FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Honors Phone Agent Says Points Didn't Post Correctly Becaues Rate was Pre-Paid (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1538699-honors-phone-agent-says-points-didnt-post-correctly-becaues-rate-pre-paid.html)

CMK10 Jan 6, 2014 10:46 pm

Honors Phone Agent Says Points Didn't Post Correctly Becaues Rate was Pre-Paid

I had a stay at the Hilton Managua from 12/26-12/29. A few days after check-out, the stay showed up on my Hilton page as earning 0 points. I called Hilton and they said to give it more time and to call back Monday. Come Monday, no change so I called again. I ended up talking to someone at the Diamond Desk and they have opened a case for me. They said the reason it's posted wrong is because I booked a pre-paid rate. That sounded kind of strange to me, has anyone else heard it?

I might add that both Trip Adviser and the FT thread on this hotel mention the hotel has a history of mistakenly not posting points for stays.

helosc Jan 7, 2014 1:12 am

I prepay almost all my stays and I get points, no problem.

Doc Savage Jan 7, 2014 1:20 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 22100724)
I had a stay at the Hilton Managua from 12/26-12/29. A few days after check-out, the stay showed up on my Hilton page as earning 0 points. I called Hilton and they said to give it more time and to call back Monday. Come Monday, no change so I called again. I ended up talking to someone at the Diamond Desk and they have opened a case for me. They said the reason it's posted wrong is because I booked a pre-paid rate. That sounded kind of strange to me, has anyone else heard it?

I might add that both Trip Adviser and the FT thread on this hotel mention the hotel has a history of mistakenly not posting points for stays.

Woops! We did it again! How could this happen?:D

more4less Jan 7, 2014 1:53 am

Originally Posted by helosc (Post 22101282)
I prepay almost all my stays and I get points, no problem.

+1

obs Jan 7, 2014 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by more4less (Post 22101404)
+1

+2:D

Gagravarr Jan 7, 2014 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 22100724)

I stayed at a hotel 26-28 December, and again after new year. The first stay, a pre-paid one, went from "Pending" to "0 Points" during the second stay, so I headed down to reception to ask about it. They checked their systems, and couldn't see anything which would explain why it hadn't posted properly. I had a chat with them about it, and showed them the HHonors iOS app, which they'd never seen before! They then checked some more, and still couldn't find anything to explain the lack of points, so they emailed the Hotel HHonors desk to ask why it hadn't worked.

Today the HHonors team have replied saying "it can take up to 2 weeks for points to post for non-US stays", which seems to miss the issue since the stay had stopped being "Pending" and had gone to "0 points". It also doesn't answer the hotel's question, which is why it had shown as 0 points despite them being sure they'd done everything right on their end. I'll give it another few days (until it is 2 weeks), then query again.

So, I wouldn't rush to blame the hotel, as there seems to be some issues with the Hilton IT which thwart points posting despite the best intentions of the hotel...

Cymro Jan 7, 2014 2:41 pm

AFAIK all rates booked direct with Hilton earn points except travel agency rates.

I did have the same issue with a booking (that wasn't prepaid however) for NYE: in my case, I had two rooms at the Doubletree at LHR.

I called and they fixed it for me on the phone, so I think this is a clear case of HUACA.

CMK10 Jan 7, 2014 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Gagravarr (Post 22105440)
Today the HHonors team have replied saying "it can take up to 2 weeks for points to post for non-US stays", which seems to miss the issue since the stay had stopped being "Pending" and had gone to "0 points". It also doesn't answer the hotel's question, which is why it had shown as 0 points despite them being sure they'd done everything right on their end. I'll give it another few days (until it is 2 weeks), then query again.

It's interesting that you say that, the first time I called they gave me the same non-US stay line even though, like you, I could see it said 0 points, not pending. Must be a stock line over there at HH.

ben1233 Jan 7, 2014 8:17 pm

Hhonors Phone Agent Says Points Didn't Post Correctly Becaues Rate was Pre-Paid

I had this happen recently at WA Trianon Palace. My stay went from Pending to 0 on an Advance Prepay. Furthermore, my folio showed blank online. To get the points I had to email them a scan of my paper folio. Immediately I got an email back from the HHonors desk that 'the folio did not show that the charges were paid for.' What's even more funny is that the folio I sent them *had the credit card receipt stapled to it.* I know, .... Without saying anything back I got an email the next day saying that the points had been credited.
This all happened over the span on 2 or 3 weeks. I would not have gotten the points if I didn't keep on them. Lights are on but no one's home, it seems.