Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Retroactive credit - From points to double dip(Points + miles) - How to pursue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

I have come across with a difficult situation as four of the last five stays did not posted any miles. During the first stay, I trusted the front desk so much that they would set up the double dip with AA for me. However, it did not seem to be the case. As a result, I spoke to three different HHonors desk agents regarding the situation, and they put a note to review the case. The following is the summary of what they responded.

1st: Apologetic. Acknowledged she did not see double-dip had to be set up in order to get the 25k miles. Put a note to review the previous four stays. Hope to get the AA miles back for the first four and eventually the 25k miles after all five stays by Dec 31, 2013. Assured the miles will be posted afterwards

2nd: Apologetic. Acknowledged double-dip needed to be in place for the 25k miles to post after five stays. Talked to another supervisor, was told that it might be declined. Said the miles may not be posted.

3rd: Apologetic. Acknowledged I was new to Hilton and it did not seem like I was abusing the system, so she tried to manually approve the miles, but a hold prevented her from manually putting the miles back for the first four stays.

I admitted that I should have taken care of that myself instead of trusting the agent. When the miles were displayed as 'pending', I thought the miles would post eventually but I didn't bother to check after the first stay. My question was, if the review turned out to be denying the mileage claim, how should I pursue? Any insights will be deeply appreciated.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:37 pm

I was in a similar situation when I started with Hilton. The request was denied at all levels. It was, I accept, my responsibility to have made sure this was done right. Newbie mistake. Hope you have a better outcome!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travisw
I was in a similar situation when I started with Hilton. The request was denied at all levels. It was, I accept, my responsibility to have made sure this was done right. Newbie mistake. Hope you have a better outcome!
I am sorry for your bad luck. My argument was that the review case took place on Dec 17, 2013. Had the first agent told me it was not guaranteed, I could have chosen to stay in Hilton for four of the most recent stays to ensure I got the miles and the promotion goal achieved. If it was delayed all the way to Jan 1, 2014(after the promotion period), on which I was told to have the updates of the case, there was no way I could make this up.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Update: Got the update in my account reflecting the retroactive miles and the 25k posted in my HH account. Very surprised it worked out!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It can take six weeks for a case review to occur and be implemented. I think my most recent one - appealing for my points to be returned for a stay where the property manager stipulated the points could be returned (cancellation within 48 hours requirement was not met - our cruise ship burned and we scrubbed the trip ~30 hours prior to planned arrival) - took even longer iirc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.