Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can you pay for Park and Fly Room with Honors Points?

Old Jan 14, 14, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

I recently attempted to book a room at an airport Homewood Suites in Charlotte, NC using my Hilton Honors points for a 1 night stay prior to an early flight out the next day over the phone with the corporate HHonors department.

They asked me why I was staying there, and I told them that I wanted to stay and then leave my car for a week until I return. The customer service rep then informed me that I wouldn't be able to leave my car there if I paid with points.

Has anyone run into this before at a Hilton property, and do they actually enforce it? There is plenty of parking in this area, and the hotel doesn't even offer a park and fly package, though people describe doing it in TripAdvisor reviews.

Thanks for your input.
Old Jan 15, 14, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

IME, it's best to speak to the hotel directly for requests.
Old Jan 15, 14, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by nhandy007 View Post
I recently attempted to book a room at an airport Homewood Suites in Charlotte, NC using my Hilton Honors points for a 1 night stay prior to an early flight out the next day over the phone with the corporate HHonors department.
And what did the property say when you called them directly? It would seem to be a common-sense next move to ask them, rather than having others guess the property's specific policy. And much faster, also.

Search this Thread