Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University {US-NC}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University {US-NC}

Old Jan 11, 14, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University {US-NC}

I checked in Thursday have 5 rooms in my group; Friday 6 am no hot water what so ever. I go down and ask the front desk says there is a problem and they are working on it. We go to our show, when returning at 6 pm we are told we should probably shower that night because they still don't have enough hot water for everybody. I decided I would just suck it up and shower in the am, the water was a bit and only a bit warmer; I survived. Went to the show all day Saturday and front desk is again telling us to shower tonight. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

I check out tomorrow and am pondering what to do, leaning toward paying the bill and asking for 3 Be My Guest certificates I could use later - any advice?
Old Jan 11, 14, 10:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I had a one-night stay at a Hilton in Tampa Bay, city water main broke or somesuch problem. No water in the rooms, period.

Naturally, a lot of people consider the morning shower a pretty important part of the hotel experience they've paid for. I had to ask at the front desk, but they promptly zeroed my bill upon checkout. I feel bad for them, as it wasn't their fault, but it was the right thing to do for both me and them.

Sounds like you're in a similar issue there. No hot water, no proper service provided. Ask front desk before checkout what they are willing to do (Points added to account, zero the bill, offer certs.)

I don't know which a hotel prefers to do / impacts them the least.
Old Oct 26, 15, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 10/24 - 10/25:

Location: The hotel is on Hillsborough Road less than half a mile away from NC State's main campus. It's about a mile and a half from Glenwood Avenue and all its bars and restaurants and about the same from Downtown Raleigh. I believe it's the closest full service Hilton property to downtown Raleigh. Lots of restaurants, bars and nightlife are within an easy walk or short Uber ride from the hotel.

Hotel: One of the stranger looking Hilton properties I've been to. It's a much older building with wrought iron balconies on the outside of each room. Thankfully, the property has had an upgrade since it transferred from Holiday Inn to Doubletree. The lobby area is new and quite nice and there's a small bar just off it. There's also a business center in the lobby and a small room where breakfast is served.

Check In: I was thanked for being a Diamond and offered bottled water and anything else I wanted to drink from their cooler. I wasn't proactively upgraded but after I asked, I was given a suite on the first floor.

Room: The living room was great, large couch, TV, two arm chairs, coffee table and desk. The bedroom was tiny and dominated by the bed and had a small TV in the wall. The bathroom was also pretty small and was right next to the room's front door. There was also a balcony that I didn't use. Annoyingly, the soundproofing is bad and everyone speaking in the parking lot was easily heard from the room. Also, this hotel has no HHonors Wifi. You use a network for the floor you're on and enter a code that changes every 24 hours.

Breakfast/Other: Diamonds get a full breakfast buffet which has a omelette bar plus hot options (waffles, grits, oatmeal, eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon). The food was pretty bland and tasteless.

Overall this is a pretty good hotel with a great location for downtown Raleigh.
Old Dec 3, 18, 6:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Breakfast/Other: Diamonds get a full breakfast buffet which has a omelette bar plus hot options (waffles, grits, oatmeal, eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon). The food was pretty bland and tasteless.

Overall this is a pretty good hotel with a great location for downtown Raleigh.
Two points I'll backup on a recent stay. Breakfast was bland, service average (if I'm being nice) and no omelette bar when I stayed. And the hotel otherwise was pretty good, tesk staff friendly and helpful, and the location is nice and close to places to eat/drink in the evening.

I was given a Exec Floor (Diamond) which had complementary snacks and coke/diet coke, which is a nice touch.

Search this Thread