Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Marriott Hyatt
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West {US-NY}

Tzoo is offering some great rates here ($139-$159/nt thru May). It was $119 through March last week but still very good. It looks like they had a soft opening a couple weeks ago. Anyone tried it yet?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
$79 rates have been reported in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-city-106.html
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Marriott Hyatt
True, but the $79 rate was for the first week. These rates are good through May.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
I will be there on Monday and will report back.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by stlrod
True, but the $79 rate was for the first week. These rates are good through May.
If you try the MVP rate mentioned for other days the $79 rate may still appear. For example, the $79 just came up for me for Feb23 for one night. Searching other random nights using the MVP rate reveals rates of $103, $111, $127, etc. Going into March the lowest MVP rate now seems to be about $183.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:26 pm

And here I was thinking that I was going to get to do the honors in opening up this thread!

I was just about to close out a 3-night stay at the HGI TS yesterday when I found that my flight home was cancelled. A search of properties last night showed almost everything booked up, except for this new HGI, which was also showing fantastic rates. Called the desk and reserved; desk agent told me that they had just opened that day. I got a rate of about $130.

Sitting in a room on the 33rd floor now as the first-ever occupant. The hotel is 34 floors. Appears to be about 13 rooms per floor; this internal presentation (posted publicly, for some reason), says 401 rooms total.

The lobby is small but very nicely appointed, with a lot of furniture, decorations, and one of those crystal-bed fireplaces. Everything is quite modern. Seems like they are trying to turn HGI more into one of those "lifestyle" brands everyone is always talking about, just not sure what lifestyle it's supposed to be.

The basement contains two modest conference rooms, guest laundry ($2.00 per load), and the new standard-issue HGI fitness center (some treadmills, one recumbent bike, some ellipticals, dumbbells up to 50#, Precor cable stack, and bosu balls, mats, etc.).

There are 3 elevators, which are very fast. Still, with that many rooms and floors, it could become a bit of a bottleneck.

The place seems to be staffed way up for opening. Lobby is basically packed with staff. Maybe some from other properties doing training, etc.

Rooms are small (in absolute terms) but nicely appointed. On the non-bed long wall they have gone with the complete integrated desk/closet/shelves setup, all made of dark wood. The closet is somewhat small and the desk is shallow. The room has a fridge, microwave, and Keurig coffeemaker. Outlets are plentiful and light switches are easy to find. They are using the new cube-style alarm clocks which can be completely dimmed rather than the old Hilton-wide ones with the bright orange glow. TV is a nice 40" Samsung LCD.

The bathroom is nicely laid out. Everything is modern, white and chrome with white marble-esque floors. They went with the sliding door setup in the bathroom which I very much appreciate, as opposed to some of the older HGI properties where you had to stand on the toilet to open the door. There is only one towel hook and it is perilously close to the toilet. Paper cups for the time being. I feel like they might have a couple things left to do in the bathroom and ran out of time.

View from the high floors could be decent, but I can't speak to it right now due to the snowstorm.

Location, it goes without saying, is excellent.

It looks like prices are in the $200-300 range going forward.

Will report back on breakfast and the attached restaurant after tomorrow morning, if I remember.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:55 pm
mmo

Oh yay!! Sounds good so far!! I am staying there 3/28 to 4/2. I had booked a advance rate awhile back for the first 4 nights at 119 a night. I had the last night 4/1-4/2 booked at 239.00 MVP rate but seen the post about Travelzoo and got it for 149.00 a night. Sweet!! I am curious if the rooms with the private terrace are any bigger. Its my daughters 21 so we are doing a theater and shopping trip! Found out that Studio 54 is across from the hotel where our show Cabaret will be showing!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:19 am

Just got back from the breakfast, which is served via waiter in the restaurant. Hhonors elite breakfast is a standard "American breakfast" offering - coffee and orange juice, toast, scrambled eggs, potatoes, and sausage or bacon. So not a full buffet like the HGI TS or other HGIs, but gets the job done.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:48 am

Here's my review I posted on TripAdvisor on this property...

This HGI opened in mid-January and we stayed here just a few days after it opened.

The location is great, within walking distance to Times Square, Broadway shows and Central Park. It's right around the corner from the David Letterman studios.

The room we had was very small, which I suppose is expected in NYC. It was cramped for two people plus luggage. However, being a new property everything was beautiful and clean as you would expect.

The staff is very friendly and I think since they just opened they are overstaffed right now, which is a good thing as they train new staff.

As a Diamond member, we received free breakfast each morning. Breakfast is served in the Empire Steak House restaurant connected to the hotel. You can choose sit down and be served or eat from a small (but good) buffet.

The only problem we had was the first morning we were here the fire alarm went off at 6 am for about a half hour. Apparently a pipe burst and caused the alarm. These things happen when new hotels open, however.

In summary, this is a nice property and we would certainly return.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Does anyone know which floors have rooms with a terrace? I can't seem to find a pic of the building from outside to see if it's worth the upgrade. Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:13 am

Here's one I took...

Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Thanks. I decided to call. The normal deluxe rooms with Terraces are on the 2nd floor. I think I'll go for a normal room and hope for something higher up.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:56 pm

I'll be staying at this property Feb 15 weekend. Apparently this hotel is almost sold out and the rates are really high. I got it for $170 a night on a third party website. I wanted to know did anyone have success on upgrading rooms if you were a GOLD Member? Right now my booking is for 2 double beds im wanting an upgrade of 2 queen beds is that even possible for GOLD Members?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: US, HH
$119 AAA rate for 3/21.

Just saw a AAA rate of $119 for this location for next Friday - 3/21, on the Hilton website. The Saturday is sold out though.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 4:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by arlflyer
And here I was thinking that I was going to get to do the honors in opening up this thread!

I was just about to close out a 3-night stay at the HGI TS yesterday when I found that my flight home was cancelled. A search of properties last night showed almost everything booked up, except for this new HGI, which was also showing fantastic rates. Called the desk and reserved; desk agent told me that they had just opened that day. I got a rate of about $130.

Cool! Thanks for sharing. And don't forget - if your flight is cancelled etc. ask for a "distressed traveler rate" - you may get an even nicer rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.