Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Honors Phone Agent Says Points Didn't Post Correctly Becaues Rate was Pre-Paid

Honors Phone Agent Says Points Didn't Post Correctly Becaues Rate was Pre-Paid

Old Jan 6, 14, 11:46 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 29,766
Honors Phone Agent Says Points Didn't Post Correctly Becaues Rate was Pre-Paid

I had a stay at the Hilton Managua from 12/26-12/29. A few days after check-out, the stay showed up on my Hilton page as earning 0 points. I called Hilton and they said to give it more time and to call back Monday. Come Monday, no change so I called again. I ended up talking to someone at the Diamond Desk and they have opened a case for me. They said the reason it's posted wrong is because I booked a pre-paid rate. That sounded kind of strange to me, has anyone else heard it?

I might add that both Trip Adviser and the FT thread on this hotel mention the hotel has a history of mistakenly not posting points for stays.
CMK10 is offline  
Old Jan 7, 14, 2:12 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Posts: 1,981
I prepay almost all my stays and I get points, no problem.
helosc is offline  
Old Jan 7, 14, 2:20 am
  #3  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atherton, CA
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Posts: 21,690
Cool

Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I had a stay at the Hilton Managua from 12/26-12/29. A few days after check-out, the stay showed up on my Hilton page as earning 0 points. I called Hilton and they said to give it more time and to call back Monday. Come Monday, no change so I called again. I ended up talking to someone at the Diamond Desk and they have opened a case for me. They said the reason it's posted wrong is because I booked a pre-paid rate. That sounded kind of strange to me, has anyone else heard it?

I might add that both Trip Adviser and the FT thread on this hotel mention the hotel has a history of mistakenly not posting points for stays.
Woops! We did it again! How could this happen?
Doc Savage is offline  
Old Jan 7, 14, 2:53 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Posts: 4,490
Originally Posted by helosc View Post
I prepay almost all my stays and I get points, no problem.
+1
more4less is offline  
Old Jan 7, 14, 1:56 pm
  #5  
obs
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fareham UK
Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 817
Originally Posted by more4less View Post
+1
+2
obs is offline  
Old Jan 7, 14, 2:57 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
Posts: 1,714
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I had a stay at the Hilton Managua from 12/26-12/29. A few days after check-out, the stay showed up on my Hilton page as earning 0 points. I called Hilton and they said to give it more time and to call back Monday. Come Monday, no change so I called again. I ended up talking to someone at the Diamond Desk and they have opened a case for me. They said the reason it's posted wrong is because I booked a pre-paid rate. That sounded kind of strange to me, has anyone else heard it?
I stayed at a hotel 26-28 December, and again after new year. The first stay, a pre-paid one, went from "Pending" to "0 Points" during the second stay, so I headed down to reception to ask about it. They checked their systems, and couldn't see anything which would explain why it hadn't posted properly. I had a chat with them about it, and showed them the HHonors iOS app, which they'd never seen before! They then checked some more, and still couldn't find anything to explain the lack of points, so they emailed the Hotel HHonors desk to ask why it hadn't worked.

Today the HHonors team have replied saying "it can take up to 2 weeks for points to post for non-US stays", which seems to miss the issue since the stay had stopped being "Pending" and had gone to "0 points". It also doesn't answer the hotel's question, which is why it had shown as 0 points despite them being sure they'd done everything right on their end. I'll give it another few days (until it is 2 weeks), then query again.

So, I wouldn't rush to blame the hotel, as there seems to be some issues with the Hilton IT which thwart points posting despite the best intentions of the hotel...
Gagravarr is offline  
Old Jan 7, 14, 3:41 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: München, Germany
Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 5,547
AFAIK all rates booked direct with Hilton earn points except travel agency rates.

I did have the same issue with a booking (that wasn't prepaid however) for NYE: in my case, I had two rooms at the Doubletree at LHR.

I called and they fixed it for me on the phone, so I think this is a clear case of HUACA.
Cymro is offline  
Old Jan 7, 14, 8:49 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 29,766
Originally Posted by Gagravarr View Post
Today the HHonors team have replied saying "it can take up to 2 weeks for points to post for non-US stays", which seems to miss the issue since the stay had stopped being "Pending" and had gone to "0 points". It also doesn't answer the hotel's question, which is why it had shown as 0 points despite them being sure they'd done everything right on their end. I'll give it another few days (until it is 2 weeks), then query again.
It's interesting that you say that, the first time I called they gave me the same non-US stay line even though, like you, I could see it said 0 points, not pending. Must be a stock line over there at HH.
CMK10 is offline  
Old Jan 7, 14, 9:17 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 145
Hhonors Phone Agent Says Points Didn't Post Correctly Becaues Rate was Pre-Paid

I had this happen recently at WA Trianon Palace. My stay went from Pending to 0 on an Advance Prepay. Furthermore, my folio showed blank online. To get the points I had to email them a scan of my paper folio. Immediately I got an email back from the HHonors desk that 'the folio did not show that the charges were paid for.' What's even more funny is that the folio I sent them *had the credit card receipt stapled to it.* I know, .... Without saying anything back I got an email the next day saying that the points had been credited.
This all happened over the span on 2 or 3 weeks. I would not have gotten the points if I didn't keep on them. Lights are on but no one's home, it seems.
ben1233 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread