilton (evidenced by my current Diamond status now). Otherwise I probably would have just gone to Marriott like many of my current coworkers
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I also agree. Many of those will end up earning elite status - but will have an incentive to kick off their travel with Hilton from the outset, rather than having to rock up and do 40 nights in the Bentonville Hampton Inn to get status first.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
They already give Gold away for free. (Actually, they kind of pay you to take it.) Nothing new here...
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Michael19887
I agree. Same with Airlines loyalty programs.

Someone in my office got her MBA last year and Delta gave her status. I forget if it was Gold or Platinium status from a targeted offer from Delta for graduating from Grad school. I thought it was smart marketing on Delta's part but the people in my office that were Delta FO and Gold disagreed for some reason.

But I think it's absurd to give status for seven years. Give it for one year. Especially seeing how easy gold status is to get with Hilton
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
The problem is that I only started traveling intensively when I was (depending when you consider I gave up on full-time education) between four and eight years after graduation. For the first three years gold status would have been useless to me and I wouldn't have clogged up any executive lounges or stolen any upgrades, but it might well have gotten me into Hiltons a year or two earlier.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cymro
The problem is that I only started traveling intensively when I was (depending when you consider I gave up on full-time education) between four and eight years after graduation. For the first three years gold status would have been useless to me and I wouldn't have clogged up any executive lounges or stolen any upgrades, but it might well have gotten me into Hiltons a year or two earlier.
Why is that a problem?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
well apparently Darden and UVA doesnt work.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Looks like it works for Johnson and Tuck but not Columbia or Wharton. (At least not under those URL's.) Wonder if the schools had to agree to validate the user or something...
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a test.
If you fall for free Hilton status you are clearly incapable of making rational business decisions.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Nice...

Started B school but did not finish, life moved on
Guess I don't get 6 yr gold.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
When I graduated B-school, I just got a bunch of loans, not that HHonors Gold is a big pat on the back. Too bad, back then I couldn't have just charged $30K in loan payments, that would've solved for Diamond status.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.